Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
I'll note that this board is less active when there are less major (ie- main title) Spider-Man comics.

Intermissions are likely to result in less conversation about a series, because there's a shortage of new content. That isn't necessarily a problem for Marvel, in the same way it's not a problem for HBO if there's less chatter about Game of Thrones during the time new episodes aren't being aired.
Another idea is for the intermissions between the seasons to serve as a warm-up, prequel and teaser. So have a miniseries or series of one-shots leading up to the new season. I love villain-centric books, so the idea of focusing on the upcoming baddie in the lead-up appeals to me greatly. It would also be good for new and lapsed readers, giving them a chance to understand and connect with the character. I think sometimes the villain could benefit from being better established. Sometimes he kind of coasts on track record, if you will, just showing up without enough explanation and exploration. It's just kind of assumed we all know who he is and what the history is, in some cases.

Other options could be learning more about the supporting cast, the workplace, the love interest... just getting a deeper and richer feel for the life of Peter Parker. I've always agreed with the idea that Peter is the star, not Spider-Man, and a setup like this would provide a great canvas to paint a fuller, wider picture. Then when the season starts, we already hate/feel sorry for the villain, think the new neighbor is interesting, and can't wait to see if anything comes of the woman he is dating. It would provide some of the elements that the con-seasonal model folks feel would be missing in the seasonal approach, also.