Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello,

I am 32 years old. Male. I live in Indiana.

My first comic book was Mighty Mutanimals #1. I followed that up with Bucky O'Hare, searching through the old bookstore bins for Green Lantern/Green Arrow, eventually becoming a Marvel zombie. Now, I follow the Perennial 18 as I call them. The 18 continuously (more or less) published comics series between 1930s-1960s. Those titles are included in my signature as my pull list. I also leave room for a single event comic for both DC and Marvel. Currently, that means New 52 Futures End and Original Sin. I also collect Walking Dead and Invincible in hardcover.

I am a computer scientist/philosopher and work for a major computer organization I am sure you all have heard of. I have been gaming since I was 5 years old. I attend GenCon annually with my family and am beginning to plan a tradition of C2E2 in the near future.

My online comic forum career began on the Newsarama forums - a trial by fire. I was known as Alex DeLarge back then. I was banned several times. Eventually I came here to retire and be a nice guy.

My favorite comic book character is the Hulk and my favorite comic artist is Jimmy Cheung - hence my avatar that marries both concepts. My favorite writer at the moment is both Robert Kirkman and Rick Remender for their ability to be bold. Nothing worse than a milquetoast run on a comic. My pet peeves are artists who cannot make deadlines, and writers who have no versatility or are afraid to commit to change. Also, continuity errors. I cannot stand continuity errors.

I follow recent comic history, mostly the big 2 and the major characters. I follow sales numbers religiously. I am against renumbering and relaunching of titles only because it ruins the lineage of the series. Sales bumps can be achieved just as well without them. A new creative team or story-line can accomplish a sales bump just as effectively.

I advocated for Marvel to publish their major titles more often instead of releasing mini-series that are tangentially related and sell much worse. They apparently listened because Marvel now sometimes does twice month publishing - the dreaded "double-shipping", but I love it because it keeps periphery titles low.
    Last edited by randomengine; 05-01-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg