Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Lots to know, I suppose, but I'll keep it brief. Born in '88. Lived in the Carolinas my whole life. Been a fan of comics since I was kid--started with Batman and Spider-Man, worked my way outward. In a month I read mine, my dad's, and my brother's comics, leading to a variety.

I teach as a profession, and sometimes draw as a hobby, among other side projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_B View Post
    I have also met a bunch of posters from the Community forum, usually gathered around the bar that howyadoin has in his living room in Vancouver.
    That used to happen with alarming frequency in the old days. In the modern era, not so much. You visit last summer was the last one since your visit in 2011, featuring the World's Most Inappropriate High Five.

Incredible Member

Hi.

I'm Brian Adkins. 42. Been reading comic books off and on for quite a while. Yes,I'm one of the older fans who remember getting comics from the spinner racks in either the local grocery store or pharmacy in our very small town whenever my folks could afford it.

Loved watching any super-hero (or even non super-hero)cartoon that was on Saturday mornings like SUPER FRIENDS or SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS,etc.

First comic book I read monthly and came by mail was John Byrne's run on ALPHA FLIGHT. I filled out every box on the form hoping they'd send me a different book each month but they just sent me the first one on the list. Lol

Today,I don't read as much as I did in the 90's mainly due to finances but still enjoy them.

There's more but wanted to keep it short.

BANNED

Hey people, hope you're all having an awesome day today! I'm new here and looking forward to meeting new people on here.

Hi y'all! My name is Andi and I am from Phoenix, but home for me is Louisiana! I am married and I have 3 amazing kids! We are a military family and currently stationed in Va Beach. I just graduated with BS in Biology and plan to start nursing school in Sept. I just started reading comics about a month ago (on free comic book day to be exact) and I am just about finished with Ultimate Spiderman! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! My husband found the site while trying to help me find what to read next!

Hi, my name is Dale. I'm originally from the USA but I've been living and working in Ontario Canada for 5 years now. I'm single, no kids. I love comics, movies, books, sports. My favorite super hero is Captain America, but I love lots of different titles.

I'm hoping to fidn people to chat with here
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Hi everyone my name is Josh I am 32 years old and just lost my Comic a few days ago with some great advice from the members here. I am originally from Louisiana and live in Va Beach. Astonishing X-Men is what I am currently reading and the drunk cocky dude with claws that come out of his hands is my favorite character. Hope to see you all around
    My Journey Down The Comic Road
    Finished - Astonishing X-Men
    Currently Reading- The Amazing X-Men

Favorite superhero: Wolverine

Used to be a member here a long time ago.
    Went away and now have returned.
    Into comics, violent action & sci-fi movies, and the heaviest blackest metal.
    Used to have a lot of opinions.
    FOR THE HORDE!

Welcome to all you newbies! Don't be shy to show your face around the threads now, we don't bite. Hard.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alivy25 View Post
    Hi y'all! My name is Andi and I am from Phoenix, but home for me is Louisiana! I am married and I have 3 amazing kids! We are a military family and currently stationed in Va Beach. I just graduated with BS in Biology and plan to start nursing school in Sept. I just started reading comics about a month ago (on free comic book day to be exact) and I am just about finished with Ultimate Spiderman! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! My husband found the site while trying to help me find what to read next!
    Great to have another Spidey fan, and a woman, too! That's a lot of reading for a month. Since you're finishing up Ultimate Spidey, why not start on Amazing Spider-Man? It
    just restarted and is only 2 issues in, and it's coming off one of the best runs in Spider-Man's history.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Welcome to all you newbies! Don't be shy to show your face around the threads now, we don't bite. Hard.
    Speak for yourself...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Great to have another Spidey fan, and a woman, too! That's a lot of reading for a month. Since you're finishing up Ultimate Spidey, why not start on Amazing Spider-Man? It
    just restarted and is only 2 issues in, and it's coming off one of the best runs in Spider-Man's history.
    I plan on reading the Original Amazing Spidey next! I am looking forward to it!

What's up CBR? I'm Sarosh from the greater Los Angeles area. I'm 17 and currently in the last of high school. I'm a huge retro gamer and Futurama fan. I'm literally just getting into comics. I joined here hoping to get more knowledge about the hobby and get recommendations. Seriously, I was standing in the comic book store for 30 min not having any idea what to get. Lucky, the manager was a pretty cool dude and helped me out.

I'm not Ambassador Kenobi but welcome! I'm sure you'll find more than your fair share of fun on these forums.

So I think I am overdue to introduce myself here on the new forum.

I have been a user here since 2008, my user on the old forum was Beni. I actually posted a lot from 2008 to 2009, and stopped for a long time. But I guess I'm back now!

My favorite comics are the X-Men titles. I first started reading sometime after the third X-Men movie, because I read something online that intrigued me about Grant Morrison's New X-Men... how it changed the X-Men as traditionally known. So that was my starting point, and have read various X-Men books since then.

In other topics, I also love football/soccer, anime like Evangelion, and Nana. Only manga I have read is Nana. Also love music!