Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Look Inside Lemire & Smallwood's "Moon Knight" #1

Marvel Comics has released some of Greg Smallwood's interior art for his and Jeff Lemire's upcoming relaunch.

Full article here.

Looks like they're going fora similar dual artstyle as Lemire's Hawkeye. Looks great, although I'm not a huge fan of the chalkiness of Smallwood's lines. Wonder if the nose plaster is a Chinatown reference.

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    Looks like they're going fora similar dual artstyle as Lemire's Hawkeye. Looks great, although I'm not a huge fan of the chalkiness of Smallwood's lines. Wonder if the nose plaster is a Chinatown reference.
    - They're mimicking Bill Sienkiewicz's art style in the original 1980's Moon Knight run. Which has me really curious how far back they might be going with this whole "insane asylum" idea. To the beginning? Was there ever a Moon Knight?

Spectacular Member

gorgeous art, I may have to pick this up

Interesting pitch and great art. I'm so ready for this.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Amazing Member

This looks amazing.

They could totally premise this into a Net Flicks show. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanaaron View Post
    - They're mimicking Bill Sienkiewicz's art style in the original 1980's Moon Knight run. Which has me really curious how far back they might be going with this whole "insane asylum" idea. To the beginning? Was there ever a Moon Knight?
    Cool. Thanks for the info.

I think the announcement asked the 'was there ever a Moon Knight' question. Lot of potential for meta-commentary, of course, what with different runs each giving a different take on the character, which makes even sane Marvel characters look a little schizophrenic. Definitely sounds like its going to an interesting book.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They could totally premise this into a Net Flicks show. Just saying.
    Especially since they can use the tuxedo suit (what with them generally being quite wary of full-blown costumes in the MCU).

Here's to hoping the series stays black and white.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanaaron View Post
    The obvious answer is yes, there has been a Moon Knight all along. His appearances and aid in other events and characters books over the years answers that.
    It's really a silly tag line to toss out and if they were serious about that possibly being the case would be something they'd keep as a twist.

The art does look good in those B&W's though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Looks Great, but.. another reboot? how long was the new cvolume (the one that started with Warren Ellis )? will there be any continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The obvious answer is yes, there has been a Moon Knight all along. His appearances and aid in other events and characters books over the years answers that.
    It's really a silly tag line to toss out and if they were serious about that possibly being the case would be something they'd keep as a twist.

The art does look good in those B&W's though.
    I think the point is the Moon Knight will be asking himself that question, not so much that the audience are expected to believe he never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Looks Great, but.. another reboot? how long was the new cvolume (the one that started with Warren Ellis )? will there be any continuity?
    In what way is this a reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Yeah, and... can someone go ahead and spoil the end of that run and let me know how he ended up in the asylum? Last issue I read was the boogie man one, where the boogie man asked Konshu why he had forsaken him. Oh! Speaking of that issue... did they ever explain that ending?

Thanks in advance. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Magnotron View Post
    Yeah, and... can someone go ahead and spoil the end of that run and let me know how he ended up in the asylum? Last issue I read was the boogie man one, where the boogie man asked Konshu why he had forsaken him. Oh! Speaking of that issue... did they ever explain that ending?

Thanks in advance. :-)
    It was left ambiguous and up to the reader to interpret.

As for him in the insane asylum, I think that's one of the things the series plans to have as a mystery and reveal later on.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher