Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Sup everyone, my name is Tomie and I've been into comics since the 90's. My first comic was Spawn/Batman back in the day. My favorite comics are anything X-men related. I game moderately, love reading about history and I love horror movies.

Greetings Comic Collectors! I just joined today and I'm looking forward to participating in a lot of intellectual discussion and debates for years to come. I'm a collector with a specific focus: art. I love graphics, dynamic visuals and I believe comics are a great source for modern cultural study. Check out my collection of amazing comic book covers, and let me know which covers are your personal favorites. I don't care if it's a terrible title with a great cover image, or if it's a cheesy commemorative silver embossed edition; if it moves me, I buy it. Thanks, and happy collecting! https://youtu.be/24cBbfDE5_Y

Hi! Since I haven't been around much I will introduce myself again. I'm Adam Wallenta aka ILLUS. I'm an illustrator, writer and emcee. I am the co-creator of the official Public Enemy comic book series and the creator of the HipHop and Comic Books panel that started at NYCC many years ago and now travels to cons all over. I do a lot of other things as well but the past 5 years I have been raising my sons so I haven't been as productive as I used to be. I am creating new books now and have some coming out soon.
    Adam Wallenta
    Illustrator/Writer

My new all-ages graphic novel I created with my 5-year-old son, "PUNK TACO" is available now.
    PUNK TACO is about a lovable alien taco that rocks out across the galaxy with his band of misfits, fighting evil and anyone in need.

PUNKTACO.com

PUNK TACO on AMAZON

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Hi, my name is Bob.

I wanna talk about comics, Star wars, and meet new people. Nice to meet you all.

All-New Member

Hi all! Jeita from Sydney, been into comics since spawn back in the day, and am hoping to come across some awesome new books on this cool community! Cheers

Telehus

Hi everyone, my name is Nikita, and I'm from Russia (that's why I may have a lot of mistakes in my letter, sorry ). I'm studying in the university for psychology and social sciences. However, I'm not so fluent in comics, but I read them a lot. My favourite comics are: Marvel comics(like Moon knight, x-men, and many other series). Also I love comics written by Brian Le O'Melly, Archie comics(Jughead - <3) and Li'l depressed boy. Of course, a read a lot of other comics(there are so many of them :d)

And I would like to find a person, with which I can share my experience in comics and also practice my English(I'm so bad in this). And of course I can tell you about Russian comics, which become better every day. Other themes also incuded

What else can I tell you about myself? I am also interesting in cartoons, serias and of course in SCIENCE(I know, it may sounds a little bit silly and naive)

So I would be glad to talk with someone, who are also interested in these fields. You can find me here, or in the Skype :3
    Last edited by Telehus; 02-18-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Incredible Member

New to this version of CBR; though not in the past. My name is Blanks. I use to post in the past, but when the site got revamped, I simply never re-registered. I'm an indy Comic Artist, who is interested in self publishing my own ideas and connecting with other like minded creators and such. I live in the Ol, US of A, in North Carolina.

All-New Member

Name: Matt
    Where I'm From: Denver, Colorado
    How I Got Into Comics: When I was a kid, my mom would go to our downtown in the place I grew up to get her hair done and right next door was a comic book shop. As she was getting beautiful, I would wander around the comic book shop. Eventually, I started buying. It was glorious 80's Incredible Hulk, Punisher, and Wolverine.
    Current comics I'm reading: Clean room, Nightwing, Superman, Detective Comics, Jupiter Legacy (if it ever comes out)

BANNED

I'll be watching Logan tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Superman853 View Post
    Name: Matt
    Where I'm From: Denver, Colorado
    How I Got Into Comics: When I was a kid, my mom would go to our downtown in the place I grew up to get her hair done and right next door was a comic book shop. As she was getting beautiful, I would wander around the comic book shop. Eventually, I started buying. It was glorious 80's Incredible Hulk, Punisher, and Wolverine.
    Current comics I'm reading: Clean room, Nightwing, Superman, Detective Comics, Jupiter Legacy (if it ever comes out)
    Welcome, Matt!

Hahahahaha that one never gets old!

lizzbert

Name: lizzbert
    Where I'm from: Pacific Northwest
    How I got into comics: I started reading Archie as soon as I could read, then on a family trip when I was a teenager I discovered the X-Men! We had an awesome comic shop in town and I dedicated the next 10 years to buying as many back issues as I could find.
    Current comics I'm reading: All-New X-Men, Revival (RIP), Velvet, Stray Bullets, Kill or Be Killed, Daredevil, Jughead/Archie/Betty & Veronica/Reggie, Lazarus.

I've worked in the comic industry off and on over the past decade, now I'm working with GeekCraft Expo, a handmade geeky craft fair in Durham, NC; Madison, WI; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; and soon--Brooklyn, NY (any tri-state crafters?? now can apply by March 24).

Oh, I also like Star Trek and am currently reading my way through John Byrne's excellent Star Trek comics.
    Last edited by lizzbert; 03-09-2017 at 09:52 AM.

All-New Member

Hi all, I'm Jim, based in London and coming back to comics after not reading many over the last few years. I've resubscribed to Marvel Unlimited and subscribed to Archie Unlimited recently and have just hit Marylebone and Paddington libraries to check out a few DC/Image books. Main hobbies include book blogging, theatre and cinema. All-time favourite series include classic X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, Fables and Runaways. (Although I just devoured a bunch of Squirrel Girl over the weekend and she's catching up FAST.)

Kendo1

Hello all , my name is Kenny , originally from Glasgow , Scotland now living in a small village in Spain . I`m 57 , married , three daughters , 2 dogs , 3 cats . I have been collecting comics since 1975 , mainly Marvel , my first comic was the british Savage Sword of Conan weekly and it all started from there . I like the Don McGregor / P. Craig Russell Killraven series , Paul Gulacy Master of Kung Fu , John Byrne Iron Fist , amazing spiderman , I have a large collection . I don`t buy many new comics , I was into the Guardians of the Galaxy , I liked the 1990`s series by Jim Valentino which unfortunately became another victim of Marvel`s cancellations , I had my first and only letter to Marvel published in issue 42 of that series . The Guardians is the only issue I buy now , I keep an account in City Centre Comics in Glasgow and pick them up every time I return ! I like running , reading, I am a massive of Michael Moorcock and comic art . I still buy back issues from the 60`s and 70`s if the ones on my list become available ( and affordable !!!! )

Clarky75

Hi All,

I am Craig from Melbourne Australia. I am 41 years old. New to comics, read when I was a kid, but nothing since. I always thought of reading comics but never got around to it, now I am making the time. My friend lent me The Fix, The Vision and Kill or be Killed which I am really enjoying, the bug has bitten me. I loved Spiderman when I was a kid, looking forward to getting into some of the Marvel and DC stuff but no idea where to start as yet. I hope to learn a lot from this forum

Hello CBR, OldManMagneto here.

I'm a twenty something college student studying psychology and sociology at Kent State. First introduction to anything comic related was probably X-Men: The Animated Series followed by Justice League. As for actual comics, I didn't start reading any until the DC New 52. I saw it as a good start point for me to enter the comic world. I probably like the new 52 than most since I didn't have previous experience with the world DC built. I started reading a few Marvel series then too. Today I read a mixture of DC and Marvel almost creator owned books. Highly anticipated the new X-books and loving most of what's happening with DC. Besides comics, I'm a hug hockey and indie/emo fan.