Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Mr. Bones and fambly!

'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    WestPhillyPunisher beat you to that cover several posts back Professor Moriarty.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Remind me of the X-Men Deadly Genesis cover (note: NOT my entry!).

P.S: hope it won't be a problem this time.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 10-02-2015 at 01:48 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Bummer how "not my entry" posts that would have otherwise been eligible are now non-eligible for the next guy, or at the very least tainted. Why not run with that one, POTE? It's a pretty sweet cover.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandas View Post
    Bummer how "not my entry" posts that would have otherwise been eligible are now non-eligible for the next guy, or at the very least tainted. Why not run with that one, POTE? It's a pretty sweet cover.
    I don't see any problem with someone taking a "not my entry" selection for their own, FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Just my opinion, but would YOU want to make that your enrty, after being beaten to the punch? Again, there's no rule about it, but if someone were to say "here's some of my favorite skelly covers" and posted 5-10 skeleton covers, most of us would avoid using one of those and dig deeper.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Just my opinion, but would YOU want to make that your enrty, after being beaten to the punch? Again, there's no rule about it, but if someone were to say "here's some of my favorite skelly covers" and posted 5-10 skeleton covers, most of us would avoid using one of those and dig deeper.
    If it was a cool cover, I would at least think about it. Having said that, however, I would have no problem with a ruling against "not my entry" posts.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    again already submitted by another contestant (Fanboy Stranger) several posts back. Check to see if the cover you are considering has already been submitted folks. No duplicates allowed.

-M

...Okay, look, I don't participate to every cover installment to begin with: sometimes, I'm just not interested in the themes proposed, so I just watch from afar. This time I am though, and I was just sharing something I noticed. Both covers looked similar to me, I wanted to point that out, that's all. Litteraly. I wasn't trying to taint anything or block anyone, plotting against the next poster or whatnot. This contest is supposed to be a fun moment where people can (re)discover great pieces of art, or am I mistaken? That's why I posted this, and when others did it on previous contests, that's how I perceived it as well. I don't think they were trying to make covers non-eligible by tainting them for the next poster...Don't worry, I won't do it again. In fact, there. Done. I erased said cover. The competition is safe, isn't that fantastic?
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    ...Okay, look, I don't participate to every cover installment to begin with: sometimes, I'm just not interested in the themes proposed, so I just watch from afar. This time I am though, and I was just sharing something I noticed. Both covers looked similar to me, I wanted to point that out, that's all. Litteraly. I wasn't trying to taint anything or block anyone, plotting against the next poster or whatnot. This contest is supposed to be a fun moment where people can (re)discover great pieces of art, or am I mistaken? That's why I posted this, and when others did it on previous contests, that's how I perceived it as well. I don't think they were trying to make covers non-eligible by tainting them for the next poster...Don't worry, I won't do it again. In fact, there. Done. I erased said cover. The competition is safe, isn't that fantastic?
    I wasn't suggesting any intent on your part, just noting the effect. And I didn't mean it as an over the shoulder snip towards you, but rather hoped the powers-that-be around here would note it as a suggestion for a new rule. Sorry you took things so strongly; no need to remove the post. What's done is done and again, this is just 1 guy's opinion.

I posted a cover in a similar fashion to your post a few months ago and later felt it was a breach of ettiquette. While I don't recall if anybody called me on it, I haven't repeated what I feel was an error. IMHO, such posts are best saved for the end of the contest so no toes are stepped on. It IS a contest with voting, no dupes, rules, etc... There are other threads, and the possibility to create new threads, for favorite covers & nostalgic artwork, what have you.

I wasn't suggesting any intent on your part, just noting the effect. And I didn't mean it as an over the shoulder snip towards you, but rather hoped the powers-that-be around here would note it as a suggestion for a new rule. Sorry you took things so strongly; no need to remove the post. What's done is done and again, this is just 1 guy's opinion.

I posted a cover in a similar fashion to your post a few months ago and later felt it was a breach of ettiquette. While I don't recall if anybody called me on it, I haven't repeated what I feel was an error. IMHO, such posts are best saved for the end of the contest so no toes are stepped on. It IS a contest with voting, no dupes, rules, etc... There are other threads, and the possibility to create new threads, for favorite covers & nostalgic artwork, what have you.

I agree with Ozymandas. You should only post YOUR ACTUAL ENTRY. Not a knock on POTE because he's not the first person to do this. I , personally, would stay away from any cover image posted whether it was an entry or not.

and in tying with my theme (not trying to be narcissistic), a swipe:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    It might be a good compromise to post non-contest covers after the contest wraps. What's the harm in waiting a few days?