Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Hello to all my fans!

This is DangerWoman talking.

I am a real life singing superheroine from Lilburn, Georgia.

I am cute, lovable and very heroic.

If you want to ask me questions, post here or email me at dangerwoman35@gmail.com and I will personally respond to your questions and comments.

Until we meet on the net, GAME ON!

DANGER WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
    Hey CBR!

Not much to say about myself...I'm 18-years-old, really into old horror movies and comics! I mostly trade-wait for stuff since I always tend to buy too many issues whenever I'm at the LCBS. But I'm a really big fan of the Angel & Buffy comics, Batman, the Walking Dead (the only comic I buy by the issue) , Lucifer, and Hellblazer.

I'm also a HUGE fan of the TV show Millenium, as anyone who has seen the show can tell. For anyone who hasn't seen it and likes horror/supernatural crime dramas, I suggest giving it a try! It's awesome! And it's a sister-show to the X-Files, which is another awesome show that I just finished recently.

I don't really go to forums that much, but a friend recommended this place to me. What are some good sub-forums to check out based on my interests? Appreciate the assistance and look forward to chatting with you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerWoman View Post
    Hello to all my fans!

This is DangerWoman talking.

I am a real life singing superheroine from Lilburn, Georgia.

I am cute, lovable and very heroic.

If you want to ask me questions, post here or email me at dangerwoman35@gmail.com and I will personally respond to your questions and comments.

Until we meet on the net, GAME ON!

DANGER WOMAN
    Welcome to CBR!

All-New Member

Hello Fellow Heroes,

I'm new to CBR and I wanted to introduce myself. I've been reading/collecting comics since I was 7 years old and I think there is no better form of story telling. I'm a Superman fan and I'm engaged to a Wonder Woman fan, so we as a couple love following that relationship. We both work in the film industry and have worked on films you have most likely seen, (Pitch Perfect, Fantastic 4, & Twilight) and many you haven't (Pig Ridge Massacre anyone?). She is an incredibly talented makeup artist and I am an actor/director/writer/filmmaker. We are both painters (she's much better) and hope to one day write a comic together.

Recently we decided we wanted to combine our love for comics and video production by launching our own website to release videos we make together that are comic themed. I won't plug the site just yet, as that is not the goal of this post, but one day I hope to share it (when it's ready).

I've been a reader of forums in the past but never much of a poster. In an effort to be more involved with an extended community, I decide to join this and other forums. I look forward to meeting many of you and having awesome comic/film conversations.

So with all that said, if anyone has any advice on where to start on this forum, I'd appreciate the info, otherwise, I'm just diving in.

Lastly, I'm writing an article that involves religion (specifically Judeo/Christian) and comics. Mostly I'm looking for times when mainstream comic book characters said lines that sound as if they were from the Bible. If anyone knows of any of these types lines, please share!

Thanks in Advance!
    RCL

andy6795

Hey, CBR Community. I'm 19 year old guy. I read mainly Marvel comics and a few Image comics. My favorites writers are Johnathan Hickman and Jeff Lemire. I love going to comic book conventions, but have never been able to travel far from home to go to ones far off. Really excited to be apart of a community were I can discuss comic books.

Professional Beach Hunk Andy_117's Avatar

Hey, there!

Comics, right? Comics comics comics comics! I read and (aspire to) write most any kind of comic that exists. I try, perhaps in vain, to keep my collection eclectic and varied, with an expanding collection of trade paperbacks and hardcovers that span a multitude of genres, styles and eras. I consider myself a man of many tastes, though, if you put a gun to my head, I'd probably say I'm more Marvel than DC, my favourite superhero is Batman (go figure), my favourite sound effect is "thwip!", and my creative inspirations include Gail Simone, Eric Powell, Ryan North, Pendelton Ward, John K, Matt Groening, Mike Mignola, and Jeff Smith.

I believe quite heavily that comics are for everyone and I tend to lean towards works that are (so-called) "politically correct," though I also tend to gravitate towards utter perversity (EC Comics are my jam, yo). I also like videogames and films a bittoo much, and... well, I seem to have made it my life's goal to surround myself with overpriced branded tat - mostly Lego, but also a bevy of licensed character figures and plushies. I have hobbies outside of being a neeeeeeerd but they're honestly not that interesting, comparatively.

At the end of the day, I just hope we can all be friends and have fun talkin' 'bout all this worthless geek junk together cos god knows no-one else will put up with this nonsense

buckacomic

Red face What's the Deal! I'm Kendra of Buck-A-Comic!

