Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: The Legendary Star-Lord, #1

This July, Peter Quill flies solo for the very first time in THE LEGENDARY STAR-LORD #1 - the bombastic new series from fan-favorite writer Sam Humphries and rising star artist Paco Medina!
    Spinning directly out of the pages of Guardians of the Galaxy and just in time for the highly anticipated summer blockbuster - the notorious interstellar outlaw is striking out to swindle and swashbuckle his way across the galaxy in search of big adventures and even bigger scores. Expect a battle with the Badoon, a fight to save an orphanage, not to mention a little flirting with Kitty Pryde of the X-Men - and that's just the FIRST ISSUE!
    From the cold abyss of deep space to the seedy alien underworld, deadly forces await around every turn - and the Star-Lord stands alone. As the brazen outlaw prepares to strike out on a new journey, no fan can afford to miss the continuing adventures of the leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy. An epic new adventure begins right here - if he lives that long! Hang on dear reader, as Sam Humphries & Paco Medina take you out of this world when THE LEGENDARY STAR-LORD #1 explodes onto comic shop shelves and digital devices this July!

Full article here.

BANNED

There's no room on my pull list for this but that art is sweeeeeeet!

8 covers wow

The art does look good though
    We need better comics

All the art, both Interior and Covers, look amazing; Paco Medina is just a really good interior artist whenever I see it and I can't wait to see more of this. As for the Variants, have to say my favorites are Mahmud Asrar's and Sara Pichelli's.

BANNED

Looks pretty sweet!

Awesome artwork by Medina!

Thank goodness Pete is FINALLY out of that "trying really,REALLY-hard to look cool" blue lightning uniform.
    The movie look isn't my absolute favorite costume for him but it's pretty darn close and it does successfully promote that sly space-rogue personality they got going for him now far better then the "Prettiest Prince of the Galaxy" look he was sporting all last year.

I'll definitely be giving this book a chance. I haven't enjoyed BMB's Portrayal of Quill over in the main series so here's hoping Humphries' take is more like James Gunn's movie version in personality as well as in appearance. Neither will match the Annihilation version I'm sure but I'm just happy to have an alternative really.

Although, I'm keeping my expectations realistic because this is what...the 1000th Peter Quill gets captured story in the last year?
    Geez, c'mon guys try something new will ya'? "He's the Star-Lord!!! Respect Him!"

Paco Medina is a great artist, but, unfortunately, I'll keep my distance from this. Don't care much for the "loser with daddy issues" Bendis version that they seem to be going with now, and that costume is an eye-sore (Yes, even the previous none is an improvemente in my eyes). I wish it well, though.

Peace

Astonishing Member

The movie costume really does not work for the comics.

BANNED

This looks great.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-06-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Well, I like the blue and yellow outfit :P

And that Sara Pichelli cover is amazing! Unfortunately, even with Medina doing the art I'll avoid this because Humphries is writing it (but I might get the trade if the reviews are great).
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Bendis still gets hate even when he's not doing the writing. lol
    A true sign he has bugnled things up lol

Years ago I would have got this out of blind loyalty to the series, no question. Really on the fence with this one.

BANNED

The BLUE costume is the best! MOVIE costume blows!

Spectacular Member

At least the generic boy band look is gone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlok2011 View Post
    The BLUE costume is the best!
    I agree.

We dont even know if it will have the feel of Bendis version...probably will , but maybe not.

It looks solid..ill be dropping moon knight and picking this up..probably regret it though.

Hope the cancerverse stuff pans out ..after sticking with marvel for awhile id hate to drop marvel titles because of it.
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 06-06-2014 at 05:18 PM.