Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1370
    All-New Member

Hello, my name is Erick (obvious). I love comics, and I really appreciate this. I'm a writer trying to break into the medium, so artist that would like to collaborate, shoot me a message. I also love movies and love to give recommendations.

Inspiration list:
    -Warren Ellis
    -Grant Morrison
    -Ed Brubaker
    -Jeff Parker
    (to name a few)

Anywho, looking forward to all this. Thank you for taking the time to glance at my post.
    Last edited by Erick5; 12-06-2017 at 12:49 PM.

All-New Member

Hello everyone, I am new in the forums. Glad to be here.

Mouse

Ello, govna

I'm Amanda! I work in the entertainment industry, but I'm mostly focusing on my contracts in Asia as a fashion model (there is a time limit to that, after all). I love to write and I love to make lists. Especially random ones.

My registration to this community has been a long time coming—I'm just glad this username wasn't taken!

All-New Member

Hello all, DC fan here. Hope to pass great times here.

Hello all! We (Jess and Wayne) are very excited to join this forum

Hi, Chris here from Melbourne, Australia, hope everyone is well.

I've been a fan of comics on and off since I was a kid; was always a Marvel kid, though I do respect DC a great deal (but concede that many of their characters and stories just aren't for me, and that's fine). Having said that, I love Preacher, Watchmen and V For Vendetta...and as a precocious teen liked Kesel and Grummett's 'Superboy'.

I'm a fan of heavy metal music, video games, puroresu (Japanese professional wrestling), certain anime/manga and a swathe of films, books and TV shows...but nothing intrigues me more than comics right now, especially as I'm afforded the ability to really search out what I like and add to my collection. I read a fair bit online, and if I like the series, I'll but the physical edition as a trade paperback.

I'm fond of events like Civil War, Civil War II, Infinity, Fear Itself, Annihilation Conquest, Age of Ultron, Original Sin and House of M, as well as contained collected editions like Planet Hulk, X-Cutioner's Song, Maximum Carnage, Welcome Back, Frank and two of my faves - War of Kings and Realm of Kings.

Non-Marvel stuff I like is mainly Image and Top Cow, namely The Walking Dead, Postal, Thief of Thieves and The Tithe.

Great to be a part of this community. Cheers guys!

What's up guys freeks the name, pains my game. I'll probably be stopping by the Star Wars section sometime soon, I just was looking for the introduction thread so you all know who I am. I follow a lot of manga and the walking Dead.
    Hopefully y'all can turn me on to some good american comic books, I'm hip to my roots but I've never got a chance to read them. Also I am quite familiar with Forum rules.
    On a somber note I have a broken arm and I am texting with a microphone.
    Last edited by freek; 11-30-2017 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Grammar

Hello everyone from this community,I'm male and is a huge fan of marvel and dc,I have watch tv series,movies and read some comic of Marvel and DC.
    I have kazenshuu and my name is Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Commander Wort; 12-02-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Wort View Post
    Hello everyone from this community,I'm male and is a huge fan of marvel and dc,I have watch tv series,movies and read some comic of Marvel and DC.
    I have kazenshuu and my name is Spider-Man.
    Wait......Seriously............Spider-Man My Friend from Kazenshuu Thread..........WOW, Welcome, Great to Have you Here on my Home Forum!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

All-New Member

Greetins. I am The Fantastic Alice Fox and I was looking for a larger forum to discuss comics besides Gallifrey Base.

I am a long term Doctor Who Fan and it trumps all other things as it's the greatest and longest lastin show ever made and has been there for me since the 80s. I don't like endings so it is natural that I would be a Doctor Who and a comics fan. And I also enjoy Doctor Who comics.

My other great love is the Bat Family in all it's wonder. Growing up he was the only hero who seemed reachable to me. I always believed that I, a Jewish Lesbian, could one day somehow be Batman.

And then in 2006-2011 a Jewish Lesbian became Batman. Well, Batwoman but her taking over Detective comics was huge. I have a big thing about seeing people like me in comics and get excited when I see a real effort made to diversify and make heroes I can really relate to. Batwoman is my hero.

As a Jewish Lesbian she is my favorite Badass.

As someone who is on the autism spectrum and sometimes feels very asexual I am a huge fan of Cassandra Cain.(And I like Strix too!)

