Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

I'm Dan, 26 years old and live in New Zealand. I've been on CBR for a few years, I lurked for a bit reading all about comics before jumping in. I mostly posted in the Omnibus/Collected Editions threads as that's how I read comics, I've only read two single issues in my life.

With the reboot I thought I'd give back to a great forum, so I now mod the Classic Comics & Collected Editions forum, come say hi.

I'm a big gamer, and love reading so I guess that's why comics appeal to me. I love long story lines and familiar characters.

Broken...and done... Blackblood's Avatar

Hello! I'm a new member 35 years old from Greece. I read and collect comics since I remember myself. Back in the 80s used to read the entire Marvel stuff as all the fanboys did that time period in my country.

Also the greek editions of ''Savage Sword of Conan'' and Superman comic books were some of my faves followed by the Superman and Conan movies of course.

From the time I watched the legendary Tim Burton's Batman movie I'm a devoted DC fan but that doesn't mean I ignore any good comic from other publishers.

Other interests of mine are pro-wrestling, anime, music and movies. My top 5 comic characters are 1.Batman 2.Bane 3.Lobo 4.Magog and 5.Superman.

Cheers Blackblood.
    ''Still they cry out for him...for their hero and savior...but he is broken...and GOTHAM IS MINE!!!'' - Bane

''Just you. And me. And Smith and Wesson.'' - Detective Harvey Bullock

Welcome Blackblood! I hope you find your time enjoyable and friendly here!

And welcome back NZ_InFerno!

Hey I'm Scott I'm 24 and live in Swindon UK I'm moving to Cornwall soon.
    I currently work as atechnIran in a bowling alley and I'm a huge metal head.
    I got into comics just over a year ago I started of reading journey into the mystery when Thor was introduced and the amazing spider man which then led me onto later Thor books and superior spider man, I then fell in love with trillium, the walking dead and aqua man I was eexpecting mtly second child so I sold my collection.
    I have started again however by getting up to date with batman eternal which os awesome. I started the new Elektra and daredevil which o don't like and the silver ssurfer which I give up I'm strickly dc at the moment just started batman new 52 and I'm reading through the nughtwing and forever evil books in time for Grayson#1 my favourite hero is green lantern but I do lice batman so if any one has any recommendations for a basicly new to comic boos guy I'd appreci

Quote Originally Posted by fatsofthundera View Post
    Hey I'm Scott I'm 24 and live in Swindon UK I'm moving to Cornwall soon.
    I currently work as atechnIran in a bowling alley and I'm a huge metal head.
    I got into comics just over a year ago I started of reading journey into the mystery when Thor was introduced and the amazing spider man which then led me onto later Thor books and superior spider man, I then fell in love with trillium, the walking dead and aqua man I was eexpecting mtly second child so I sold my collection.
    I have started again however by getting up to date with batman eternal which os awesome. I started the new Elektra and daredevil which o don't like and the silver ssurfer which I give up I'm strickly dc at the moment just started batman new 52 and I'm reading through the nughtwing and forever evil books in time for Grayson#1 my favourite hero is green lantern but I do lice batman so if any one has any recommendations for a basicly new to comic boos guy I'd appreci
    Since I'm in a welcoming mood, welcome! I hope you enjoy it here.

I don't share any common interest with you but I'm sure you will find many others who like the books you're interested in

Broken...and done... Blackblood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Welcome Blackblood! I hope you find your time enjoyable and friendly here!
    Thanks for the warm welcome Rei
    ''Still they cry out for him...for their hero and savior...but he is broken...and GOTHAM IS MINE!!!'' - Bane

''Just you. And me. And Smith and Wesson.'' - Detective Harvey Bullock

New to comics

Hello everyone I'm new to comics in general and to the site. Im very social so head over to my profile and add me Skype. Always like to meet new people.

I'm Travis and I run a YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NerdGasmReviews
    It deals with all things comics, movies, and t.v. I've got reviews of all kinds, top 10's and even Comics Clashes which pit 2 characters together. If you would like to check it out and have discussions there I will be happy to as well. So check it out and start the discussion!

Thanks

New to comics

Anybody wanna Skype call play some games either xbox or PC wouldn't mind playing some minecraft myself?

Pai Pai

Hello hello Everyyyyyone~!

