Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Default DETECTIVE COMICS #32 Preview/Discussion

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22081

Good lord! This team is killing it. Finally, a Batman book that I think is on par with the main title.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 06-06-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Incredible Member

I'm really enjoying Detective. It's quality is up their with main title in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Gorgeous. Wish I could read the 2-page spread, but whatever. There's time for that Wednesday. Harvey looks a little weird here, though. Not in every panel, but slightly froggish in one or two.

Anyway, I like my Batman to be proper detective fiction.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yep, this one has become one of my favorite titles since Manapul and Buccellato took over. Looking forward to this.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Detective has been fantastic since the team change.

Dat art.

It became my favorite book from the moment this team took over. I certanly hope there here for a loooong while.

It is so awesome that Harvey Bullock has twelve cats in his little apartment . Has this side of Bullock ever been shown before? If so I must have missed it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    It is so awesome that Harvey Bullock has twelve cats in his little apartment . Has this side of Bullock ever been shown before? If so I must have missed it.
    That made me smile as well. Never figured him for a cat person. I really am enjoying the run so far. The story is well paced and laid out bit by bit like a good story. And once again I have to mention the treatment of Bruce Wayne/Batman. He comes across as a world weary man who believes it is his duty to protect others--whether he wants to or not. Rather than some chest thumping meat-head who just wants to throw his weight around.

My only issue was the aquarium scene, it came across as too forced and like a gimmick, I would associate with a Hollywood action flick. If the aquarium is abandoned, then what is an octopus doing there? I give this issue a solid A.

BANNED

Harvey has two cats, actually. If you follow the panels, we're seeing the same two carts make their away across the room toward him as he's cleaning the litter box.

I think it's great that Harvey has cats. I never would have pegged him as a cat person myself.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

This was another fantastic issue.

Nice to have a reliably good Batman title again.

I will admit that I still retched a little at the inclusion of Alfred's "code" name.

God I hate that.
    Last edited by ispacehead; 06-11-2014 at 04:08 PM.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Haven't read the issue yet but was happy to grab the last of the pin-ups covers today.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I think it's great that Harvey has cats. I never would have pegged him as a cat person myself.
    that was a nice surprise!

I really loving the art and the story, the team is rocking this book!

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Phenomenal artwork in this issue! Seriously my favorite Batman art currently being published.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    that was a nice surprise!

I really loving the art and the story, the team is rocking this book!
    They are absolutely killing it and this book has risen from the bottom of my reading pile to very near the top. And to think a few months back I was heavily considering dropping the title.