Page 33 of 92 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    Valor

Hello everyone,
    My name is Brayden. I like comics and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Valor View Post
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Brayden. I like comics and girls.
    Hi, Brayden. I would recommend you stay away from girls; they have cooties.

PCosmic123

Hello, I had to re-register with the site. My name is Tony and I live near Orlando, Florida. Had to RE-register for this site. Happy to be a part of it again.

I'm fairly new here ... actually I am very new here - I signed up last week! I've been "lurking" for a few months now and have found this forum and this site to be such a wealth of helpful information. I am coming back to collecting in the last half a year after about a ten year hiatus. Around the time that I moved and sold most of the things I had at the time (my comic book collection included), I fell out of the hobby. But how did it start? One hot summer in the late '80s during my very early years!

My uncle had thrown out some random items and on the top was a stack of comic books. I picked up one of them casually and brought it home to read. It was torn, beat up and in generally poor condition but the story had me hooked and it was that one book, that first one that was the catalyst for years and years of fun and adventure for me! What was the book? It was West Coast Avengers Annual # 2. I always kept that book, it had my name on the inside cover because my Mother always had me write my name inside my books so I wouldnt' lose them. Anyway, it brought me back to my early years so it always remained with my first collections.

This past weekend, though, I found it at another shop and brought it home with me yet again! It was fun to re-read the story after all these years. Nostalgia aside, that's just one cool story! I will have to look for the follow-up for it mentioned at the end; I never thought to pick that one up too.

So Collection v.2, what do I collect? I am sticking with Marvel as I used to for the most part. I've picked up a bunch of back issues and I'm trying to catch up on Marvel Now stuff, AvsX and the events since Civil War (I'll make a list in the 1000 books this year thread). Aside from that, at the recommendation of this forum I just bought the first 3 issues of Wytches (image). I'm also filling in holes and re-purchasing books and series that I used to own as well, lots of 1990s image, early/mid-90s Amazing Spiderman, X-Men, etc. Nothing particularly valuable, per se, but its what I remember having lots of fun reading!

I'm also sticking with issues instead of TPBs. I enjoy the hunt, filling in the holes and the building of the collection..

Anway, that is enough for now! If there's anything else I should type please feel free to ask

Ah the old "forum search" function that manages to find every thread but the one you are looking for.
    Tried searching for a thread like this last week and got zero results.

Anyhow, boring parts go here:

Name: John Sorensen.
    Born in New Zealand, live in Australia, write a blog about Batman, like lifting weights, martial arts, writing, meditation and other stuff, all the geek cliches: Cartoons, Comics, Animation, Toys, Manga, Superheroes etc etc.

Like: Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Transformers, cinema, video games, history of the comics/comic-book medium, cinema history etc.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-11-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Welcome to the forum guys and gals!

Spectacular Member

Hi everyone. I'm from Comicvine, I go by the name, saiyan_earthling. Nice to meet you everybody.

Hi everybody. My name is Brian. I’m 35 and live in Pittsburgh. My love of comics is growing into an obsession and I don't think it's going to stop anytime soon. I’m a huge fan of Image comics. It's definitely not the only comics I read but most of it is from Image. They are making some great stuff.

Some of my favorite comics are Saga, Trees, Wytches, Deadly Class, Low, Outcast, Roche Limit and anything by Jeff Lemier, Scott Snyder or Kirkman.

I've also been into into photography for as far back as I can remember. I like just about any kind of art. For the past year or so I’ve been teaching myself how to use pen and ink with watercolor because of Jeff Lemier’s work.

I don’t have a lot of friends who like comics so I really don’t have a lot of people to talk to about them. I found this forum hoping to find some people that are into the same stuff as me.

Hodmimir

Hey, I'm Luke. Not a huge comic book collector but I want to be, so I figured I would join the community looking for advice but also looking to start collecting. When I was younger, I bought comics from all different sources and story lines just because I liked the series, but not I think I want to start collecting a little more seriously (DC only). I don't know if there is a buying selling forum on here but I am really only interested in collecting the Hellblazer series 1-300. If you guys have any advice feel free to PM me or something along those lines but otherwise, hi!

Welcome everyone!
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

marvellad85

hello hello new member here my names luke i'm from the uk,my favorite comics i enjoy to read are x-men ,avengers,captain America,fantastic four

Welcome Luke!

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

What's up guys? My name's Micah and love me some comics. From the wonderful state of Kentucky and enjoy a lot of the Hickman books at the moment.

BANNED

My name is Jen. I'm 33, I'm a writer, although I'm not really interested in doing that for a profession. I used to be in the US Army, but I got a medical discharge. I live in Okinawa Japan, and I'm currently working on a PHD in education. I'm not that big on putting a lot of time into posting, and I'm not looking for friends. I just like discussing comics. I have no tolerance for being insulted for having a different opinion, and I'm not an idiot so don't question my intelligence because you disagree with me. I don't understand why every chat room, or message board resorts to trollish nonsense when people disagree with each other. It's already almost happened once on here, and it's kind of pissing me off. It seems that society in general can't really handle the "public speaking" aspect to social media. LOL real cheery introduction I know, but like I said I'm not here to make friends. I'm not a bitch though, and if anyone does want to friend me that's cool just call me Pym, lol being called by your real name on social media sites is creepy in my opinion. I encourage debate, just keep it respectful and on topic. "I'm not locked up in here with you, you're locked up in here with me..." lol

All-New Member

Hi! my name is Bruno, I'm 27, From Italy. I'm Writer and Film Director. I nearly exclusively read Dc comics. I love Batman universe (comics,movie,games)