The Luscious Pai Pai has arrived! First official post here!! Recommended by an a good friend to be here! So glad to be part of this community share and throw around our thoughts and all~

As far as myself goes:

-Casual gamer, I try my best at them all! I am professionally horrible at games like street fighter but I truly love them!
    -MMOs I tend to enjoy, RP communities and such just make things much more fun!
    -RPGs are always probably the top favorites!
    -Racing and sports, have never been my top tier of favorites, but I really like Mario Party! If that's a sport? *Bonks self*

Now, as far as comics go, I've unfortunately never really read an entire series. T_T I know I suck!

I grew up with the spiderman and Xmen 1990s! I loved every ounce of them and I even watched them over again on netflix! *Feels awesome!*

So I'm going to most obviously say, spiderman has to be my all-time favorite~ I'd be his black cat~ If I could! Mary Jane can't have spiderman! <3

I've grown up with a lot from the gaming communities, so I've heard all about Deadpool, Thor, Wolverine, Winter Soldier, and so many more! I might be more anime fan but all this is at the generally same level of love and adoration!!

I'm so glad to be part of everyone here!! Thank you!! I'll do my best~!

The Decadent Spendthrift Rinquinquin's Avatar

Hello everyone! I'm a 26-year-old newbie to the comic book world. Although I've known of a few comic book series since I was a wee little girl and even bought some (namely issues of Sonic the Hedgehog ), it took the DC animated universe to give me the boost to go and purchase what I consider my first superhero comic, an issue of Spider Man. Sadly I can't remember what the issue was and it has only been a year ago I believe. Anyway I hope to enjoy my time here and I hope to gather some more knowledge on the history of comics. I've browsed the website for a good couple of years and finally worked up the courage to sign up on here (I'm extremely shy).
    As iron sharpens iron,
    so one person sharpens another...
    Proverbs 27:17

Jim aka BenTheBat 26 years old, I have been reading comics for almost a year
    and still have yet to purchase a single comic. I have been borrowing trades off of
    a couple of friends but that is all going to change. In a couple of days I will be
    heading to the comic book store to open a file and dive head first into the world of
    Comic Book Collecting. Cheers!

I've been a member before (as Marvel94), but I was so inexperienced back then.

I was asking inane questions and not giving back, I was having no one answering my threads, I was just generally being uninteresting. But that was years ago. I have dreams still, just like I did back then. I have new dreams too. Initially, I was going to do only comics, but as time progressed, I became interested in animation, video games, and movies. I decided I wanted to make those too. Now, my dream is to create various dreams versions of preexisting franchises for TV animation (Marvel, DC Comics, Star Wars, Transformers, TMNT, G.I Joe etc.) and make reboots of comparatively lesser known franchises. I also plan to do re-launches of the Marvel and DC Universes and work for big companies all across the field of entertainment. I would work on existing properties and new ones if they come, whether the new ones come from me or not. I plan for this to happen next decade, then after that, something MUCH bigger will happen.

I will create my own big franchises and companies over the following years, and eventually marge the companies into the next great media conglomerate. I have an entire list of ideas for the franchises, but you must private message me and promise with your heart you wouldn't take any of them if you want to know any of them. I have been drawing and writing, and I am trying as best as I can to do it every day and get classes to improve. I took classes before, but my obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) led me out of them. Thankfully, a week ago, I started making an effort to become mature, independent, and fully capable of behaving and functioning like everyone else. That's something I always could do but never did, and I was indeed resisting my compulsions. For those who have my condition, I advise you to think about what you want to do in your life and embrace the anxiety and move on. If left unchecked, OCD could destroy your dreams and ruin your life. I know it and feel it firsthand.

I'm still a dreamer, but I am not aiming higher and giving more effort than ever. I dedicate this post to Jeff Brady, who answered my threads and gave me sound advice in the beginning. I hope we'll be friends here.

Anyone could be a hero. Zukahnaut's Avatar

Hi everyone. My name is Otty. I'm some Canadian guy who's loved comics forever. Now I make my own.

I've been aware of CBR for a while (and my comic was spotlighted a few months ago on Comics Should Be Good), but never felt the need to register for an account until tonight when I saw a nice long thread full of people gushing over Namor the Sub-Mariner. I was compelled to sign up and let them know that I thought they were all just really swell folks. Now I'm stuck with an account and I might as well use it to finally join in on some conversation! I usually like to read and talk about Daredevil, Sub-Mariner, Moon Knight, and Thor and the things that go on around them -- though I'm woefully behind on what all of those but MK have been up to most recently.

Hope to talk with you soon.
    ZUKAHNAUT is a comic. It's online, it's free, and I like it. You might too!

Hi. CoLA. I guess I need to introduce myself. All done.