Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

This whole thing is looking better and better.
    As for the ending of last issue, I'm glad it wasn't spoiled. It's nice to be genuinely surprised.

Series has been great. Just tired of seeing Cap turned into a old man. why can't he just lose the serum and become a normal human trying to still be Captain America

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    This whole thing is looking better and better.
    As for the ending of last issue, I'm glad it wasn't spoiled. It's nice to be genuinely surprised.
    Aye. Totally. I kinda resent the fact that everything is spoiled months in advance. It's nice when things just happen in story, and you just come across it.

Quote Originally Posted by mfactor View Post
    Series has been great. Just tired of seeing Cap turned into a old man. why can't he just lose the serum and become a normal human trying to still be Captain America
    It happens like that too. In fact, I think him aging as a result of losing the SSS is the least common result.

The last time he was 'depowered' was in Bru's final run, and he was just a skinny guy still determined to be a hero.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    What? The mere fact this was kept a secret, is one of the best things. It came out of left field, it wasn't something we knew was going to happen, too many comics, especially events, you already know how they end.

How can you be disappointed by this?
    I was disappointed in the fact that it needed more in-story explanation as to what happened. I definitely don't want spoilers like "Professor X will die!" the day before I read the book, but they could have indicated that the Iron Nail could suck out Steve's serum, or something to that effect. I was confused by what happened because it just seemed to happen, almost randomly, especially since Steve had already been stabbed with the nail tentacles before without that happening.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I was disappointed in the fact that it needed more in-story explanation as to what happened. I definitely don't want spoilers like "Professor X will die!" the day before I read the book, but they could have indicated that the Iron Nail could suck out Steve's serum, or something to that effect. I was confused by what happened because it just seemed to happen, almost randomly, especially since Steve had already been stabbed with the nail tentacles before without that happening.
    I'm just curious as to where and when you'd need that information, other than the moment it occurred?

I mean, are you insisting that it be spoon fed and foreshadowed to death before hand ("Look at Iron Nail sucking the life out of that man! I wonder what effect that might have on my SSS, by gosh?!")?

Until the moment it becomes a plot point, I don't see that it need be one. You know, having read the scene, that Iron Nail is capable of sucking the SSS right out of him. What more is it that you feel was necessary?

I'm genuinely confused as to what you mean here. If you could clarify for me? Thanks!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I'm just curious as to where and when you'd need that information, other than the moment it occurred?

I mean, are you insisting that it be spoon fed and foreshadowed to death before hand ("Look at Iron Nail sucking the life out of that man! I wonder what effect that might have on my SSS, by gosh?!")?

Until the moment it becomes a plot point, I don't see that it need be one. You know, having read the scene, that Iron Nail is capable of sucking the SSS right out of him. What more is it that you feel was necessary?

I'm genuinely confused as to what you mean here. If you could clarify for me? Thanks!
    My point is that Iron Nail sticks a nail into Steve and suddenly he's old. There's was nothing to indicate that Iron Nail had such an ability. Iron Nail had actually stuck Steve with the nails previously without a draining effect.

Despite your deliberately hyperbolic statements, yes, I would have preferred that Iron Nail sucked the life out of any of the numerous people he has killed in the past 10 issues to establish he could do that. In my opinion, knowing that Steve was being drained of life every second those nails were in him but still fought on to save all those innocent people would have added tension and drama to the scene. Instead, Iron Nail rolls him over and he's suddenly old. To me, it was more of a "Huh? How did that happen?" than an "oh shit!" At the least, Iron Nail could have said something to implicate he was draining him, maybe drawing an analogy about America no longer being a superpower or some such, or Cap's internal monologue could have mentioned something. The way it played out, it was a sudden an abrupt new ability seemly designed just to set up a new arc where Cap is powerless and infirmed. I hope this obviates some of the "genuine confusion" as to my opinion, and seemingly the opinion of many others in this thread.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Ultimate Member

It's a case of you going "wait, since when did he have this power, he's never used of hinted at it before" when ideally you should be going "oh crap." It's lazy writing. You don't have to spell it out for people, but give us something. Even something as simple as Iron Nail saying "I have a way to neutralize the Captain completely." There, he doesn't tell you HOW he's going to do that, but then when you get to this issue you go "oh, so that's what he meant."

Wasn't there a storyline way back when that someone accused Steve Rogers of essentially being on steroids so that Steve Rogers voluntarily somehow gave up using the SSS for a bit?

All-New Member

Thanks for the info

I guess I won't be reading that one either

I prefer my Captain America real (no knock-offs) and Young looking, with the full effect of the Super-Soldier serum

At least we got good Cap movies from Marvel; maybe Disney should interfere in Marvel Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Thanks for the info

I guess I won't be reading that one either

I prefer my Captain America real (no knock-offs) and Young looking, with the full effect of the Super-Soldier serum

At least we got good Cap movies from Marvel; maybe Disney should interfere in Marvel Comics
    It's just a story arc dude.

This to me is another chapter in the Marvel line-wide attacks on superheroes that are being carried out right under their noses, attacks being instigated by none other than Steve Rogers long-time nemesis, reborn, the new Red Skull possessing the brain and powers of Charles Xavier. Everywhere either the authorities or figures with connections to S.H.I.E.L.D. are taking out the heroes with far more energy than they are exerting against the supervillains. AXIS, here we come.

I have felt for many years that Steve Rogers has incompetently and almost criminally underestimated the Red Skull. When the Red Skull appears, there should be an all-heroes on deck alert not just a ho-hum can't be bothered approach. And now they're all going to play for Steve Rogers' negligence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    This to me is another chapter in the Marvel line-wide attacks on superheroes that are being carried out right under their noses, attacks being instigated by none other than Steve Rogers long-time nemesis, reborn, the new Red Skull possessing the brain and powers of Charles Xavier. Everywhere either the authorities or figures with connections to S.H.I.E.L.D. are taking out the heroes with far more energy than they are exerting against the supervillains. AXIS, here we come.

I have felt for many years that Steve Rogers has incompetently and almost criminally underestimated the Red Skull. When the Red Skull appears, there should be an all-heroes on deck alert not just a ho-hum can't be bothered approach. And now they're all going to play for Steve Rogers' negligence.
    I agree.
    Looks like Remender has been playing the long game with Skull as are other corners of Marvel.
    Something big is coming and Axis may just be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    My point is that Iron Nail sticks a nail into Steve and suddenly he's old. There's was nothing to indicate that Iron Nail had such an ability. Iron Nail had actually stuck Steve with the nails previously without a draining effect.

Despite your deliberately hyperbolic statements, yes, I would have preferred that Iron Nail sucked the life out of any of the numerous people he has killed in the past 10 issues to establish he could do that.
    Then you already forgot about the beginning of the CA #13 where it was revealed that he can make people temporary old by sucking their life!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Then you already forgot about the beginning of the CA #13 where it was revealed that he can make people temporary old by sucking their life!
    BOOM! So all this bellyaching was over nothing. lol.