As someone who just started walking again after 3 years in a wheelchair I love Gail Simone's Batgirl and Cameron and Babs' lighter but still respectful work afterwards. I finally finished the first Simone Batgirl trade and since I just got my prosthetic brace and have been walking I can't think of a more perfect time to discover it. I am also reading Cassandra Cain's run as well as old Birds of Prey.

As someone who has no super powers I am still a huge Batman fan.

I also really enjoy Lumberjanes, Motor Crush, and am almost as ravenous a Runaways fan as I am of Batwoman.

I currently own every single Batwoman trade except the cancelled wedding run and also have her detective comics team series(about to read 2 and 3) as well as Night of the Monster Men.

I have the first 7 Runaways hardcovers and love the new series thus far. I have to say though I feel Marvel is not as much of a trendsetter as they used to be and 'Legacy' feels like they are trying to ride Rebirth's coattails. I hope that changes because the universe is a lot of fun and X-23 has become a great character.

Also Ms. Marvel is bloody amazing. I am super excited about her and America Chavez being on a superhero team with Spider Gwen soon!

But right now I just feel DC is much more interesting going forward, especially for me as a handicapped Lesbian Jew.

I also really enjoy Archie Comics. My favourite character will always be Jughead.

And Anything to come from Marguerite Bennet or Paulina Ganecheu is dipped in gold! Paulina is the only artist I actively follow as not only is her work beautiful but she is selective about her gigs and I have yet to see her work on something that is not also beautifully written. Another Castle and Zodiac Starforce are brilliant empowering and amazing books and.... they are beautiful.

That's a whole lot about me. Hope to have fun here!

Spazpop

Howdy folks! I'm SPAZ and I'm new to this forum! I'm a total music geek and have been since I plopped out of my mom's womb some 54 years ago. However, every few decades, I get pulled back into the comic world. Comic collectors are very similar to music collectors in regards to passion and dedication. I love that about anyone that has the collector's gene!

Anyway, I'm not well-versed in the modern comic landscape but I do love me some horror dating back to all the cool pre-code stuff right up to the late '70s and early '80s. Lately, though, I've been buying some TPBs of some of the '70s stuff I used to read: Werewolf by night, Tomb of Dracula, The Demon, Monster Of Frankenstein, I Vampire, etc. Going to expanded into some of the TPBs that feature the original early books with Spidey, FF, Hulk and a few others. My main focus, though, will be the rather expensive EC books like Tales From The Crypt, Vault of Horror, etc.

Oh, and I also like Archie comics from the '40s up through the '80s!

I own NO original issues... mostly TPBs. I intend to continue that trend because it is cheaper and easier overall. But damn, every time I walk into a comic shop, I spend so much time going through the single issue books that I'm afraid I'll be drawn back into it! I suppose that's not so bad!

I do need help locating something.. if any of you are into the horror mags of the '70s? Things like Eerie, Creepy, etc... Problem is, I don't know the name of the mag! It was the first horror comic that turned my world around (much like The Jam did musically in '77)... All I remember is that it was black & white and made up of several stories and the last story had it's final panels on the back cover of the magazine (no ads). That back cover depicted a man sinking into a grave up to his neck and then the tombstone falling and crushing his skull! The comic must have been from '74 to '75?

I know that this title I just wrote about dates back quite a bit... but if someone can remember the names of some of those horror magazines like Eerie, Creepy and Vampirella, that'd be great!

I hope you all had a good Christmas! Happy new Year!

All-New Member

Default hello everyone

hello everyone I am new to this forum so what is the hot topic today?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasjack View Post
    hello everyone I am new to this forum so what is the hot topic today?
    Ororo Munroe aka Storm of the X-men!

Default New guy here

Hey, what's up. I've been into comics for a while but ever since I watched Avengers in the theatre for the first time.
    I aspire to probably make my own comics one day.
    My favorite comic book writer is Grant Morrison.

I would love to make friends with you all.

All-New Member

Hay, their!

My name is Gernot (pronounced "GRR-note), and I've been a superhero fan for roughly 50 years, thanks to The Adventures of Superman, Batman, and 1960's Saturday morning cartoons.

I've got my own Superman-based Facebook page and was a member of this community a few years back, and have now returned. I usually only purchase TPBs of older comics, being a huge fan of Showcases, Essentials, and Chronicles.

Unfortunately, I also suffer from MS and it's taken me forever to type THIS little message, so I'm gonna sign off for now.

Oh, here's the link to my FB Superman fan page.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1275...?ref=bookmarks