Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'll freely admit that I'm not that interested in MHA and therefore don't hold much of an effective curve in my mind. But Deku literally outrunning Nagant's bullets after a fairly long distance after they had been fried was way above basically anything else in the series.

Him blitzing Shigaraki is him blitzing someone with inferior speed feats to himself, so it shows us nothing to indicate an actual upgrade because the distance was too small to matter.

He can crack mach, but he would have done that previously. Nothing to write home about, definitely not effecting the larger curve of MHA in my mind.

I don't see the argument that this is some kind of an upgrade.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'll freely admit that I'm not that interested in MHA and therefore don't hold much of an effective curve in my mind. But Deku literally outrunning Nagant's bullets after a fairly long distance after they had been fried was way above basically anything else in the series.

Him blitzing Shigaraki is him blitzing someone with inferior speed feats to himself, so it shows us nothing to indicate an actual upgrade because the distance was too small to matter.

He can crack mach, but he would have done that previously. Nothing to write home about, definitely not effecting the larger curve of MHA in my mind.

I don't see the argument that this is some kind of an upgrade.
    I hear you - I didn't argue that it did anything massive to the speed curve, all I was saying is that it's being presented as an upgrade, with numbers to match at one point - specifically stating "100% becomes 120%..."

We've seen it used for all of about 6 panels so far, and just one blitz. We'll see what happens going forward. It looks kind of like a "painted into the corner" situation to an extent: either Deku is fast and strong enough to stomp (he's faster and stronger than All Might now, and All Might was enough before, soooooo... maybe?), in which case it's over, or he's not and everybody dies horribly. Well, until the surprise move happens to steal victory from the jaws of cliché, er, defeat.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I hear you - I didn't argue that it did anything massive to the speed curve, all I was saying is that it's being presented as an upgrade, with numbers to match at one point - specifically stating "100% becomes 120%..."

We've seen it used for all of about 6 panels so far, and just one blitz. We'll see what happens going forward. It looks kind of like a "painted into the corner" situation to an extent: either Deku is fast and strong enough to stomp (he's faster and stronger than All Might now, and All Might was enough before, soooooo... maybe?), in which case it's over, or he's not and everybody dies horribly. Well, until the surprise move happens to steal victory from the jaws of cliché, er, defeat.
    I was more responding to Guy1, who did claim it "blew the speed curve,"

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I was more responding to Guy1, who did claim it "blew the speed curve,"
    You're right I probably jumped the gun on that one.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.