Page 65 of 92 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    nxnla

Hey, I'm Nick. My introduction into the comics world happened when I discovered Heavy Metal magazine at a tobacco shop in Jersey. These mags were right next to the "Adults Only" swinging partition into the back of the shop where the other magazines were. I would stand near the door, flipping through an issue of Heavy Metal, and peek through the gaps in the door into the adult section. Once I looked closer at the Heavy Metal issue, I realized how amazing the artwork was, and how diverse the subjects were inside. I began paying more attention to Heavy Metal.

So, my favorite comics tend to follow along with the fantasy/sci-fi material, or on the other end of the spectrum, realistic every day subject matter and crime/thriller. To give you an idea of what I enjoy reading, here are some of my favorites: Sin City, Hard Boiled, Black Hole, From Hell, Mouse Guard, GI Joe, Safe Area Gorazde, American Splendor, Redwall, Maus, Tell Me Dark, Walking Dead, The Suicide Forest, We3 and of course anything Moebius and Jodorowsky.

Finally, back after a decade hiatus. Uh...been busy making comics.
    And buying the few that actually seem to hold my interest. Oddly enough, mostly indy books.
    Seven to Eternity, Tokyo Ghost, Moonshine, Fatale, etc...

Well, probably this is a good time to reintroduce myself Editor for Komic Brew, a tiny independent publisher based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Just as we started getting some momentum about our publications in 2015, I got hired as creative director in the biggest 2D animation studio in the Balkans,
    Lynx Animation Studios. Working on a 2D feature animation now, you can see the teaser here: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-f...xy-142790.html
    Rebooting Komic Brew in 2017 with a graphic novel. We love to loose money I guess
    Komic Brew - Your freshly brewed comics
    http://www.komicbrew.com
    https://www.facebook.com/komicbrew

Hello! My name is Matt, I'm 22 and have been reading comics for a couple years now. I have read hundreds of Amazing Spider-Man comics and some of the big Batman graphic novels (Dark Knight Returns, Killing Joke, Red Hood, etc.)

I also run a YouTube channel called Next Gen Comics! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtT...XPxwDovVyMhh8g
    I'll be the first to admit, it's not a huge channel and I'm not sure what direction I want to go with it. But hey? Gotta start somewhere, right?

I look forward to posting on here. It seems like a wonderful forum.

My name is Steve. I am 40 years old from upstate NY. I got into horror novels and movies at an early age (11). Shortly after that I began writing. My first attempts were mimicking what I had read/seen, but after a while I developed my own voice. Then I expaned and started writing in different formats: novels, short stories, poems, songs, screenplays, stagee plays, and so on. I have been studying a martial art since 1995. (For the record, it's called Wing Chun Kung Fu.)

In late 2010, I started writing what would become my magnum opus: a gigantic, include-everything-as-well-as-the-kitchen-sink comic book called REDemption, which is currently being drawn. It took me about a year and a half to write. It is to zombie/post-apocalyptic fiction what KILL BILL was to kung fu movies: I took everything I love about the genre and put it in one story. I like to think that I emerged with a story that has familiar elements but is also in my own unique voice, instead of being just a rip-off. Then again, you never know what the reading audience will think.

I look forward to participating in the forums!

I've been posting here a few weeks, but just now noticed this thread. So hello! I'm 35 and just started reading comics again this past year after a good 20 year hiatus. Haha. I started sort of slowly picking up TPB collections of old favorites from the 80's and 90's (TMNT, Fantastic Four, X-Men) and started dipping my toe into classics that I'd never gotten around to (Killing Joke, Long Halloween, Watchmen) and before you know it I turned into a Every Wednesday I'm At The Local Shop guy.

I have been reading a lot of new series to kind of get a good sampling of stuff to see what I do and don't like this year. I'd say I'm pretty heavily into Marvel, with a little bit of DC and plenty of Ninja Turtles. Though I've crossed over into 'collecting,' I'm making a solid effort to only buy comics that I want to read, and I've been working on putting together a blog where I try to jot down my initial thoughts after finishing an issue or book to kind of keep track of what I'm reading and what I'm liking or not.

All-New Member

Hello, My name is Jonathon. I am 22 years old, from ohio. I didn't read comic books as a kid, but I remember watching x-men evolution and Justice League United. As i got older Teen Titans (the original series) started on CN. I always thought it was cool, but just never got into the comic books. In 2011 was when I finally started to read comic books, which is when new 52 started and I started reading a few titles here and there. But I have more money and a better job with better hours so I can actually purchase and read regularly.

I've tried Marvel.. Can't do it.. sorry. I love DC though and I currently buy all of there publications and read them except Action Comics and Cycborg. Just couldn't really get into them. So i will buy the tpb when they come out. Young Animal publications are on my pull list. Invader Zim (childhood memories). I started Motor crush, seems good. A couple other titles I can't remember.

I would love to read older comics as well, especially Teen Titans.

I'm glad to have found a forum for comic books! I get lost in older stuff.

Hi everyone! I'm 26 and just recently got into reading comics that aren't Archie Comics. I've watched many tv series though of Marvel, DC & X-Men etc. I'm currently reading Astonishing X-Men Vol 4 and what I read so far is epic.

It was only 2 days ago that I watched Civil War on Netflix and I'm team Cap

Hey there. I'm new to this community & I'd just like to take this time to introduce myself. My name is Genoveve Simmons. I live in the UK and I love to write my own stories, songs and poems. I'm currently working on a project based on DC Comics' Katana with a couple of talented artists. It would be great if you were to check me out on these sites:

DeviantArt: http://genosis15.deviantart.com/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MissGOSimmons
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/genosis15/

Hi.

I'm new.

Darkstarapollo

Big Fan of Aliens vs Predator comics along with other DarkHorse comics. I am a web administrator over at a website called www.globalavp.info . Which is a resource for work created by the fandom and news on Alien, Predator and AvP content. Check us out if you might be interested in that kind of stuff. Other than that, thanks for having me here

Hi guys, I'm Dave. I'm a 30 year old east coast Canadian. Lifelong lover of all things comics from newspaper comic strips to Ed Brubaker/Sean Phillips crime stories.

So yeah. Hi.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Salutations everyone. I'm Chris. I got started with superheroes with the Hulk and Spider-man 90's cartoons and since 2012 have read comic books starting with Superior Spider-man. My favorite characters are She-Hulk, Spider-man, Nightwing, Hulk, Captain America, etc, etc. I mostly buy from the big two with the occasional saga purchase

Hello everyone.

My name is Jessica, and i'm not that interesting. Lol. I went to school for media and design, my hobby is photography. I am a big gamer, and most enjoy survival horror, rpgs, and mmorpgs. MY first comic book experience was Dare Devil (mid-90s version.) After that I read everything, books, comics, graphic novels, manga, etc. I have a black belt in Taekwondo, and my favorite food is spaghetti and meatballs.