Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Damn I just came back from seeing Spiderman 2. Pretty kickass movie. I was just imagining to myself from a rumbles perspective, what if Tobey McGuire spiderman showed up? What would everyone's reaction be like?

Anyways... only until May 13? Come on, why do they have to delete all the old posts of CBR for good? Those were among the greatest memories of not just any VERSUS site, but of any FORUM in my internet history. And now I have to slave away trying to archive all the good stuff. ;_;

Damn it, why must you make us all suffer??

Hello! I guess this is as good a place as any for my first post!

I was recommended to come here by a friend. It goes without saying that I'm here because I love comics. Some of my favourites are Sandman, Saga, Preacher, Lobo. I'm also a huge supporter of independant comic book publishers/writers/illustrators, and I can regularly be found at all the London comic cons hanging about with these guys.

I've also recently decided to try and start writing comics, along with a very talented artist friend of mine, so watch this space!

I've used this a few times before, and it was always on my profile, so bugger it, I'll thrown it in again, because I'm kinda oddly proud of it...

Hello! Here we have, a humble hardened headliner, cast both as hunted and heel by the harassments of happenstance. This hooded head, a herald of humility, is a hint of the human heart, now hollow, hidden. However, this holy hero of a historic hassle stands heartened, and has honoured to hew these horrible and hideous hellions holding heresy and housing the highly hurtful and hearty harbingers of happiness’s harm.
    The desired harvest is hatred; a hazzard most hostile, without harmony, in the honesty and hope that one day shall hold high the heedful and the heavenly. Honestly, this hodge-podge of histrionics happens most heavy, so let me simply add that it is the height of honour to meet you all, and you may call me Hod.

Quote Originally Posted by Hod View Post
    I've used this a few times before, and it was always on my profile, so bugger it, I'll thrown it in again, because I'm kinda oddly proud of it...

Hello! Here we have, a humble hardened headliner, cast both as hunted and heel by the harassments of happenstance. This hooded head, a herald of humility, is a hint of the human heart, now hollow, hidden. However, this holy hero of a historic hassle stands heartened, and has honoured to hew these horrible and hideous hellions holding heresy and housing the highly hurtful and hearty harbingers of happiness’s harm.
    The desired harvest is hatred; a hazzard most hostile, without harmony, in the honesty and hope that one day shall hold high the heedful and the heavenly. Honestly, this hodge-podge of histrionics happens most heavy, so let me simply add that it is the height of honour to meet you all, and you may call me Hod.
    'Od?? Do you spell that with an aitch?

Nicely done, btw. I love that part in V For Vendetta.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

All-New Member El Screaming Bandito's Avatar

My name is Pete. I'm 37 years old and I live in Massachusetts. I grew up reading the old EC Comics reprints of Tales From the Crypt, Weird Science, Weird Fantasy, etc. I got into Spawn a little bit too. I just stumbled upon this website yesterday. I have never read too much Marvel or DC because I never knew where to start. None of my friends read comics when I was a kid, or now, so I never had anyone to offer any suggestions. That is what I'm hoping to get from joining this website. There are too many dang Marvel and DC comics on the rack for me to know where to begin. I also like listening to heavy metal music. I was a land surveyor for years, but I am currently studying to get licensed as a drinking water treatment facility operator.

I'm 23 and from Berlin, Germany.
    I got into comics because of my father, who is a huge fan of Franco-Belgian comics and Carl Barks. As long as I can remember I've read all types of comics (from Asterix to Spirou & Fantasio, Marsupilami, The adventures of Tintin) and always loved cartoons and animated movies.
    My dad is also a Star Wars and LOTR fan and now he sometimes hates how much of a nerd I became even though it was his fault basically.
    Of course I also loved Anime & Manga for a long time (started with Sailor Moon, Pokémon, Digimon etc.) and I was engrossed in the otaku and Japanese streetfashion lifestyle for over a decade.
    Even though I still love wearing Lolita fashion (but now the more mature edition) and still find Japanese popculture fascinating, I am now all into Marvel comics. I didn't jump on the bandwagon when the Avengers movie came out (I loved movies, but I was so out of touch with Western comics that I didn't care and the hype confused me), but my gateway drug was Deadpool. Someone posted comiccaps on tumblr and I got interested.
    At first I only watched movies and animated shows and game playthroughs, but when I'm obsessed with something I need to read all about it and find out about the origins. So I started to read all the Deadpool comics from the 90ies to now... Eh. It took two months of constant reading whenever I wasn't at work.
    After that I started reading other comics and fell in love with many more Marvel characters. I thought my obsession with Marvel comics might tone down, but it didn't. On the contrary. I don't know how I managed to read so many comics in such a short amount of time.
    I also like DC, but I don't know much about the characters and read only a few comics thus far.
    It's thanks to Marvel comics that I came back to my childhood dream of becoming an illustrator. I know it's not a realistic and easy job choice, but I've been growing up with comics and animations and it's just my thing. I'm not that good at other things.
    I was at an art school and had different jobs in all kinds of departments, but when I got to do fashion illustration I noticed that my boss was surprised at my good work. She told me that this is my thing and I should focus on that (I sucked at sewing and assisting).

Spectacular Member

Hello,

I’m Alex and have been a comic book fan since the late 80’s and started collecting comics in 1989 round about the time when the Tim Burton version of Batman was hitting cinemas and got totally hooked.

I am a father to three amazingly awesome kids who have all taken their dads comic book nerdiness :-)

Daughter wants to be a writer, older of the boy wants to be Iron Man and baby just wants to walk lol

Not only love comic books but also watch far too much TV and Movies also with most of it being Sci-Fi, Horror, Anime or Comic Book characters.

