Page 1 of 92 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Introduce yourself to CBR!

In the wake of the fresh new start we've gotten, here's a thread in which posters, both old as well as new, can introduce yourselves. Tell a little bit about yourself, what comics you read, how you found out about CBR, your hobbies, favourite music/movies, what you do for a living, etc. etc. No set format in what you want to say about yourself, so you can be as long or as short about it as you wish. Oh, and if you had another user name before the reboot, maybe let us know who you were on the 'old' CBR.

I'll get things rolling:

I'm Mormel, 27 years old, from the Netherlands. I'm a lover of Marvel Comics, reading mainly back issues from the '70s and '80s, my favourite titles being Uncanny X-Men, Invincible Iron Man, and Amazing Spider-Man. In my spare time, I enjoy drawing, taking long walks outdoors (I tried it indoors, but that stopped being interesting fairly soon), reading both fiction and non-fiction, and listening to music. I have a casual interest in wildlife as well. I work as a cleaner at a small office building.

I learned about CBR in the mid-2000s when I would occasionally bump into the site while browsing the web for comic-book-related things in general, and in 2007 I decided to join. Before the reboot I also went by 'Mormel'.

That's pretty much it. Welcome (back) to CBR!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

I'm from the UK, I'm an actor, I nearly exclusively read Marvel. I got into comics by first seeing the X-men: the Animated Series cartoon and started casually reading my sister's X-comics. But the first comic I bought (and the one that made me a lifetime fan) was Thunderbolts #1 (in 1997). The fact Moonstone [Dr. Karla Soften, M.D.] is my favourite comic character of all time shouldn't be too surprising.

I'm 29, I live with my boyfriend, and our ADORABLE cat Oonagh (yeah, I'm one of "those" cat people; who's instagram is nearly exclusively of my cat). No fat, no-foam Starbucks lattes are my Achilles' heel. I love lists, I have a "Top 10" and "Top 100" greatest movies list. I went to university in America (go Cyclones!), and have lived in Ames, New York, London and Bristol.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-01-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

My name is Dylan. I am from California in a town 30mins from San Diego. I am 23 years old and a legal studies major. I am also currently working on 2 of my own comics, with a co-writer Jasper. We have some great ideas we hope to share with the world.

I joined these forums in 2011 June, it was almost comic-con and I was excited about the new stuff comic out from DC. I read comics as a kid and collected them. I started off with Superman from DC and Venom from Marvel. Then I started to love Poison Ivy. I also collected Ghost from Dark Horse, was a big fan. As I got older my collection died out and I fell out of the comic book world, still going to SDCC but not for the comics. At some point I just got back into them, and I never plan to leave.

Any questions? I am a open book!
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Last edited by dupont2005; 11-29-2016 at 01:26 AM.

Hi, my name is Claire, I'm 26, from France.
    Comicbooks are a hobby I caught up as a kid thanks to my older brother "Strange"'s collection: I was mostly fascinated by the art, more than the story themselves (I went through The Clone Saga eyes wide-open so yeah, I confess ). XTAS also helped me fall in love with the media !
    Today I mostly stick with the new Marvel Now!, and Valiant lines. No DC though.
    My favorites ?
    Well I enjoy Uncanny Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Black Widow, and also likes what Hickman is doing in his corner; X-O-Manowar and Unity are my main prizes at Valiant.
    Hobbies?
    I'm very, very into sport (I've been playing volley-ball since my 14th birthday), so in my spare time, it's volley, jogging, volley, gym, volley, swimming aaand...volley.
    Thankfully, my companion is a sportaholic himself, this is also why I never really had to slow down in this department!
    I also used to dance (argentinian tango, 3 years) but I dropped it almost completely when I started working, to my great shame - same thing in the reading department, I barely opened a book last year.
    I'm into Sci-Fi mostly, Orwell and Asimov being up there. <3
    I work for an energy firm here in Paris, as a junior engineer, I mostly do consulting for foreign divisions here.

I've been on CBR since AvX, before that I only used to lurk in the shadows.
    Given some subforums are totally gone, I might be roaming in unfamiliar territories for a while.
    See you on these forums !
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Hi, I'm [redacted] from [redacted] and I love the new CBR!

I used to go by the username Hulk_Is - which I think intimidated some people, but since the nuCBR reboot I've changed my username to the even more intimidating Marvel_Is (#1)! Yes, I like Marvel Comics (almost exclusively), but I'm no Marvel Zombie. Follow my story from a relatively healthy child to a full-blown Marvelite through stolen pictures from the interwebz and a heap of hyperbole!

The (evil) Marvel Publishing Corporation's aggression turned (corrupted) a young child into becoming a lifelong fan of comics.

I wanted to become a comic book writer and artist, but in my teens I wanted to become a Rock God!

But, my big ego kept me away from that fantasy and the only fantasies I had left existed for me in comics. Comics with superheroes.

I've decided I can't kick this habit I have for comics, so away to places like CBR I go. Came for the Rumbles, stayed for everything else.

CBR, I like what you've done to the place!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    My name is Dylan. I am from California in a town 30mins from San Diego. I am 23 years old and a legal studies major. I am also currently working on 2 of my own comics, with a co-writer Jasper. We have some great ideas we hope to share with the world.

I joined these forums in 2011 June, it was almost comic-con and I was excited about the new stuff comic out from DC. I read comics as a kid and collected them. I started off with Superman from DC and Venom from Marvel. Then I started to love Poison Ivy. I also collected Ghost from Dark Horse, was a big fan. As I got older my collection died out and I fell out of the comic book world, still going to SDCC but not for the comics. At some point I just got back into them, and I never plan to leave.

Any questions? I am a open book!
    Is the Ghost stuff from Dark Horse any good?

