Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

image.jpg

I remember reading this comic while I was watching The Gong Show. I also remember wondering why Chewbacca's brother wore a green cape.
    I dig music, comics and pop culture so I started a blog. It has almost ended me.

http://tigrtigr.com

http://forum.tigrtigr.com

Some random X-Men comic from the 90s.

All-New Member

Johnny the homicidal maniac was my first comic

Wish I could remember.

If I had to guess, probably some Donald Duck comics brought along on vacation by my relatives.

Just like on TV, except why did Sue have orange hair and why does everyone call her Crys? Somehow I got over it. It was the first definite comic I remember explicitly, and actually owned.

This: Asterix and the Goths

Last edited by Orujo-man; 09-04-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

It was the 80's. My older brother left a lot of comics behind when he moved. He kept them in his dresser unbagged. When me and my mother moved, I decided to take them with us, though my mother wanted to give them away. When we moved into our new place I decided to bag and box them and put them all in alphabetical and number order. When I was doing that, I saw a bunch of covers that intrigued me. I had already recognized the main players such as Spidey and Super Friends and the Superman films. Which I enjoyed (well, except for the third one). Cloak and Dagger and Spider-Man caught my eye the most. C and D were the most unique characters I'd ever seen. I already loved Spidey from the cartoons . I can't remember for sure but it was either Cloak and Dagger # 1 of the mini-series or the first issue of the Kraven's Last Hunt storyline for Spidey.

Easy. The first comic I read was the first comic my brother bought: “Les gangsters du pétrole” (The oil gangsters). After the Second World War, three aviators went to fly for a dubious company and were involved, despite themselves, in dirty activities…

“Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

First comic book I ever saw, read, and/or owned:

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

I think it was a Hot Stuff comic.

Much like my actual virginity, it was so long ago I can barely remember, but I’m pretty sure it was…

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I can't for the life of me remember the very first comic book I read. I probably started with newspaper comic strips. I believe the first comic book I owned was either a) a Back to the Future comic (based on the cartoon) or b) an enormous Dick Tracey comic strip collection book.
    Comic strips were indeed the first related art form of that kind that I read (even before I could read), too. 55-something years ago, that would have meant Blondie, Terry and the Pirates, Dondi, Little Orphan Annie, and my all-time favorite - Dick Tracy (I used to collect the Crimestopper sections, FWIW).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fantastic Member

I don't exactly remember, but I know I read a comic with Morbius in it. I was very young, so it could have been Amazing Spider-Man 101, which was Morbius' first appearance.

Morbius.jpg

A few years later, I began buying comics with my 25 cents/week allowance, and I was all about Spider-Man and Superman comics.

I don't know what comic I read first when I was very young. I do recall reading Spider-Man #8 with the Torch story.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!