Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Cumberbatch should be Strange and Gillan should be Baron Mordo. Viggo could easily be a convincing Dormammu.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Some great ideas in this thread!

I was watching the Mummy the other day and I think Oded Fehr would make a good Dr. Strange.

eye-candy-oded-fehr-12.jpg

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

So how about Doctor Strange? Marvel is putting together its cast list, and I’m hearing that Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are on it. While Marvel has teased this property with mentions in films including Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the film solidified and felt urgent when Scott Derrickson tweeted this week that he will direct the script by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer.
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/marv...-wish-listers/
    tom-hardy__121217174314__140606205530.jpgBenedictCumberbatch__140607005614.jpg

All-New Member

Does that mean they're both up for it or is Tom Hardy considered for another role?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    Timothy Olyphant for Stephen Strange.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0648249/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I just came in here to say ^this. Totally agree.

As I've posted elsewhere, I definitely wouldn't cast Cumberbatch (over-rated actor, plus I personally think he is hugely unattractive), or Depp (too prone to camping up roles and rather out of control as an actor from what I've heard). Liam Neeson is too old. Strange is supposed to be in his mid-40s. Viggo Mortensen is also too old. I don't know much about Jared Leto but he is a very good actor so he might work. I like Aidan Gillen quite a lot on GoT, but I don't know if he can pull off an American accent or not (I also don't know if the movie will change Strange's origin and make him non-American). As I've posted elsewhere here on CBR, I'd suggest Jon Hamm or Richard Armitage, or if they want to cast younger (mid 30s), some like Matt Bomer or Luke Evans.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Edgar Ramierez is reportedly in talks to join the project. I don't know about Strange, but I could see him as Baron Mordo.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/...e-as-somebody/
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Edgar Rameriez could be Mordo his race isn't really important. As long as Wong is Asian and Strange white. Mordo could be anything. Also he does Villain well hero not so much.

Oh and I totally agree with Timothy olyphant.

I said it before as a joke but I kinda wish Tom welling never did Smallville. CAuse after seeing him as a solid actor in Parkland(Small role) and Draft Day and then seeing pic of him like this Tom-Welling-2014-04-10-NY-7.jpg

I could actualy see him pulling it off. You have to admit he does kind of have the look. He could never do the role because hes Clark Kent to way too many ppl. Just wish he wasn't cause I think he might surprise some ppl. Hed make a way better strange then Harry Potter would make a Robin lol Ratcliff is funny thinking anyone wants him to ever play any version of Robin.

Pedro Pascal!