Page 29 of 92 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Hi, I'm Red, and I'm brand new here, though not new to comics.
    I've also been into more Indie stuff in the past few years (Shutter, Chew, Saga, etc.).

I look forward to getting to know you all!
    Hi Red.
    Love the indie stuff myself too.
    Great to have you at CBR.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Cosmic Power Squats MarvelMETHHEAD's Avatar

Hello there! I'm Sean and I'm new here. I don't know the rules here yet, but I plan to be here awhile. I like cosmic Marvel the most, it like speaks to me. I like it so much, in fact, I started reviewing for a comic related website. I starting writing my own comic just last week and am working with someone WAYYY in Dubai who is the inker. I'm really excited about it. I'm hoping the CBR community has experience with writing their own comics so that I can gain from it. Either way, I'm excited to share my passion with other like minded people.

Could someone tell me how to put a signature in my posts?

Cosmic Power Squats MarvelMETHHEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Prime X View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Oh I also forgot to mention I'm a big hockey fan
    Yea, hockey! Go Devils!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMETHHEAD View Post
    Hello there! I'm Sean and I'm new here. I don't know the rules here yet, but I plan to be here awhile. I like cosmic Marvel the most, it like speaks to me. I like it so much, in fact, I started reviewing for a comic related website. I starting writing my own comic just last week and am working with someone WAYYY in Dubai who is the inker. I'm really excited about it. I'm hoping the CBR community has experience with writing their own comics so that I can gain from it. Either way, I'm excited to share my passion with other like minded people.

Could someone tell me how to put a signature in my posts?
    Welcome! Enjoy being part of the community!

I believe the sig should be accessed under settings.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Hi. I'm SickAlice of course. I'm a comic book junkie as well of course of course and read CBR like an average person would a local daily newspaper. I probably won't accumulate a massive post count or anything, but I realized there was sometimes a comic I'd like to weigh in on or ask a question about. My current favorite comic book is Aphrodite IX by Matt Hawkins, which has now of course become IXth Generation. The other books that I get up for each month or the IDW Turtles comics and Mega Man. I read a big chunk of the big two's books as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMETHHEAD View Post
    Hi Sean,
    and Welcome to CBR.
    What is your comic book going to be about?
    links to my books:
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    Hi. I'm SickAlice of course. I'm a comic book junkie as well of course of course and read CBR like an average person would a local daily newspaper. I probably won't accumulate a massive post count or anything, but I realized there was sometimes a comic I'd like to weigh in on or ask a question about. My current favorite comic book is Aphrodite IX by Matt Hawkins, which has now of course become IXth Generation. The other books that I get up for each month or the IDW Turtles comics and Mega Man. I read a big chunk of the big two's books as well.
    Hello SickAlice.
    Welcome to CBR.
    I was reading Aphrodite IX at the time David Finch launched it. I thought it was pretty good.
    links to my books:
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda26 View Post
    Good day to everyone! I’m Rue and I’m a frequent visitor of this forum. I finally decided to sign up and join the fun. Looking forward to learn from all of you here
    Hello Rue.
    Here is your first lesson;
    Superman is Clark Kent.
    Hope I didn't spoiled the surprise for you, but you asked.
    Want to know more than that? You should probably consult someone knowledgeable. Thankfully, you are at the right place.
    Welcomee to CBR.
    links to my books:
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda26 View Post
    Good day to everyone! I’m Rue and I’m a frequent visitor of this forum. I finally decided to sign up and join the fun. Looking forward to learn from all of you here
    Hey there! Welcome!

All-New Member

Default Hi I'm comicbob, and well, I am a comicaholic.

Hello I am Comicbob, and I am a comicaholic.

I must read several comics a day or I just do not feel right.

I know it is not good for me, the doctor ( I think his last name is Wertham) told me so.

I have not been doing this too long, only since I bought my first comic in 1968, so really I have not read too many of the four color dreams.

Currently, I think I have around 4500 but since I am buying and selling all the time, it is kind of hard to keep track of.

I have never been a "Marvel Zombie", due mainly I think to the fact that when I was growing up, having to pay 12 then 15 cents for a single comic that
    *gasp* CONTINUED NEXT MONTH was terrible. I was not rich, so I really never knew if I was going to be able to afford the next issue, AND we (my family and I)
    moved around a lot, so there were times I did not even see a 'new' comic in months.

D.C. though, ah... those were the days. Before "Crisis" and all the multiverse stories, D.C. had the ability to put an average of TWO and sometimes THREE stories in a single
    issue. They also managed to make most of the stories complete unto themselves. Ah. For a boy of nine with very limited funds, that was indeed heaven.

Then there was the fact that a certain Supergirl and I happen to have the same 'birthdate'. (To this day, I don't know Kara's 'real' birthday, but to me she was 'born'
    May 1959... it says so right on the cover of her very first appearance... Action Comics 252.

So, I have bought sold traded ate slept and dreamed of comics almost all my life.

I could go on, about how I not only started selling comics in the late seventies, but how I still have one of my first 'dealers' badges from a small comic gathering call 'ComicCon" This badge is from... boy was it really thirty years ago?... 1984, and yes, the San Diego ( now Aniheim I know...) ComicCon has changed, but then
    so has the whole face of comics and comic collecting,

For the better? I keep telling myself that yes, it is... but somewhere down deep in me is a little nine year old boy that still believes a comic CAN be fun and not have to
    run into a hundred issues for just one 'storyline. (I have currently been trying to read the World War Hulk, -- Marvel, yes I know lol), and just how many tie ins and one
    shots and mini series can there be...shhheeeesssshhhh....

Anyway, I just want to say thankye big big ( re-reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series, and talk about a continued story... wowsa!) for reading this, and for having me in the community.

You can call me Za if you like. I mostly read Marvel, but I have room for some DC and Indie titles as well. I'm a huge fan of all things sci-fi and cosmic, so that should say a few things about what I'm reading. So uh, yeah. Hope to have a cool time here on CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by comicbob View Post
    Hello I am Comicbob, and I am a comicaholic.
    Ohoh... watch out community we have a talker
    Hi Bob,
    we're all comicaholics here, you'll fit right in.
    links to my books:
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    You can call me Za if you like. I mostly read Marvel, but I have room for some DC and Indie titles as well. I'm a huge fan of all things sci-fi and cosmic, so that should say a few things about what I'm reading. So uh, yeah. Hope to have a cool time here on CBR.
    Welcome Za,
    I like sci-fi among other things, as well.
    links to my books:
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"

All-New Member

I... don't believe it. Clark Kent... SUPERMAN? Wow, and here I thought he was just a mild manner reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper!

I wonder if Jimmy and Lois know this... 8^D

All-New Member

Darn.

I came here looking for a sponsor, one who could help me with my addiction.

Oh well, I guess I will just go off into a corner and open a few decade old comics... ah, nothing quite like the odor of musty comic paper and ink.