Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Names Aaron, last name Alvarez.

I'm a 24 year old freelance illustrator and graphic designer on my way to receiving a BA in Illustration.
    Been reading comics for as long as I remember, starting with Green Lantern Vol. 3 #55.
    Fantastic Four, Green Lantern, Captain Marvel (all of 'em) and Superman are my thing I guess.
    Although if it's cosmic or related to the above, I'm bound to read it.
    As far as I'm concerned Jack Kirby is the greatest man to ever work in comics.

Don't read much DC these days, which sucks seeing as how I love a lot of the characters... but it happens.

My biggest inspirations when it comes to illustration:
    Jack Kirby, Jim Steranko, Jaime Hernandez, Mike Allred and Darwyn Cooke,

When it comes to music I'm pretty eclectic, but my main focus is Heavy Metal.
    Danzig, Judas Priest and anything Dio related being at the top.
    Elvis Aaron Presley and Marc Bolan are still my main men, all things considered.

Watch a lot of Science Fiction, Doctor Who being the tops.
    I've seen all of classic including recons... so that's a thing. (Pertwee4Life)
    TNG, Red Dwarf and Farscape being up there as well.

There's more, but that's all I can think of for now I guess. I don't know.
    Can't wait to get to know you all and hopefully get into some good discussion.

I'm Daryl, which is my real first name. Previously here as Romero. I live in Austin, TX. I read new comics in TPB format I get at the library and just read whatever catches my eye. I almost exclusively buy silver/bronze/80s books and that is what my collection is these days.

I play guitar, like a crap ton of different bands and types of music.I love horror movies. Trying to brush up on my rusty German language skills. I have two daughters, at least one of which will probably be a geek like me. Etc Etc Etc
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Handle's DubipR.

Redacting Content.....
    Last edited by DubipR; 05-02-2014 at 08:21 AM. Reason: The new boards blow donkey cock....

BANNED

T51R, and in a previous age M203 from Australia.

Been here for bloody years, and this is my first ReBoot. I was here when the ancient gods OverMaster, S******n, Chou Blaster(before he exalted and became Dark Lord Chou) Farealmer and the Lord of Nonsensical Crap ruled the roost, together with the legendary god of rumbles, Gordon Smith(Watcher is still here, though...) How old? Try MUGEN: Universe old, a thread which went on so long its authors all got sucked back into the real world before it was finished.

I'm an industrial designer who's worked with everything from micro electronics to motorsports, and am now in the process of setting up my own ventures. I'm also a CAD jockey by training and am a licensed Solidworks operator(NO! Go away and use Maya for your hentai 3d movies...)

Art-wise I write and draw a web manga that I've wanted to launch for close to a decade now called NODES: Web. Unfortunately life gets in the way, and all my time is now dedicated to building my own products. Hopefully it'll happen before I get too old...

I stopped reading mainstream Marvel and DC titles back in the late 90's, and have since gone on to the more interesting Vertigo offerings as well as independent books, and now consume mainly manga and anime. Favorites are Berserk, Fist of the North Star and most recently, Hajime no Ippo.

Nice to meet you...

"...you're already dead."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    Handle's DubipR.
    Books I pick up these days: Love & Rockets (greatest comic of all time), all Los Bros books
    You're good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    You're good people.
    There's a few Los Bros fans out there on the boards..be on the look out.

BANNED

There's a few Los Bros fans out there on the boards..be on the look out.
    I'll keep my eyes peeled. Thanks man.

BANNED

Name's Chris, been reading comics pretty much since I learned how (old Fantastic Four Lee/Kirby collection at my elementary school library helped me to read actually). Used to read my uncle's old Conan books (mostly Savage Sword and Saga), bought some here and there as disposable fun, then started "collecting" full time in the early '90s during the boom (X-Men cartoon was a favorite, bought X-Men 25 with the hologram and Wolverine losing his adamantium). Still mostly get mainstream superhero stuff, but I've branched out to indies and some manga and I'll pretty much give anything a shot (though I've got about 40 books on my pull list so my budget's tight).

I am Gordon. That's my real first name. Used to be Gordon Smith. The last name was real too. Used to be Locke. That was a long, long time ago. Been here about fifteen years. Real life has kept me in lurking, post once in a blue moon mode, but here I still remain. And before you ask, I remain as boring in real life as I am on the Internet. That's all you need to know about me.

Handle's DubipR.
    I'm from Los Angeles, South Bay area. I'm one of the elder statesmen of CBR, being around here since 1996 back when it was it was the Kingdom Come message board back when Jonah and Beau were running the show. I work in the music business, doing accounting for theaters and clubs all over the US. I've dropped quite a bit of comics lately as I'm becoming a bit more finicky in my selection. I try to keep up with Marvel; I used to be a DC Zombie back in the 80s to the 00s, but read only 2 books from them now.

Books I pick up these days: Love & Rockets (greatest comic of all time), all Los Bros books, All Star Western, Harley Quinn, X, Fantagraphics stuff, D&Q stuff
    nice to come back to so many familiar faces.

Tacklehugs, Du, Tacklehugs!

Hi everyone.

I'm Tom, a 36 year old guy from the cold North East of England.
    I'm married to an equally geeky woman and we have two geeklings following in our footsteps.

I'm new to the CBR community but have been collecting comics for over 30 years and my hobby grew into an obsession really, though one I indulge.

I'm currently reading 2000AD, Judge Dredd Megazine, the IDW Dredd books and Rogue Trooper, Amazing Spider-man, Hulk, Daredevil, Nova, Magneto, Nightcrawler, All New X-Men, Conan the Avenger, Red Sonja, Uber, Royals, Ultimate Spider-Man (looking forward to the Miles Morales book starting soon), Hulk, and a lot more.

I like DC too but I haven't been picking up any of their titles regularly for a while.

So, um, yeah, that's me. Anything else anyone wants to know, just let me know, I'm happy to answer.

Looking forward to getting to know the community.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Hey all.

Ironically my name is actually Jason or Jay as my friends call me so that part of my handle is accurate. I'm 44 and have been a fan of comics of all kinds for a long time.

My grandpa and dad used to read the Sunday comics to me while I looked at the pictures (my favorite was Prince Valiant) and the first actual comic book I remember reading was Batman 156-Robin Dies at Dawn, which is again ironic considering who my favorite Robins have been. I also liked Spiderman back then and would read any comic with him in it. When I started collecting comics on my on I was almost entirely a Marvel guy minus Batman my favorites being Uncanny X-Men and New Mutants. I had a circle of friends, both male and female that were all into comics as well and we would all hang out at the LCS after school for gaming and comics. Some of those old friends are still are into comics. We still chat a lot about them and sometimes trade issues around so we can read a bit more without spending so much money. Currently I'm enjoying a bit of DC, a bit of Marvel and several independent titles as well as a bit of manga now and again.

Let's see what else. I was a literature major in college and am currently gainfully employed as a librarian in a small town. My favorite sport is baseball (Go Cardinals) and I'm half Native American/half Italian.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-01-2014 at 07:50 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I'm a 26 year old by the name of Scott, but I post under the name The Dog, which I started using way back in 2008 when I was a fan of Dog The Bounty Hunter. I've long since lost interest in that, but I liked the name enough that I keep using it in various forms wherever I go (most popular being The Dog Sage and The Dog Sannin).
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I'm Dingo, Gary Edwards. I used to frequent these boards a few years back. Old timers may remember me. I live down under and work at Gestalt Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    nice to come back to so many familiar faces.

Tacklehugs, Du, Tacklehugs!
    Hey Bert.
    How's your hammer hanging?