Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Grayson Annual #2 Preview/Discussion

http://www.avclub.com/article/exclus...-grayso-225984

Takes place right before Dick goes back to Spyral. This should be a fun, character-driven issue.

Art looks pretty decent. Is this the first time we've had neither Janin nor Mooney on a Grayson issue? Excited for this, should be a fun read.

Incredible Member

Super excited for this. I love Seeley, and the art looks really good.

I've been excited for this since it was first announced. Even back then you could see how differently Bruce and Dick looked at things. Dick is such an amazing character and that's one of the things that makes him amazing.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm super excited, I always loved Dick's relationship with Superman.
    "Red", "Blue", "Superman is cool"...yeah I'm gonna love this lol and I love the "creepy eye-bug" part
    I guess it's gonna be a fun issue, nothing too serious but I'm fine with it~

LoL, Batman doesn't like Dick calling Superman cool and hypnos have a warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    LoL, Batman doesn't like Dick calling Superman cool and hypnos have a warranty.
    Bruce is jealous

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I haven't read the preview but I've been really looking forward to this Annual. Can't wait for Wednesday.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Ha, that was awesome! Can't wait to see this.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Nice to see some new 52 Robin flashbacks. Here's hoping there mo tree on blockbuster like references to bludhaven
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member

I like what I see. I dig "several years ago". It's neat to see a little big of 'paranoid early post-Miller Bruce' retroactively applied to what is pretty clearly peak Bruce & Dick timeline - Blockbuster of course debuted during the New Look/Batman '66 late sixties period contemporary with Babs, Ivy, Cluemaster and Lord Death Man.

Still feels weird to see the Extreme Wildstorm New 52 costumes set in the late 60s period especially since Blockbuster looks like he did back then. But great reason to use Buster and Superman (perfect foe for depowered Clark, too). Nice Hudson reference. Hypno deets forthcoming. Lovely art. Excited.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Anyone else think the N52 Robin costume looks embarassingly like the Joel Schumaker one?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Anyone else think the N52 Robin costume looks embarassingly like the Joel Schumaker one?
    You had me at "embarrassing."

Also, seems the art team couldnt make up their mind on whether the yellow shoulder straps go over his cape or under his cape.

Also, I'm going to do my best to mentally substitute the old earth 2 robin suit instead from now on.

Can't wait till tomorrow. Loved the fist bump and that they are calling each other "Red" and "Blue". It's great that we get their first real interaction in with this writer team and I really like the art. I was getting a bit pessimistic about Mooney's art because while he has improved since Futures End he has still very visible weaknesses.
    King said the Annual would have a deeper meaning for Robin Wars. I'm excited for that.

This looks fun. I haven't read anything with Dick interacting with Clark, so this will be a first for me.