Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Hi I'm Joe. I am from York in the north of England. Got into comics just as the new 52 reboot happened and have been reading and collecting ever since. I also enjoy football (Leeds united) and ice hockey (Sheffield Steelers and Arizona Coyotes). Video games, movies, electronic music and synthesisers are also some of my favourite interests/hobbies.

Looking forward to being part of the forum
    Last edited by jpwinn88; 07-19-2014 at 05:19 AM.

Well hi. I'm Thuro as it says. New to the forums by about twenty minutes, not so new to comics and such. I like comics but really love science fiction tv shows. Currently rewatching Firefly for about the tenth time. Really not a lot to say other than....still flying.

Looking forward to spending some time here.

I'm a bad artist most of the time but once in a while I'll make something worthwhile, and...there's other things I do.
    Last edited by Thuro Pendragon; 07-14-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpwinn88 View Post
    Hi I'm Joe. I am from York in the north of England. Got into comics just as the new 52 reboot happened and have been reading and collecting ever since. I also enjoy football (Leeds united) and ice hockey (Sheffield Steelers and Arizona Coyotes). I also play in goal for a Civil Service football club on a Saturday. Video games, movies, electronic music and synthesisers are also some of my favourite interests/hobbies.

Looking forward to being part of the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    Well hi. I'm Thuro as it says. New to the forums by about twenty minutes, not so new to comics and such. I like comics but really love science fiction tv shows. Currently rewatching Firefly for about the tenth time. Really not a lot to say other than....still flying.

Looking forward to spending some time here.

I'm a bad artist most of the time but once in a while I'll make something worthwhile, and...there's other things I do.
    Welcome both of you, and enjoy!

Halls of Hulk Twin Titan jaxthejester's Avatar

Greeting folks. The name's Jax the Jester.
    Huge fan of comic debate, comedy, and all things Hulk.
    Some of y'all may remember me from the old Marvel.com forums.
    Hello to old friends and new alike!

- Jax
    "Never Jest with a Jester"
    Former poster at Marvel.com.
    Founding member and Twin Titan of the Halls of Hulk.
    Come visit old Marvel.com posting buddies at "Mickeys Tavern"- the new home for the Halls of Hulk.
    To find us, Google: Mickeys Tavern Comics or follow the links in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxthejester View Post
    Greeting folks. The name's Jax the Jester.
    Huge fan of comic debate, comedy, and all things Hulk.
    Some of y'all may remember me from the old Marvel.com forums.
    Hello to old friends and new alike!

- Jax
    Welcome Jax! I hope you enjoy your time here!

BjornGrimm

Hello all i just officially re-entered the comics scene again due to my addiction rearing its ugly head upon entering a pawn shop and seeing a ton of my favorite old 90s comics for sale cheap i.e Gen 13, Savage Dragon, etc. I was able to withstand temptation for a month but then i made the mistake of joining a few groups on FB, i figured id been "clean" for a few years so i could have just a taste....wrong choice. Seeing the amazing books people would post pics of and hearing of some of the storylines that ive missed made the "itch" maddening so i went back to that pawnshop and bought a few books...again, only a few because i figured i could handle it.
    On that note id just like to say "Hello, my name is Rusty.....and.....im an addict.

Nlghtwlng

Hi, my name is Joăo, and I'm from Portugal! I always enjoyed comic related stuff but in my country it was always hard to find comics and the ones that I found were extremelly expensive. But recently I have been reading a lot of comics. I always found Batman's story pretty interesting. I used to watch Batman the Animated Series on TV and then the Nolan's movies really made me like the whole Gotham thing. Batman is not my favourite character because I'm not such a fan of Bruce Wayne himself. I really like Dick Grayson as you can tell from my Username. I liked him as the Robin. Still think he was the best Robin, although I didn't read anything with Damian Wayne as Robin yet. And when he became Nightwing I really got to know him better, and enjoyed him as a character even more. I have not read many comics yet. I basically read the sequence of comics to get to know better dick grayson suggested by Comic Vine. I am still reading the Nightwing Solo Series, currently on Volume 62, although I know a lot of what's going to happen. I am looking forward to read JLA things next and some Solo stuff from the major JLA members.

