Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Daniel Radcliffe will never escape from being Harry Potter in my mind
    Speaking of, Rickman is Snape. He owned the role and the character perfectly.

Even when i read one of those books it's him i imagine as Snape.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Speaking of, Rickman is Snape. He owned the role and the character perfectly.
    No. Say Alan Rickman and most will immediately say "Yippie kai yay, mother ****er."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    No. Say Alan Rickman and most will immediately say "Yippie kai yay, mother ****er."
    Beat me to it. I have to agree. Alan Rickman's most memorable role will always be Hans Gruber, the best action movie villain ever!

I was actually pretty disappointed in Rickman's portrayal of Snape in the movies. He seemed like he was phoning it in most of the time he was doing those movies. Snape had true disdain for Harry in the books. I never got that same sense from Snape in the movies. He was just kind of part of the background most of the time he was on screen rather than the terror he was in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Which is a Bruce Willis quote. Funny example.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Which is a Bruce Willis quote. Funny example.
    Actually Rickman uses the quote mockingly on the Die Hard movies climax (Just before he gets killed). Not "funny" a quote but rather a most accurate one considering how memorable that particular scene is.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Beat me to it. I have to agree. Alan Rickman's most memorable role will always be Hans Gruber, the best action movie villain ever!

I was actually pretty disappointed in Rickman's portrayal of Snape in the movies. He seemed like he was phoning it in most of the time he was doing those movies. Snape had true disdain for Harry in the books. I never got that same sense from Snape in the movies. He was just kind of part of the background most of the time he was on screen rather than the terror he was in the books.
    I felt the same way -- I don't know if it was bad scripting, direction, or just Rickman playing the character his own way, but I never saw him as Snape. He's practically a different character -- he doesn't sneer half as much, he doesn't yell half as much, and he's shown far more enough to fall under the "strict and not nice, but fair" category than the emotionally abusive, petty man of the books.

BANNED

Neil Patrick Harris is definitely known more now for NPH (in the Harold and Kumar movies) or Barney Stinson than Doogie Howser

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Neil Patrick Harris is definitely known more now for NPH (in the Harold and Kumar movies) or Barney Stinson than Doogie Howser
    Nether those movies or that show were as big as Doogie Howser. And part of the whole gag with him as that version of himself in Harold and Kumar was that, that was Doogie Howser being so crazy.

BANNED

Doogie Howser wasn't as big as people remember, it lasted 4 seasons and was barely in reruns

BANNED

Anyone whose played James Bond

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

The big ones which haven't been mentioned yet. . . .

Bela Lugosi as Count Dracula

Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster

Lon Chaney jr. as The Wolfman

Also, don't know if anyone feels this way, but Bryan Cranston to me will forever be known as Hal from MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE. Its part of the reason why I never bothered watching BREAKING BAD. Which I know isn't fair, but that's how I feel.
    Last edited by Oskar Von Strange; 09-29-2015 at 09:20 PM.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Doogie Howser wasn't as big as people remember, it lasted 4 seasons and was barely in reruns
    And it was watched by more people than most shows on tv today. It was a pretty big show, especially when it started. Not the biggest show, but more people watched it than How I Met Your Mother.

Astonishing Member

Rainn Wilson=Dwight K Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by Oskar Von Strange View Post
    Also, don't know if anyone feels this way, but Bryan Cranston to me will forever be known as Hal from MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE. Its part of the reason why I never bothered watching BREAKING BAD. Which I know isn't fair, but that's how I feel.
    I think most people would have agreed with you prior to Breaking Bad. I would now imagine they'll always see him as Walter White. It's definitely the defining role of his career.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    I think most people would have agreed with you prior to Breaking Bad. I would now imagine they'll always see him as Walter White. It's definitely the defining role of his career.
    It's also a role on a show most people didn't watch.