Greetings! My name is Kendra Henry from Atlanta, Georgia. I've amassed a huge comic book collection since I was a child (who am I kidding? Right out of college is when it started). Now, getting older and looking to buy other things, I've started a little business selling my entire collection at a dollar an issue. Always interested in buying more to recycle the fun. Looking to meet and talk to folks about just about anything related to comic books and ESPECIALLY movies. All sorts of movies. Not just Marvel Cinematic Universe. Let me be the first to kick off the smack talk and say 'We shall See' how the DC Cinematic Universe plays out.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-10-2015 at 09:34 AM. Reason: No selling on the CBR forums

jweure

Hey, my name is Josh and I'm a long time fan of the site. This is my first post though, so I'm a newbie. I am a thrash-metal vocalist and fiction writer and a Web Content Editor for WebAssign. I studied under internationally renowned novelists Wilton Barnhart, Jill McCorkle and sci-fi legend John Kessel. I recieved my MFA in 2010. My stories have won the Dell Award and the Brenda L. Smart Prize and reached the finalist list in Glimmer Train’s Short Story Award for New Writers. I also won Sundress Publications’ Best of the Net Award for 2010 and have appeared in Oxford American, Surreal South, Southern Cultures, Raleigh Review and Not One of Us, among others.

As far as comics, I have read Marvel my entire life and a fair amount of Image. And always Batman. I love anything Sean Gordon Murphy draws or Brian K. Vaughn writes. I know that's not original.

I am currently working on a graphic novel for Under Belly Comics. They're running a Kickstarter to fund it, which you can check out here if you're interested.

Jiro.jpg

"Kid Shinobi" is a genre-bending east-meets-west time-travel fantasy set in ancient Japan and the early 90s American South.

In this novel, a young boy is possessed by the soul of an ancient shinobi; struggling with poverty and the pressures of middle school, an abusive foster mother and the imposing designs of spiritual powers at war, he is forced to confront the value of blood and kin, of survival and growing up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...inobi-volume-1

Pledges run from $2 to $500 dollars, with rewards ranging from a "Thank You" tweet to the team creating a character with your name and likeness.

Check it out, if you like, and pledge to pre-order a copy.

Thanks and I hope to hear from many of you.

Hi everybody!

I'm a 27 years old Italian guy living in Belgium (long story for another time ).
    I've been reading comics since I was basically able to read, starting off with Marvel and Disney stuff and then expanding my interests into basically every type of comics out there, from other American comics to a lot of European ones (hey, they are easier to find this side of the pond!).
    It has been a couple of years since I slowly stopped reading Marvel and DC's stuff, to focus a bit more on creator-owned series, but you know how it is with first loves, so I'm always happy to go back and enjoy some superhero action .
    I hope to find a good place to talk about comics in general here and I hope you'll be a bit patient with me and my not always amazing writing skills

Quote Originally Posted by yojimbo View Post
    I hope to find a good place to talk about comics in general here and I hope you'll be a bit patient with me and my not always amazing writing skills
    Your writing skills so far surpass a few people on here for whom English is their first language. And your username and avatar show you have good taste in comics!

BANNED

Hi! I started out being a strictly Marvel guy back in the 70s (though I loved and still love the first two Superman movies). My favorites were Tomb of Dracula, the Byrne/Claremont X-Men, "Bride of Ultron" era Avengers, Warlock (and the unbeatable Thanos/Avengers Annual/M2in1 saga), plus short lived stuff like Iron Fist/Power Man. I'd listen to the old Judas Priest, Scorpions, Who, Blackmore's Rainbow while I read those comics. I was total not DC for some reason. Then I put comics away for decades.

A few months ago I saw Man of Steel and fell in love with both the movie and soundtrack, which led me to the Dark Knight trilogy (Rises is my favorite). I got into All Star Superman, Court of Owls...mostly Superman though (really into Unchained with the masterful Jim Lee)! Now I listen to Richard Wagner, Beethoven, Penderecki, and Hans Zimmer while reading

Anyway it's great to be here and GREAT to be back into the comic world, especially my bizarrely delayed entry into the world of DC comics!!!
    Last edited by Götterdämmerung; 11-10-2015 at 07:04 AM.

T3hscott

Hey guys just thought i'd introduce myself, i'm Scott 27 from the UK - just started reading comics again, never really been heavily into them but thats slowly changing

Currently i'm reading the new 52 from DC - started with The Flash thanks to the CW TV show

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by T3hscott View Post
    Hey guys just thought i'd introduce myself, i'm Scott 27 from the UK - just started reading comics again, never really been heavily into them but thats slowly changing

Currently i'm reading the new 52 from DC - started with The Flash thanks to the CW TV show
    The new 52 is how I'm starting back! Great reading and hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Your writing skills so far surpass a few people on here for whom English is their first language. And your username and avatar show you have good taste in comics!
    Thanks for both your statements

Glad to find some other Usagi's fans.

Hello, my name is Michael. I am from Indiana, United States. I started reading Amazing Spider Man about 10 years ago. Since then, I have started reading different comics, though I still enjoy reading Marvel the most. I currently have about 4,000 comic books (I got a deal on Craigslist.) I recently started a 'Comic of the Month Club' to downsize my collection. I know what I like but am hoping to learn from other users so my business appeals to more people.

Hi all...

I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. I have been working in Korea for 6 years teaching English.
    Last edited by MWiccan; 11-20-2015 at 07:13 PM.