Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    Did anyone agree with that?
    So far I understand the discussion nobody besides him.

It is ridicules to think so even when the diversity hype stops them to do something like that it won't hold on forever.
    This hype is very U.S specific and most in the world even know that it exist and I do only because of CBR and the board.
    I personally don't like trashing characters regardless of their skin colour but so long not really something change we will continue to see characters drown in the dumpster.

About Cyclops I think his weakness is that he was like Cap(steve) and Superman a moralist. I think in many readers viewed it made him too one dimensional but I won't say that he weren't A class he was for sure simple because he was a team leader of the X-men for so long and he was also one of the founding members. He was maybe not the most interesting X-men but he is/was very iconic.
    Last edited by TakoM; 09-28-2015 at 10:22 PM.

I doubt they'll go that way with her, but it would make sense that she would start to buckle under the pressure. She hasn't been making the best decisions in general the last couple of years, her behaviour has been somewhat erratic.

Honestly, I have the lowest hopes when it comes to how Storm is going to continue to be developed in ANAD Marvel. I doubt she'll be given as prominent and interesting an arc as Cyclops got.
    On ye olde CBR

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    It was better for Claremont to tell in-character stories for Storm, at the cost of her becoming irrelevant, than for Morrison to use her as he intended to have an out-of-character affair with Cyclops (although the latter would have increased her "profile")
    We don't know if they would have an affair, that's just speculation; it's quite possible that the affair idea only came after Emma was brought to the table (specially because Storm doesn't have psychic powers).

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

I'll never get "We ran out of ideas for this character". If your writers can't come up with new and inventive ideas for your characters than you need to hire new writers.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    I doubt it, it's been done twice and Storm has already been in Scott's position before Scott was in Scott's position. Anyone remember the outback era? She formed a militant attack squad of X-men back then and learned from her mistakes. Storm has been making difficult decisions for decades.
    The outback Era was no where near militant like the post M-day x-force.

Storm needs to be rebuilt since the botched stupidity that became her wedding to black panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    So far I understand the discussion nobody besides him.

It is ridicules to think so even when the diversity hype stops them to do something like that it won't hold on forever.
    This hype is very U.S specific and most in the world even know that it exist and I do only because of CBR and the board.
    I personally don't like trashing characters regardless of their skin colour but so long not really something change we will continue to see characters drown in the dumpster.
    Well diversity is very very important in US, from accepting more LGBT creators to hiring more black and female creators, for example DC is trying to hire black and female creators over male white creators. It does start as a hype but the objetcives the big two are iming for is to diversify their fanbase, adding more women and minorities to their loyal client less and move away from the stereotype of white geek that lives in his basement. Overall make comics more inclusive to all genders and races, and it starts with diversity hype aided by movie hype

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    About Cyclops I think his weakness is that he was like Cap(steve) and Superman a moralist. I think in many readers viewed it made him too one dimensional but I won't say that he weren't A class he was for sure simple because he was a team leader of the X-men for so long and he was also one of the founding members. He was maybe not the most interesting X-men but he is/was very conic.
    Emaphasis in was, his character arc the last 10 years or so was going from one dimensional uptight leader of the X men to wild card ends justify means leader, the growth was smooth and the payoff has been ... not bad actually, who'd think that cyke would insult captain america in his face and get away with it, the transition wasn't forced and it had a lot of logic. I don't think cyclops is conic, he's more cilindric

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    I doubt they'll go that way with her, but it would make sense that she would start to buckle under the pressure. She hasn't been making the best decisions in general the last couple of years, her behaviour has been somewhat erratic.

Honestly, I have the lowest hopes when it comes to how Storm is going to continue to be developed in ANAD Marvel. I doubt she'll be given as prominent and interesting an arc as Cyclops got.
    I think cyclops got that arc of becoming badass ends justify means leader because marvel had absolutely nothing to lose by turning him into that, neither any problem using him as a scapegoat in AvX, and he even won after that by proving that he was right and whoever was writing AvX didn't had enough talent to turn him into a believable villain.

Now I think marvel will want to stay in safe zone regarding to storm, wouldn't want to piss off any SJW ,the guy that writes the mission or the mary sue; too much chance of backlas ,bad publicity and ubrealiable payoff in the long term over a change that might not be good for the characters, and could also alienate the fans

BANNED

I don't think they would make Storm's leadership similar to Cyclops.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

No. Sellouts prosper. Sure, Storm might have to bite the bullet and play token antagonist to the x-verse's latest Disney Princess (aka Magik), but she'll be fiiine overall.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    No. Sellouts prosper. Sure, Storm might have to bite the bullet and play token antagonist to the x-verse's latest Disney Princess (aka Magik), but she'll be fiiine overall.
    That's a very odd thing to complain about. A new paradigm with Storm as the zealot and Magik as her rebel would be a lot better than her sitting around doing nothing. It would take a character shift for her, but shes the easiest to change into it. Someone needs to introduce a new philosophical leader for the X-men along with them though otherwise she will end up like Cyke. Someone to formulate a vision for Storm to follow and mediate disputes that everyone respects. it always goes bad when the team leader has to embody both roles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rotm View Post
    That's a very odd thing to complain about. A new paradigm with Storm as the zealot and Magik as her rebel would be a lot better than her sitting around doing nothing. It would take a character shift for her, but shes the easiest to change into it. Someone needs to introduce a new philosophical leader for the X-men along with them though otherwise she will end up like Cyke. Someone to formulate a vision for Storm to follow and mediate disputes that everyone respects. it always goes bad when the team leader has to embody both roles.
    Magneto or teen Cyke?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Magneto or teen Cyke?
    Charles or real Jean traditionally. Nightcrawler could do it back when it back when Cyke/Wolverine was the dynamic. It would have to be someone Magik would listen to so maybe teenclops but he hasn't earned it. Its hard to imagine Storm listening to him either with ten years of seniority on him.

Speaking of Magneto hes got the same problem with Mystique on his team. He gets obsessed with something because hes such a zealot, Mystique disagrees, leaves and takes half the team with her because no one is there to mediate and define their identity just like Schism, just like Hickvengers.
    Last edited by Rotm; 09-29-2015 at 11:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiophen View Post
    The outback Era was no where near militant like the post M-day x-force.

Storm needs to be rebuilt since the botched stupidity that became her wedding to black panther.
    She's been fully under the X-pen for years. BP has nothing to do with her current state.

A new paradigm with Storm as the zealot and Magik as her rebel would be a lot better than her sitting around doing nothing.
    Just about anything would be better for the character than sitting around doing nothing. Still. Storm spent the last few years whining and embarrassing herself over Cyclops being a zealot. Kinda lulzy.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Just about anything would be better for the character than sitting around doing nothing. Still. Storm spent the last few years whining and embarrassing herself over Cyclops being a zealot. Kinda lulzy.
    That's how they write leaders. Its odd to me they seem to view her as a natural character to do so. Storm's character has been a lot like Beast to me lately. She wouldn't want to do it but also has a high standard of anyone that does lead. Wherein their ideals are more important than logical action.

That's how they write leaders. Its odd to me they seem to view her as a natural character to do so. Storm's character has been a lot like Beast to me lately. She wouldn't want to do it but also has a high standard of anyone that does lead. Wherein their ideals are more important than logical action.
    No, she doesn't. She clearly, clearly holds that-mean-dudebro-who-had-sex-with-Jean-Grey to a higher standard than other leaders.