Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

My big brother's copy of King Size Special Avengers #2
    index.jpg

I lost my virginity to Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and ALF.

Enjoy that mental image.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

It all started with a smurf. (as often when you're from Europe, it's a smurf, Asterix or Tintin who's going to get the job done most likely)

And i never regretted it.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 09-30-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Probably an issue from Batman Adventures based off the animated series.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

She was a year older , and lived down the street. Those were good times. Oh yeah....great times.

Hold on this is about comics ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    She was a year older , and lived down the street. Those were good times. Oh yeah....great times.

Hold on this is about comics ?
    My thoughts exactly

A bunch of Superman comics released around the same time as the first Christopher Reeve movie.

Some X-Men comic my sister gave me. Then I got Transformers from her boyfriend, Captain America, and Thundercats.

The first comics I bought were Alf #12 and the Real Ghostbusters #8. My first super books I bought were Flash #1, Action Comics #588, and Detective Comics #575.

My dad later gave me a stack of Lois Lane, Superman comics, and MAD magazine.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    I lost my virginity to Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and ALF.

Enjoy that mental image.
    We're Alf buddies!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Can't remember the exact issue but it was in June 1995 and the comic was Amazing Spider-Man.

LOL About the title of the thread though.

Spectacular Member Puppetmaker Grae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Like every British person above a certain age, The Beano!
    Ditto!

10char

BANNED

avengers130.jpg
    avengers130.jpg
    Pretty sure it was this. Might have been ASM 139 or 140, though, but this is the one I remember.

It happened with an issue of Vampirella. It was a magical moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    avengers130.jpg
    avengers130.jpg
    Pretty sure it was this. Might have been ASM 139 or 140, though, but this is the one I remember.
    Did the villains stop and pick up a lame-o just so Hawkeye would have someone to fight?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Did the villains stop and pick up a lame-o just so Hawkeye would have someone to fight?
    No, that Slasher guy was a jewelry thief. He robbed a jewelry store and killed the owner, and then told the "Titanic Three" that the Avengers
    did it. Of course they believed the guy in the suit of razors, so they fought. Slasher decided he would run over Vision, except Vision had
    increased his density so it was like running into a wall, and it busted the razor costume up and the diamonds fell out. The Titanic Three
    apologized to the Avengers, told them to get out of Saigon, and killed Slasher guy.

Btw, Mantis was with the Avengers in this issue. They had come to Saigon to bury the Swordsman and were looking for clues to Mantis's
    past. Cap even made a cameo in his Nomad gear. He just happened to be in town, too. The book led right into the the main part of the
    Celestial Madonna story. Not a bad first comic.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    No, that Slasher guy was a jewelry thief. He robbed a jewelry store and killed the owner, and then told the "Titanic Three" that the Avengers did it. Of course they believed the guy in the suit of razors, so they fought. Slasher decided he would run over Vision, except Vision had
    increased his density so it was like running into a wall, and it busted the razor costume up and the diamonds fell out. The Titanic Three
    apologized to the Avengers, told them to get out of Saigon, and killed Slasher guy.

Btw, Mantis was with the Avengers in this issue. They had come to Saigon to bury the Swordsman and were looking for clues to Mantis's
    past. Cap even made a cameo in his Nomad gear. He just happened to be in town, too. The book led right into the the main part of the
    Celestial Madonna story. Not a bad first comic.
    The short version of that is, pretty much. It was a neat perspective on crime and the cold war.