Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Justice League #44

Darkseid versus Anti-Monitor! A corrupted Superman versus Lex Luthor! Myrina Black versus Grail! This chapter of "Darkseid War" has it all-plus an ending that will change the League forever!

Full preview here.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

They stole my idea for the Joker! I would make him as the Loki of the DCU.

Calling it now: Superman kills Lex, that's why Lex hasn't showed up to take advantage of the Truth plotline. Although there are so many Truth books, he could've easily made a cameo that I overlooked.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

He did. In Batman/Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Calling it now: Superman kills Lex, that's why Lex hasn't showed up to take advantage of the Truth plotline. Although there are so many Truth books, he could've easily made a cameo that I overlooked.
    He's made a appearance in the Batman/Superman book early on in Truth.

BANNED

Superman killing Lex seems too predictable, especially since Johns already had Superman used to kill Dr. Light.

Superman isn't going to kill Lex in the context of this story, not only becuase he's in Truth, but because Lex has a Gods and Men issue coming out and is on a future cover .

Oh yeah, he was in Batman/Superman. Well, when a story crossed 5 different books, it's easy to forget a few details.
    I'm excited to read this, but it has been my least favorite of the Truth books, especially when they went to the magical Hordr root cloud city.

Always Rakzo

This was fantastic. Bombastic and powerful, Fabok's work certainly contributed a lot to that.

About the last page, yeah, I don't think is anything to worry about.

Ever since Fabok came on board this has been the best book from DC.

I'm very much looking forward to this one.
    My Top 5 Comic Books I am reading are:

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

This is the best book from either of the big 2 right now imo. But someone seriously should have reminded Johns that the New Gods are multiversal beings, and that Steppenwolf died on Earth 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba3231 View Post
    This is the best book from either of the big 2 right now imo. But someone seriously should have reminded Johns that the New Gods are multiversal beings, and that Steppenwolf died on Earth 2.
    Um Maybe he knows Steppenwolf died, and just didn't care.

I think it maybe that the New Gods just send their "avatar" to each Earth and if they die their then it only applies to that Universe. The art is fantastic as usual but I think the TDKR Bruce need to go in favor of the late 70's to early 80's Bruce who is not an a-hole and has spent years training his mind to not fall towards arrogance/self-destruction. Evil/Corrupted Superman is kind of played out to me and I really hope that was the last exposition by Wonder Woman that ends with her stating who she is. This story is going good but the plot drags with all the secrets everyone is carrying.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baba3231 View Post
    Every issue this comes up and a huge chunk of discussion gets devoted to it. My gosh people, we've been over it, just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    I think the TDKR Bruce need to go in favor of the late 70's to early 80's Bruce who is not an a-hole and has spent years training his mind to not fall towards arrogance/self-destruction. Evil/Corrupted Superman is kind of played out to me and I really hope that was the last exposition by Wonder Woman that ends with her stating who she is. This story is going good but the plot drags with all the secrets everyone is carrying.
    My thoughts exactly. It's not only that Bruce seems too arrogant but that it is always written more prominent when GL is with him. I am also just waiting for Luthor to find a solution for his Clark problem and I want more action with Diana. The secret's are getting a bit much while nothing is revealed. Hopefully the story will have a big final.

Fabok is just great. I love his style.