My real name is Milo, and I contribute to sites like The Founding Fields & All Comic where you can find my thoughts on latest comic reviews as a blogger. (TFF is more for Book Reviews though I do the occasional graphic novel coverage there as well). I'm based in the UK, watch too much TV and read too much comics, but the latter is pretty obvious.

I follow both DC and Marvel, as well as Image/Dark Horse etc, and my favourite current series at the moment are Saga, Star Wars: Legacy, Green Arrow, Sandman: Overture and Daredevil. TV wise, I'm a massive fan of Battlestar Galactica (2003), and Firefly, Buffy, Stargate Atlantis & Game of Thrones with all of them being my all-time favourite shows.

And yeah, I was around on the old forums under the same username for a bit.

My name is Patrick, I recently transferred from the Detroit suburbs to Sault Ste Marie MI, I work in Law Enforcement for the government, I'm 39 years old, married with 2 kids.

I've posted at Marvel before it shut down, some of us got tired of the mods there and created our own site called Miramar that lasted a few years, but we all split and went our separate ways, I took a break from sites like this until earlier this year, thought I would give it another chance. Not to upset about the reboot here as I have only been here about 4 months and had a total of 52 posts.

I'm an avid runner, love comic shows, Star Wars and of course my Detroit Lions

Hey guys. I originally joined CBR to chat with artists and fellow comic lovers. Used to try that on DeviantArt, but man its like a troll hive..

Im an artist and hope to someday release an indie graphic novel or two. Id also like to try to get more discussions going in the artist section of this forum.

Right now Im kindof in my Mike Mignola phase, as I 'discovered' him a few months back. Also recently finished Locke & Key, and working on the hardback archive of the old Creepy magazines.

Sup CBR?

I'm Doug, and I am a comics addict. I don't know that in going to get much help for that here though.

I loved me some comics as a kid, but a combination of parental disapproval, limited funds, and no easy access to a comic shop where I lived led to an extended hiatus - eventually it seemed like there was just too much to catch up on to jump back in, and I had other hobbies. Then my favorite games journalist started writing comics. Kieron Gillen's Phonogram was the first new comic I bought in ages, followed by Beta Ray Bill: Godhunter. Then came Journey Into Mystery and the hook was set deep. Regular visits to the comic shop led to spending way too much money on trades to catch up on everything I'd missed - Immortal Iron Fist, Hickman's Fantastic Four, Remender's UXF, etc

I gave the New 52 a try, I really did. None of what I tried really clicked for me, which was a shame, as young me who loved comics was super into Superman and Batman.

Marvel Now, though. That was a problem. An expensive, highly enjoyable problem. It was also the first time I ever set up a pull list.

And then there's Image. Holy ****, Image. I don't really like TWD or Invincible, or Kirkman in general, but if his massive success is what allows Image to take chances on stuff like Sex Criminals and Pretty Deadly and Three and Velvet I'm willing to crushingly accept other people liking them

Finally, a shout out to Strange Adventures of Halifax, Nova Scotia, the best comic shop on the world
    Last edited by Fearghaill; 05-01-2014 at 03:54 AM. Reason: fixing phone keyboard typos

BANNED

'Sup CBR. I am Jay. I am 21 years old. Born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. I'm a HUGE comic book fan. I read everything from Invincible to Green Arrow to X-Men to The Shadow. The first comic book that I ever picked up was Batgirl, back when Cassandra Cain took the mantle, became a comic book fan ever since. Other than that I have a girlfriend who is a big time Flash fangirl, I'm in school studying to be a music producer. I love writing. I try to keep an open mind when it comes to new ideas in the CB community. Look forward to meeting you all again lol.

Hello CBR, FrenchGemini here!

23-year-old in his last year of Engineering school (and hunting for an internship), living in Paris for now. First introduction to anything comic-related? Like a lot of people, I guess, Batman The Animated Series (still have some episodes handy, for when I feel nostalgic). Then I got into reading comics thanks to Grant Morrison's Batman, and devoured about anything for a while. These days though, I mostly stick to movies, animated or not (and Arrow. That series is freakin' awesome), the main exception being Mark Waid's run on Daredevil. Also some Anime and Manga (mainly Rurouni Kenshin, Saint Seiya and City Hunter)

Outside of comics, movies and my studies, one of my main interests is learning martial arts, and strengthening my body to become better at it. Otherwise, I like reading books about psychology, NLP, that kind of stuff.

You'll find me mainly around the Rumbles board, and occasionally the Batman board.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 05-01-2014 at 06:18 AM.

OzBat! here. or Sideswipe. or CraigHS. or whichever name I was using from any point in CBR's history you care to choose. Why? Because I am that damn old. I've been here longer than the mythical Fly on the Wall, that's how dang ancient I am. Kingdom Come Message Boards prehistoric, baby! My PC is soooo old, it still shows the original purple and orange speech bubbles in the background until a couple of hours after boot-up, and then it complains that we aren't using white text on a black background any more and shuts down.

It's too much work to move off my rocker to shout at the kids these days, so I mostly lurk. But I am still around.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    23-year-old in his last year of Engineering school (and hunting for an internship), living in Paris for now. First introduction to anything comic-related? Like a lot of people, I guess, Batman The Animated Series (still have some episodes handy, for when I feel nostalgic). Then I got into reading comics thanks to Grant Morrison's Batman, and devoured about anything for a while. These days though, I mostly stick to movies, animated or not (and Arrow. That series is freakin' awesome), the main exception being Mark Waid's run on Daredevil.
    If you want one little "nudge" to try one more Marvel series; Superior Foes of Spiderman recently did a 'homage' issue to "Almost Gott'em" from Batman: the Animated Series (where the villains sit around and talk about how they almost got Batman, or in this case Hercules). It was AWESOME! :smile: