Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Hello CBR, Eric from Long Beach CA here. Been browsing the site for a while to keep up on the latest comic happenings. I got a Marvel unlimited act a few months ago and have been bingeing on back issues, to put it mildly.. recently have been reading Venom, Secret Avengers, and GOTG. Also, avid watcher of Agents of Shield. Speaking of which, if the "meh" of the first season up until Winter Soldier put you off the show, you should really give it another shot, as season 2 is much much better. .

Anyways, looking forward to some good discussion

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Welcome to the forum guys welcome to the mad house

Default Hello!

Hello from Nebraska, I enjoy hunting as well as reading. My favorite superhero is Batman followed by Raven (as my name suggests) my favorite villain is tied between Bane and Deadshot.

All-New Member

Hey guys,

I've just gotten into comics in the past couple of weeks.

I used to collect a lot of X-Men cards when I was in high school and enjoyed the shows and would read the odd comic when I came across one in my high school library but have never taken the full leap. Visited a local shop in the weekend and after being recommended X-Men: Schism and Regenesis I picked up Schism and read it over the weekend (as well as Thor 2014 #1). The girlfriend picked up The Incal (Jodorowsky & Moebius).

When I was into card collecting, my favourite character was always Gambit and am a definite fan of the Marvel universe, however I'm so out of touch that I'm stumbling through things and a little unsure where to start again so I'll be making a post asking for some help and suggestions

I'm a graphic designer from New Zealand. I have to travel 2hrs to get to the closest comic shop

Greetings,

I am Kevan, the creator of the Sekuro comic book series that is currently live on Kickstarter until 12/07/2014. A little bit about me other than that I am a comic book creator, I have also worked as a 3D Animator/Environment Artist for Sony Playstation, I have two published Children's Books, and have done a ton of web stuff. I am currently an animator for Starfall in La Jolla, CA. Starfall.com has been a free online resource since 2002, teaching millions of children to read and inspiring a love of learning.

All-New Member

Hi everyone...I'm a big Hellboy fan and lover of horror comics here... also a musician and graphic artist by trade. Been a fan of comics since my first one: Master of Kung Fu#25 by Doug Moench and Paul Gulacy...many years ago.

Faves: Nexus / Hellboy / Daredevil /Master of Kung Fu / Saga/ Richard Corben/ Teen Titans/ Sin City / Shaolin Cowboy
    Last edited by Carl; 11-28-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Born in 72 & from London.
    Got my first taste of comic books from the kid next door, when I swapped all my crappy commando comics for his unread pile of Daredevil, Power Man & Iron Fist's, when Frank Miller did the covers. Wasn't easy buying comics in the UK at that time. I'd have to bunk school and head to Denmark Street in the west end, where the first Forbidden Planet shop was, it was Just a tiny store with random runs, but had the best 2000ad carrier bags!
    Stopped reading for quite a few years in the 90's when it mostly went to **** (Rob Liefeld).
    Back now, reading Stray Bullets and Snyder's Batman.

JoKa

Hello everyone, I'm new to comics. Started about a year ago, im 27. I mainly read DC and Image comics exclusively. My favorite comics are Hellblazer, Saga, Sex, Earth 2, Sandman, and the new Bucky Barnes: The Winter Solider. Just looking to make new comic friends and see what people have to say. I, sad I got into comics so late. Well you can call me Jonathan, or JoKa. Great to meet y'all.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Hey guys,

Been around a few months now but never posted here. Feel free to check out my profile in the link below.

http://www.comicosity.com/author/anthonyblackwood/
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Gravity_Lensman

And a very pleasant good morning to gentlemen and ladies near and far, and all the ships at sea.

I'm coming on board in the spirit of encouragement to all the toiling creators out there who've yet to get their break. Not at all very long ago, I was another wanna-be comics writer (which isn't to say I don't still remain one) loitering by the portfolio review lines at shows trying to meet artists with whom to collaborate, passing out shabby el cheapo print-yourself-at-home "business cards," and creepily stalking editors in an attempt to get any tiny advantage over unsolicited submissions that end up in their slush piles. After, you know, all the miserable setbacks that everyone else talks about, I did manage to get a bit of a shot at it. I'd love to introduce EPOCHALYPSE from Legendary Comics to the community here, and maybe try to share some tips with upcoming creators on getting at least that far.

I've been doing a bit of a Rip Van Winkle thing vis a vis keeping up with comics (culture in general, actually), and as someone typically a bit slow on the uptake I've always needed individuals of good taste to make recommendations about what's worth checking out. Hope to get some of that here. Comics started for me with a huge box of old Dennis the Menace, Little Lotta, Richie Rich, Casper & Hot Stuff books I found under my aunt's bed after being dropped off at my grandmother's house to be babysat in the mid 1970s, in a house full of old women who were all getting their hair done by my visiting great aunts from Rhode Island. I then got hugely into ELFQUEST as a "tween" and made the move to voracious consuming of Marvel titles during the whole 1984 SECRET WARS marketing bonanza.

Thanks!

BANNED

Hello everyone, I'm practically new here and well to keep things short and sweet; I have a passion for films, comic books and television. I've been wanting to become part of these forums for a good while and well, here I and just for the sake of the forum's name; here are the tallies for my comic book collection (trades included),

DC: 77
    Marvel: 110
    Image: 10
    Dark Horse: 14
    Innovation: 3
    Eternity: 5
    Archie: 4
    Valiant: 1
    Chaos: 1

Admittedly a lot of my comics are superhero ones but I wish to remedy that. While I'm a huge Marvel fan and I like superheroes, I wish to expand especially with various recent Image titles, Archie and a whole lot of Horror comics as well. Same with manga. Overall, I say it's great to be here.

Hello, I'm Frontier .

I've been a huge fan of Superheroes and comics ever since I watched every comic-book cartoon I could possibly watch as a kid. This led me to become a huge fan of both Marvel and DC, and their respective roster of characters, and in middle-school I started buying books from both of the Big Two. Now I'm consistently following a lot of books, including some from other comic companies, and couldn't be happier .

I don't tend to be too critical of anything, my own personal biases aside, but I do hope I can contribute to forum discussions with my opinions.

Amazing Member

Hello!

I loved comic book characters as a kid, but never got to read comics until my early 20s six years ago. Now I read...well, probably way too much. I guess I'm trying to spoil my inner kid.

I've been reading CBR since before I even started reading comics. I decided to finally join the forum so I could see and, hopefully, discuss some comics with you guys, as I have no friends who enjoy comics.

Thanks for having me!

Quote Originally Posted by chaos X effect View Post
    Hello!

I loved comic book characters as a kid, but never got to read comics until my early 20s six years ago. Now I read...well, probably way too much. I guess I'm trying to spoil my inner kid.

I've been reading CBR since before I even started reading comics. I decided to finally join the forum so I could see and, hopefully, discuss some comics with you guys, as I have no friends who enjoy comics.

Thanks for having me!
    Welcome aboard man!

Fantastic Member wickedmountain's Avatar

Hi I'm wickedmountain and I love all comics mostly read dc comics though. Have looked at this website many times and decided to Join the forums here. I'm new to comics although I did have a few in the 80's but recently got into them again. nice to be here with you all