Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Welcome back, Rev. Colonel.

Hey I'm Harper. 21 year old from Houston (though I'm in London for the next couple of months). About to graduate from undergrad and then its onto funemployment!

Anyways, the first comics I really started reading were The Walking Dead and DMZ when I was around 12 or 13 but I always read only in trades and never kept up with it. Then Iron Man came out in 2008 and I got back into comics (still sticking only to trades though and I had no clue where my LCS was then). Then in '09 I finally hit up Bedrock City Comics (best comics shop in Houston) and I was hooked good and well and have been reading consistently ever since.

I primarily read Image stuff though I pick up a few titles from Marvel and one or two from DC. My favorite books coming out now are probably Sex Criminals, Lazarus, Daredevil, Batman, American Vampire, and Stray Bullets.

So yeah, that's me.

Guess it's time I introduced myself, too.

My name is Robin, and I'll be 20 next month. I'm currently an on and off university student, and I'm working towards a writing career and a pharmacy job on the side in the future.

I got into comics last year, and it's been a very rewarding experience, since. Growing up on superhero shows and movies, I'm a bit surprised that it took me this long to do it. Then again, comics have slowly been becoming a lot more welcoming and easier to get into for people like me. From what I've seen so far, you all seem like wonderful people, and I'm glad to be taking a part in this new community. I look forward to getting to know everyone, and I'm interested in seeing what comes of this new direction for the CBR forum.

I'm a die hard Daredevil fan who loves comics

Well I may as well do this now, or I may never do it.

Comic-book wise I've read the X-titles, Spider-Man (long ago), Transformers (long ago), Empowered, and that's more or less the list. I've collected TPBs of various X-titles starting around 2000.

If you're wondering about the username... I've tried the Marvel Star Wars title in the past and it didn't grow on me like I'd hoped. I do love the movies with a passion though, all six of them. I also consider myself a Trekkie.

In real life I'm an engineering planner working with the US Department of Defense on various facility/infrastructure planning efforts spanning the East Asia ("Far East") region. I'm also an officer in the US Air Force reserve.

Part of what drew me here is the artist/writer forum. I've experienced some of the highest of highs and lowest of low points while I was an active duty military member, and feel like it's my duty to share that with others. Perhaps when I gather the thoughts and a decent strategy to convey them, I'll get started. Additionally if there's anyone out there even remotely interested in becoming a military officer, please feel free to message me.

If you're still wondering about the username... I feel like my real life character resembles Wedge Antilles. I do good behind the scenes, out of the spotlight, manage a clean/smooth path while usually getting approximately zero credit.

So... consider me introduced.

Astonishing Member

Hi all.
    I think i have never introduced myself in CBR before.
    I am from Portugal,and posting from there.
    I have been a CBR member since 2008 and have been a comic book reader ever since i was a kid.
    Usually i gravitate around Spider-Man comics because generally speaking they have been awesome all this time,and ever since a few years ago i re-started Reading current Spidey comics.
    But i like quite other comics as well (New Avengers,Thor,Swamp Thing,Uncanny Avengers...)
    I choosen my nickname because the Jaws movie is one of my favorites.

Hi, my name is Ned. Actually Ned is a nickname, but my real name is unpronounceable so i'll stick to Ned. I live in Norway. I'm 19 years old and I am at the finishing stage of my first year of college (just one more week! Yaaaay! Summer Vacay!!!!) I started reading DC and Marvel about two years ago and I have caught up with a lot of Dc and Marvel classics from that point up until now. At the price of unfortunately not reading any comics from any other companies I like to read Spidey, Batman and my favorite absolute favorites are the X-books though I am not fond of the writers currently in charge of the X-books (besides Peter David of course). My nickname comes from the fact that I love Tim Drake, not the way he is right now in the new 52 but the way he was before the pre-Flashpoint.
    Last edited by Tim Drake; 05-06-2014 at 09:03 AM.

I am 52, married for close to 24 years, have two adult kids, 18 and 21, and read comics in the silver age up to mid 70's. I started reading comics again in 2001 when I wandered into a comic shop looking for reference material to restart my drawing and sketching hobby. I picked up a Crossgen comic and got hooked again.

I started to post on message Boards at Crossgen in 2001 as "Winslow"

I went to Broken Frontier in 2003 or so, as well as started to post here in 2003 (also as "Winslow")

I migrated to CBR as a forum home in 2005 or so. Posted a lot from 2005 - 2008. A little bit from 2009-2012. Not so much from 2012-2014.

Currently reading trades or an occasional omnibus I pick up on a whim from Amazon. Last comic I read was Carl Bark's Duck Tales Volume 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I'm a die hard Daredevil fan who loves comics
    Hmm I never would have guessed. ;D

The Immortal Watch Dog, you guys can call me IWD if you like. Any way I was a member here ages ago, was lost and have returned. To those of you who are still around who know me, it's good to be back guys

to the new guys, howdy folks!!

BANNED

My First post here in the NEW CBR.

Damn can't believe I'm still archiving all of my topics and stuff from the old CBR as well as several other threads.

Reading all the wonderful old threads in CBR back to 2005 makes me feel like I'm in the last decade again. Too bad it seems that I will never see them again. Especially when I'm having a rough or dull day and need something to cheer me up or give myself a daily dose of nostalgia and classic. Now I don't know what to look back to anymore. If only we could invent a time machine or had another full mirror site to archive ALL of the old threads and posts of CBR. ;_;

Anyways, I am a person whose name was formerly something that at least a few of the people in this thread are familiar with. The only decent thing about going into new CBR is giving myself a new badass name.

So that said, what up, my bros?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    My First post here in the NEW CBR.

Damn can't believe I'm still archiving all of my topics and stuff from the old CBR as well as several other threads.

Reading all the wonderful old threads in CBR back to 2005 makes me feel like I'm in the last decade again. Too bad it seems that I will never see them again. Especially when I'm having a rough or dull day and need something to cheer me up or give myself a daily dose of nostalgia and classic. Now I don't know what to look back to anymore. If only we could invent a time machine or had another full mirror site to archive ALL of the old threads and posts of CBR. ;_;

Anyways, I am a person whose name was formerly something that at least a few of the people in this thread are familiar with. The only decent thing about going into new CBR is giving myself a new badass name.

So that said, what up, my bros?
    hello there, we can archive our old stuff? I should do mine..

welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
    hello there, we can archive our old stuff? I should do mine..

welcome back
    You have 'til midnight of Tue, May 13* to retrieve old posts, PM's, etc. from http://oldforums.comicbookresources.com/

You will need to use your old username and login, if you have since changed it to access that site.

*It's possible that you have until midnight of Wed. May 14. But what the hell...Let's be conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by thespianphryne View Post
    You have 'til midnight of Tue, May 13* to retrieve old posts, PM's, etc. from http://oldforums.comicbookresources.com/

You will need to use your old username and login, if you have since changed it to access that site.

*It's possible that you have until midnight of Wed. May 14. But what the hell...Let's be conservative.
    thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
    thank you very much
    PS: this might be useful, too
    Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    You should be be able to use this tool to automatically download the whole thread relatively quickly.

http://www.httrack.com/

Just specify the URL of the thread's first page in "Web addresses" and you should be set to go. It will take some time, but will be far faster than saving each page/post manually. And you can do something more rewarding during that time!

The result of the download is a set of HTML/CSS/JS/JPG/etc. files that you can browse locally on your computer.