Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    While it does seem a little Deus Ex, but in practice it's easily explainable. First because it's water he can't use actual ground as a Ground like an electric fence because he would have been shocked too. If you think about the thing as more of a stun gun then: If Batman's suit is the battery, and his fingertips the contact points then yes when the fingertips were exposed the water would have arced the voltage and stunned him too. However if he had pressure switches in the gloves then the current wouldn't have been released until he gripped the tentacle hard enough to trip the switches. The problem with that is he would have to have used both hand on opposite sides of the creature's heart or brain to have any real effect. Otherwise it would have been isolated to just the area he touched like a 9volt battery on your tongue.
    Fascinating! Thank you. I wonder how trivial this detail is to the general comic book reader.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    This was another fantastic issue.

Nice to have a reliably good Batman title again.

I will admit that I still retched a little at the inclusion of Alfred's "code" name.

God I hate that.
    I don't like the code name either. Pretty dumb.

Other than that this creative team is great. I love that Detective is going back to being an actual 'Detective' book. I love Batman solving mysteries.

Although I miss them on Flash, they're definitely proving they have what it takes to tell a great story with amazing art. Detective is slowly becoming a must read each month for me.
    Now reading: The Flash (vol. 2) 35-62