I have an addiction to Mr Edward Nygma which is apparent with the name and also site I run over on TheRiddleFactory.Com, I am a total yap and when not posting on my site I can also be found on Sidekickcast.Com writing about stuff that isn’t The Riddler.

Born, bread and still live in Scotland where I work in the IT department of a HUGE global company.

You have maybe see me about the interwebs as Muldwych (or maybe not).

I have mostly been a DC guy my whole life having only ever read a couple of comics from them late about 1990 and then not again until a few years ago although I have been reading DC since as mentioned 1989.

I now read about 80% of DC titles, all the X-Men titles and a few others like most the Avengers team ones, Iron Man, Spidey etc oh and a bunch of Image too.

I use the twitter in my signature as my personal one as well as for my site and feel free to add me as a pal on their, here or ask for my Facebook.

Also posted a few pics on the thread ‘POST A PIC OF YOURSELF!’ which can be seen HERE!

Oh and please check out my site

Take it easy

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    You know who I am.

Say my name.
    Ember McClane! Ember McClane!!

What? Wrong key?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

boredasfook

Hello CBR community

My name is Carlos I'm 24 years old. I started reading comics about 3 years ago my cousin got me into them. Big fan of Batman and Scott Snyder's run in Detective Comics was my first taste of awesome. Collected for a about a year in a half and got overwhelmed trying to keep up with a big list of comics and stopped. My biggest regret is not finishing that Detective Comic series missing 878-881, but one of these days I'll get them all. I just got back into comics about a month ago and I'm gonna keep my monthly list to about 3-5 comics DC/Marvel. I'm a big fan of video games have been for almost my whole life, but right now I'm in what you call a drought and have not been interested in anything for the past few months. Also a big fan of sports NFL, NBA, Soccer are some of my favorites. Not a movie buff, but I enjoy anything that peeks my interest. That is about it for me.
    Last edited by boredasfook; 05-20-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Fantastic Member

Greetings all.

I'm Jim, currently 43 at this time of writing. I got into comics around the mid 1980s. My brother's friend brought over The Marvel Super-Hero Role-Playing game and I just had to see who these heroes were that I didn't know. From cartoons of the 70's I knew several of the more popular super-heroes but the game is where I learned of the X-Men.

I come and go with reading comics. Always been a Marvel fan not much of a DC fan. The Walking Dead is the only non-'big two' title I get.

I'm a big time Dungeons & Dragons player although right now I play Pathfinder. I host gaming at my place every two weeks and travel across half of the U.S. just to play D&D. I'm also into local New England sports teams and engage in fantasy football and baseball. For real sports I just got into cross-country skiing this past winter because it's something I can do in my backyard and at the family house when the snow comes.

I draw and write for creative things. I have an art site on Deviantart going by the name DungeonmasterJim and I make - very slowly - a horror webcomic titled The Necropolis Chronicles. It's actually up to 6 full comic books long. I've drawn a couple stories for Grayhaven Comics so that's fairly cool. I also write as I mentioned. I used to write D&D gaming scenarios that were played across the western hemisphere including a 3 round (12 hours!) game that was featured at GenCon! Currently I'm working on prose and as I write this I am a finalist in a writing contest where my work will be reviewed by a professional editor and 4 people that are either literary agents or work with them. So that's fairly exciting.

I try to go to Dragon Con every year and one of the highlights is seeing people from this board and the Bendis Board in person at the lunch gathering.

I originally started at the Bendis Board and learned of a then fairly unknown writer by the name of Gail Simone who posted a lot there. From there I learned she had a forum here at CBR and that's how I came here. Unfortunately Gail's board back at the Bendis board has gotten kind of boring so I came back here where I still recognize a number of posters many who have become friends on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddle Factory View Post
    Hello,

I’m Alex and have been a comic book fan since the late 80’s and started collecting comics in 1989 round about the time when the Tim Burton version of Batman was hitting cinemas and got totally hooked.

I am a father to three amazingly awesome kids who have all taken their dads comic book nerdiness :-)

Daughter wants to be a writer, older of the boy wants to be Iron Man and baby just wants to walk lol
    I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful and fun family

It is so cute and cool that your children follow your interests and can all share the fun!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful and fun family

It is so cute and cool that your children follow your interests and can all share the fun!
    Thank you so much

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hey there, Riddle Factory! Cool family you have there!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Hey everyone. Just joined.
    I'm from Portugal, I'm 24. I love comics since a little kid. Actually the first thing I ever read for myself was a Spider-Man comic, that I still have today.
    My appreciation for comics grown more after when I started to watch the 90's animated series like Batman or X-Men. Even today the Batman one is still my favourite.
    I love DC, Marvel, Dark horse, Image and many different manga. Well anything that can entertain me. I kinda neglected comics these past 3 years, but I'm trying to catch up on what I missed out.
    I also love to draw, although I still need more practice...
    English is not my natural language, so I might give a few errors..

Spectacular Member

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by zii-minus View Post
    Hey everyone. Just joined.
    I'm from Portugal, I'm 24. I love comics since a little kid. Actually the first thing I ever read for myself was a Spider-Man comic, that I still have today.
    My appreciation for comics grown more after when I started to watch the 90's animated series like Batman or X-Men. Even today the Batman one is still my favourite.
    I love DC, Marvel, Dark horse, Image and many different manga. Well anything that can entertain me. I kinda neglected comics these past 3 years, but I'm trying to catch up on what I missed out.
    I also love to draw, although I still need more practice...
    English is not my natural language, so I might give a few errors..

Thank you kindly, i am very proud of them and just for the record will be having NO MORE as these three are enough work
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Hey there, Riddle Factory! Cool family you have there!