I have not read a single comic from Marvel but I do like it awsell (from the movies I mean). I would like if someone could recommend me the best comics there is from Marvel, or some site that can help me in that matter.

I am looking forward to participate in this forum, I found it quite interesting and theres a lot of threads here for me to read and inform myself. Have a good night or day, in wtv timeline you have.

Hey, I'm Jacob! I've always been interested in comics but only started reading and getting into all of it in the past few years or so. I'm mainly a Marvel guy, but I'm working on expanding my knowledge to DC, and hopefully getting into some lesser known series.

I like what Marvel has done with their movies, as well as Man of Steel, and I'm interested in what the DCCU will have to offer in the future. Also, big fan of the new TV series, like Arrow and Agents of SHIELD.

Anyways, I've been reading the content on CBR for a while, but never thought to join until now. I like talking comics, discussing them and the choices each company makes and all that, so I'm excited to join the community and actually talk about all this stuff, seeing as none of my friends are as into this genre as I am. :P

Lots of newcomers! Welcome Jaminov, Nlghtwlng and BjornGrimm!

Hey Jax! Good to see you here
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Hello there CBR.

Working on a book The Superhero Method that looks at comic-book characters and their relevance to real-life altruistic action. It's a series of nine observations from the superhero genre that combined form the basis of a superheroic lifestyle.

Looking forward to checking out the new forum.

All the best

Hey everyone,

Great to meet you all. This seems like a really warm and exciting place to be.

I'm a long-time gamer, writer, and forum-goer. I'm relatively new to the comics scene, but it was an easy transition from RPGs and anime to American comics. I started about a year ago, focusing on Psylocke, and have since expanded my interest in the X-universe. Collecting has become a huge love of mine, and I'm excited to share my interests with all of you.

See you around!

~Mango

Hey folks! I'm really glad to be here. I've been looking for a good comics forum for a while and I'm hoping this is the right one for me. Over the last two years or so I've been getting back into comics in a big way. I'm mostly reading Marvel books right now (which would be a pretty big shock to my Batman-loving teenaged self) and my favorites are Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, and Ms. Marvel. Captain America is my current favorite character, though I'm not actually reading any books he's in at the moment. I also try to read a fairly wide variety of creator-owned stuff. My absolute favorite books overall right now are Sex Criminals, Saga, and Rat Queens. But I really do tend to like a lot of different things. I play music, sometimes do activist-y type stuff, write, and do a weekly webcomic.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know y'all better.

Exclamation I am NOT the chosen one. But, I did stay at a Holiday Express Inn last night...

Just not that into it.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 07-21-2014 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Just not that into it.

All-New Member

Hello, all! I've been into comics off and on most of my life and it's on again. What got me back in this time was The Walking Dead. I devoured all 21 trades in a matter of a few months and started branching out once I found out all the amazing titles they're releasing over at Image: Chew, Revival, Sex Criminals, Saga, and Lazarus to name a few.

But I know my roots. I grew up on DC. I loved Green Lantern (early 90s pre-Kyle Rayner days), Superman, and Flash. But it was Batman and the Bat-family that got me hooked. I'm learning about all that's changed in the years since I've been gone (Jason Todd being alive again and an anti-hero, Dick Grayson no longer Nightwing, Batman having a son, Barbara Gordon's miraculous recovery) but I'm pleasantly surprised to find out Scott Snyder's Batman may be the best single title of the New 52. The New 52 has also drawn me into Animal Man and Swamp Thing and I'm finding myself reading the old Grant Morrison and Alan Moore days of those comics.

I enjoy Marvel but I'm a relative newbie to the Marvel universe. I also love TMNT, Usagi Yojimbo, and most anything on the Vertigo imprint.

In my non-comics life, I travel, study Japanese, drink fine beer, and write about and make fun of old Saved by the Bell episodes.

Look forward to reading the threads!
    Last edited by Chris the Geek; 07-18-2014 at 07:40 PM.