Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Default Are Deluxe HC and Absolute HC worth the TPB upgrade.

Hiya. So my Morrison bat run is mixed with Deluxed HC's TPB's and Monthlies. (namely the new 52 stuff)

I've enjoyed the Deluxe ed's of Batman the black glove, return of Wayne and B&R vol 3.

So, is R.I.P worthy of an upgrade to deluxe status?
    Also, I noticed that B&R all 3 vols have been collected in an absolute format, is that worth the upgrade too?
    Finally, is the new Batman INC Absolute worth it too ie. is Burnham's art 100% complete?

I really wanna enjoy this Great run in the best experience possible.

Thanks.

Edit.
    Also does Time and the Batman have a deluxe HC?
    Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan; 06-06-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Personally I only like single issues and absolutes/omnibus. So I recommend you just get the absolutes whenever you can lol. As for the other questions can't answer them well and I also found morrisons run really confusing (especially the final crisis part which I skipped) but I think I'll pick up the absolutes when they come out.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Incredible Member

I only have Absolute editions for stuff that I find will enhance the artwork for example I'm a fan of Jim Lee's work so it was a must for me to have Batman Hush and Superman For Tomorrow in Absolute editions.

At the end of the day, it's your money. If you like all the extra stuff with hardcovers and Absolute editions, get them.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Deluxe and Absolutes are at their best when the art is fantastic. Reading the prose issue of Morrison's run in deluxe format does nothing. But seeing JHW3's art is just breathtaking.

That said the extras are also nice. The B&R Absolute disappointingly doesn't add anything to what was already added to the deluxe editions. However for something like the Final Crisis or Batman Inc Absolute editions which included new artwork those I believe are worth the investment. Or the background information about nearly every character in All-Star Superman.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Hmm thanks for the response guys.
    I guess upgrading these will probably be low on my list. First need to finish Johns's GL run then move on to his Flash run then a bunch of Spidey books.
    I really shouldn't be going Holiday next week lol.