Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Another sneak-peak from this comics!
    Looks pretty great, Medina's art is always pretty cool. Plus Kitty Pryde is in this, I think it's pretty awesome to see her still hanging out and talking to Starlord.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

[QUOTE=Username taken;170330][QUOTE=Alvarez;169307]Think I'm gonna wait till it comes out before I make any final decisions.

Agreed.

People need to apply common sense and wait until the issues are out and are READ before making any judgements.
    I may give it a try. But it does appear that this is not the more mature version of Starlord that his fans have grown to care for. It appears to be the more kiddy version. Starlord used to be high-concept, more mature science fiction. Now the character appears to be placed in a more modern Marvel formula, i.e. younger, jokier (I made that word up), less a mature person.

Like I said, I will give it a try. But a number of Marvel's titles are being written for a younger crowd, which is fine. I read those too, but I really prefer stuff written a bit more mature. I find the more mature stuff more enjoyable. I am not talking about sex, nudity, etc. I am talking about stuff that is not written like old Saturday morning cartoons of the 1980s.
    Last edited by 50yearoldNovafan; 06-07-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Honest confession, i have no problem with any of his costumes. Clearly DnA era was the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Rocket Raccoon issue 1 had over 300,000 copies in pre-orders.

Is there any other comic with such hefty first issue numbers that've been cancelled in 6 to 12 issues?

1. the key word in your post is "PRE-ORDERS". As in copies ordered by comic shops. Just because 300,000 copies were PRE-ORDERED by comic shops, DOES NOT mean that book will actually sell 300,000 copies to actual walk in store customers.

2. RR#1 has at least 6 variant covers that were largely responsible for the 300,000 PRE-ORDERS.

3. Idiot speculators, who are convinced that RR will be the breakout star of the GOTG movie and become super popular with moviegoers (especially kids) is the other reason for the 300,000 PRE-ORDERS.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Don't like the movie version 'costume' and I don't like the romance with Kitty Pride.

Probably wont be picking this up seen as that is the case.

Kinda odd they are looking at pairing him up with a character they can't use in the movies, kinda mucks up their synergy
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    1. the key word in your post is "PRE-ORDERS". As in copies ordered by comic shops. Just because 300,000 copies were PRE-ORDERED by comic shops, DOES NOT mean that book will actually sell 300,000 copies to actual walk in store customers.

2. RR#1 has at least 6 variant covers that were largely responsible for the 300,000 PRE-ORDERS.

3. Idiot speculators, who are convinced that RR will be the breakout star of the GOTG movie and become super popular with moviegoers (especially kids) is the other reason for the 300,000 PRE-ORDERS.
    Whilst that is all technically true I think its worth mentioning that RR having 4-6 Variants is fairly standard for a #1 from Marvel. Books like Walking Dead #115 (I think) had 15 Variants to get 300 000+ orders. Regardless it will be interesting to see where RR ends up sales wise on issue #2 and by around #6.

The art is great! Not too keen on the Kitty Pryde thing. It's another forced Bendis fave character. They meet once and all of a sudden she has the hots for Peter Quill. Come to think of it, Kitty seems to always go after guys named Peter. Peter Rasputin, Peter Wisdom, and now Peter Quill.

As for Rocket, that book has Skottie Young. Nuff said!

BANNED

~sigh~ I had high hopes for this, but the more I see of it the more it looks like the butchered Bendis version of Starlord which bares no resemblance to the character most fans know and love. I'll buy the first issue, but I expect I'll be disappointed. Hopefully it surprises me.

Really not looking forward to yet another book depicting our middle aged grizzled multi-galactic war vet as a pretty-boy youngster with daddy issues calling his earth girlfriend and chatting for 5 pages about nothing..

How old is Kitty anyway? I love Medina, but that image of a teenage in bed, with a grown man making googly eyes to her is kinda yuck. I know she's always favored older men, but it really is becoming kind of ridiculous.

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    How old is Kitty anyway? I love Medina, but that image of a teenage in bed, with a grown man making googly eyes to her is kinda yuck. I know she's always favored older men, but it really is becoming kind of ridiculous.

Peace
    She's like in her 20's now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    She's like in her 20's now.
    Perhaps it's be a good idea for her to drop the Kitty knickname and go by Kate? Might help dissacociate from further impressions of impropriety.

Peace

BANNED

Perhaps it's be a good idea for her to drop the Kitty knickname and go by Kate? Might help dissacociate from further impressions of impropriety.

Peace

Touché. Still find the image above kind of creepy, though.

Peace

BANNED

Touché. Still find the image above kind of creepy, though.

Peace
    Which one? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Another sneak-peak from this comics!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Which one? lol.
    This one.

Peace