Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1370

Hello! I'm 18 and new-ish to the world of comics (been reading since 2014). I got into comics after seeing the first GotG movie and one of high school teachers actually let me borrow some of his 90s Guardians comics. I'm a big fan of the late 80s-early 2000s era of comics although I do keep up with current books as well. I'm a fan of pretty much anything X-Men but especially Uncanny X-Men (and especially Claremont era), the Bat-family (especially Cass Cain! I was really excited to see how big the Cass appreciation thread is on here), the Teen Titans particularly New Teen Titans era, and the GLs (mainly Kyle Rayner). I'm in college and I'm a biochemistry major. I don't really know anyone who is into comics the way I am so I really wanted to meet some other comic book fans because even though I'm pretty new and don't know that much yet (compared to most people on this site at least) I really love comics as a genre/medium.

Welcome aboard.

Hello i like comics and videogames

this is a picture of me you're gonna have a great time im gonna have a great time we're all gonna have a great time

KenDBM

Default New Here.

So how is everyone. Name is Ken.
    Want to check out the community.
    About me by day I am a video/film editor (mostly documentaries)
    Recently my friend Amy and I published our first comic book via Amazon. Hoping to get feed back from people who like me love comics.

All-New Member

My name is Eric and I am a Filmmaker with 20 years of Industry experience. Please check out my short film... https://youtu.be/kO2YtW0EeqY

Born in Manhattan, NY AKA NYC. Lived in New Jersey, California, and currently in Las Vegas, NV. What more can I really tell you?

Well,Im obviously new here...
    Been reading comics since the glory days of Thunderbolts and Ultimate Spiderman,discovered 2000AD soon after.These days,I came back to DC after Rebirth,I was into Valiant for a while but events and variant covers and I lost any will for it.Currently waiting for Mage #1.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

My real name is Jason.
    I do have a YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook page if you want the links You can PM me.
    I've been active for YouTube this year with videos showing my drawings, movie reviews, etc plus I decided to use live streaming reaction videos for after Titans games this season.

A terrific name because I did find out only name can be spelled with 5 months of the year.
    Look at each letter June, August, September, November. Also it has a cool meaning, and 1 of the easiest names to pronunce so astronomical it would be mispronounced.

I've been reading super hero comic books before I was a teenager , I also read mystery PI or detective books, mystery, Fantasy or Horror books, true crime books, killer animals, creature feature, other fiction
    books, etc.
    Also I watch and see movies horror 1 of my favorite movie genres, Action Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Comedy.
    Plus tv shows mostly entertainment cartoons including most Scooby doo cartoons, original Ducktales,Animaniacs, JLA and JLU , sitcoms , horror, Science Fiction, action adventure, etc.
    I'm a diehard Supernatural fan and it astounds me the amount seasons and episodes.
    Also play video games, arcade games, also I'm a drawer, and watch the MLS I'm a Chicago Fire fan, Chicago Cubs fan and watch other mlb games, Knicks and Bulls fan olus watching NBA, Watch NFL games and Titans fan, watch NHL games also a Avalanche and Blackhawks fan.
    Vols fan for Mens College Basketball, Baseball, and Football plus watch all those sports.

Dogs are my favorite animal with Huskies as my favorite kind because of their indomitable spirit, astounding fast speed, huge amount of stamina, also their thick fur is why they can survive in Siberia and other coldest areas.
    Add in their howl which can be heard 10 miles away, and it's a impressive dog with piercing eyes and appearence no doubt because they resemble a Wolf.

Currently I'm going to University of Nebraska Omaha my major Creative Writing and minor Criminal Justice. The Hockey team similar to Kansas mens basketball team is usually good or great.
    My career goal is to create a Publisher company that publishes my super hero comic books of the Universe I created. I know the name but if used I can easily find other names.
    Also writing 2 movie series both Action Fantasy Supernatural Horror genre, a Private Detective or Private Investigator book series set in a real world US City which was mainly inspired by the Excellent PI book series freakin Elvis Cole that how fitting Elvis because like Elvis Presley he is viewed as the best for Private Investigator book series.

I have been a comic fan since 1961. I like to say since "Chuck" Xavier had hair Early favorites were the Hulk/Astonishing Tales. Got hooked on mostly marvels, Iron Man, Fantastic Four. Collected all thru my high school years and even while serving in the Marines. Kept reading all thru college
    and even got my kids interested in the books. Then something terrible occurred at Marvel and I grew disappointed in them. Still am. Love anything Marvel up to about 2001. After that nope. Got into Longbow Hunter, usually prefer the characters like Batman, Captain America, Daredevil. Like some of the animated stuff and really liked the Netflix Daredevil series, season 1. Loved the Tim Burton Batman run. Don't care for the recent stuff
    Last edited by NohWonn; 08-22-2017 at 07:49 PM.

avenell

Default Hello there

I've been a comics fan since 1974 when I asked for a copy of 'Cracker' (old UK 'funny' comic) and was misheard and given a copy of Dracula Lives instead.It wasn't superheroes, but it was my first Marvel comic. I also got into Marvel comics via the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons, which I loved. I did read some DC but Stan had brainwashed me into being a loyal Marvelite - also I didn't like their stuff as much. I stopped collecting in the 90s, well, lots of people did. I started again a few years back, but my heart is really in those Marvels from 1963 to about '85.

I wanted to be a Marvel artist, and though it never happened, i am a professional artist now, and if I may, here's a link to my website and a couple of pieces from it:

www.danavenell.com

Nice to meet you.

Nice work.

Spike-X is right, that looks awesome.

All-New Member

Hello everyone
    My name is Colleen and I'm an artist who is hoping to write and draw comics, pulp fiction and graphic novels. I am trained in Studio Art and some Graphic Design, but am also picking up Illustration from a variety of sources such as through courses and books.

Feel free to follow me on Instagram: www.instagram.com/ctemple80

Cheers!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avenell View Post
    I've been a comics fan since 1974 when I asked for a copy of 'Cracker' (old UK 'funny' comic) and was misheard and given a copy of Dracula Lives instead.It wasn't superheroes, but it was my first Marvel comic. I also got into Marvel comics via the old Hanna-Barbera cartoons, which I loved. I did read some DC but Stan had brainwashed me into being a loyal Marvelite - also I didn't like their stuff as much. I stopped collecting in the 90s, well, lots of people did. I started again a few years back, but my heart is really in those Marvels from 1963 to about '85.

I wanted to be a Marvel artist, and though it never happened, i am a professional artist now, and if I may, here's a link to my website and a couple of pieces from it:

www.danavenell.com

Nice to meet you.
    Excellent pictures and I recall The Looney Tunes having the same picture high sitting on the metal thing.

hey Im new here, but not new to CBR. I had an account a while ago, I think it got deleted but whatever I'm back. Big into DC comics, I was big into IDW, but I've recently dropped them since the disgusting comments about 9/11 from their top writer. But that's here nor there.

Hi!

We're four geeks that grew up in a small town in Texas and got back together to start a website & Youtube channel called Total Geek Live.

We like to read comic books, whether it's Marvel, DC, Image, IDW or even lesser known indie publishers such as Overground Comics or Alterna Comics.

We hope to get some good suggestions and ideas from this forum, but we hope to offer valuable input / information as well.

Cheers!