Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Hello,

I am 32 years old. Male. I live in Indiana.

My first comic book was Mighty Mutanimals #1. I followed that up with Bucky O'Hare, searching through the old bookstore bins for Green Lantern/Green Arrow, eventually becoming a Marvel zombie. Now, I follow the Perennial 18 as I call them. The 18 continuously (more or less) published comics series between 1930s-1960s. Those titles are included in my signature as my pull list. I also leave room for a single event comic for both DC and Marvel. Currently, that means New 52 Futures End and Original Sin. I also collect Walking Dead and Invincible in hardcover.

I am a computer scientist/philosopher and work for a major computer organization I am sure you all have heard of. I have been gaming since I was 5 years old. I attend GenCon annually with my family and am beginning to plan a tradition of C2E2 in the near future.

My online comic forum career began on the Newsarama forums - a trial by fire. I was known as Alex DeLarge back then. I was banned several times. Eventually I came here to retire and be a nice guy.

My favorite comic book character is the Hulk and my favorite comic artist is Jimmy Cheung - hence my avatar that marries both concepts. My favorite writer at the moment is both Robert Kirkman and Rick Remender for their ability to be bold. Nothing worse than a milquetoast run on a comic. My pet peeves are artists who cannot make deadlines, and writers who have no versatility or are afraid to commit to change. Also, continuity errors. I cannot stand continuity errors.

I follow recent comic history, mostly the big 2 and the major characters. I follow sales numbers religiously. I am against renumbering and relaunching of titles only because it ruins the lineage of the series. Sales bumps can be achieved just as well without them. A new creative team or story-line can accomplish a sales bump just as effectively.

I advocated for Marvel to publish their major titles more often instead of releasing mini-series that are tangentially related and sell much worse. They apparently listened because Marvel now sometimes does twice month publishing - the dreaded "double-shipping", but I love it because it keeps periphery titles low.
    Last edited by randomengine; 05-01-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    Hey Bert.
    How's your hammer hanging?
    pretty good. We just celebrated 10 year anniversary, and I just got back from C2E2 (spent my B-day there).

for those that don't know me, I haven't been around for about 4 years, but I'm also one of those longtime posters that was here in the Kingdom Come (Orange/Purple, Green/Purple) forum days.

yeah, I remember the Chat room. . LOL, and spent many, many hours in there.

I left when Gail brought her YABS board over to Bendisboards ~4 years ago, but saw Jonah's posting and decided to try out the fresh start.

I'm 47, a huge Music fan (in particular 80's alt/industrial, and metal/glam-metal -- KISS is my fave band), and I don't really buy Marvel or DC books (Nu52 was perfect opportunity to drop).

Tho I will pick up trades from them when I find them cheap (at C2E2 I picked up 25 mainly Marvel Hardcovers, for $5 each).

I buy a TON of indie, Image, and Dark Horse books tho.In April, my comics bill was ~$200 (with discount and free shipping), so yeah, I still read quite a bit of comics.

I get my books mail order thru Zeus Comics in Dallas, run by an old CBR poster Richard (Dedagda?) and his partner.

and my favorite character (s)? The Metal Men (classic version. . not Nu52, or Duncan Rouleau versions).

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

Greetings,

Nearly 29 and from England.

Followed comics for most of my life. Even though i read very few these days(because most suck) i rely on places like CBR and Comic Vine to fill in the blanks and keep me up to date on what's happening in comics as a whole.

Some of the characters i have a particular interest in are Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Superman, Supergirl, Cyborg, Red Lanterns and The Flash.

Astonishing Member

I am A Scarlet Sapien. That is not to say that I am The Scarlet Sapien. That is not to say that I am not or if I even know. Some witnesses claim he perished, saving innocents in THE CRISIS OF YESTERDAY. Others say that even if this is true his name should be damned, for it was his unnatural cleverness and wit that brought the wrath of the elders down upon us that day. Still others say that when faced with his destiny, he fled like a coward. Still others say that forever banishing himself from this realm he loved so was the only way he could save it! In any event A Scarlet Sapien appears. Who is he? perhaps the same man, only changed, perhaps mad, perhaps finally whole. Perhaps both of these things. Perhaps a brash untested protégé, passionate to preserve The Scarlet Sapien's legacy even as he carves out his own. Perhaps none of these. Perhaps someone else.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 05-01-2014 at 11:32 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I'm Lan, 48 (who feels like 84), from New Orleans. Mostly a Marvelite for 34 years, except for a few DC (Green Lantern and little else) and fewer indie books (mostly Dynamite stuff, these days). And an X-Fan who's very much displeased with most mutant stuff (philosophically, for the most part).

I had wanted to change my username for a while, so I took this opportunity to do so. The Black Guardian is no more... around here, at least.

Long live the MyriVerse.

Hmph... missed all the fireworks around here.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mike Pothier, been a DC fan since I was a kid. My first superhero was the animated Batman, through which I expanded into the comics. Gaming is my hobby, Seattle is my home.

I am not Michael P's evil twin. He's my evil twin. Common mistake.
    Life is but a dream

For the past couple years I have been looking for an active forum community to join. Some of the sites I find are extremely cliquish, or never had too much to offer outside of one or two threads.

With the reboot (nuke) here at CBR, I felt it might be worth a shot to join you guys. Looking forward to seeing how everything turns out here.

Hello. My name is Moira, named after MacTaggert. I spent most of my youth resisting the comic book call of my parents until late high school. I'm in my early twenties, I live & attend grad school in Chicago, and I've always enjoyed living near-but-never-visiting the beaches of Lake Michigan.

I started reading through indies, developed into near-exclusively DC, now reading near-exclusively Marvel & more indies.

Extraordinary Member

DebkoX here, been going here for two years now. 15, living in London, ready to tackle my exams. I love comics, started in 2012 when I realised I needed a hobby. Never looked back! Mostly Marvel! 98% Marvel, 2% Image.
    I enjoy studying (Yeah, you've read that right! And I've made it a hobby) I also love movies, I hope to work in film someday. My other hobbies include going out and generally enjoying life and being positive.
    Last edited by DebkoX; 05-01-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post

Tho I will pick up trades from them when I find them cheap (at C2E2 I picked up 25 mainly Marvel Hardcovers, for $5 each).
    What!! I wish I had seen the same booths you did... Seemed harder to find book vendors this year.

BANNED

Legato here, been a member of this fine community for over a decade now. Fourteen years to be exact. The Christopher Reeves Superman films was my first exposure to anything superheroish and I've been collecting comics ever since. First it was DC then I started collecting Marvel comics around the mid 90's. Currently I'm branching out to other comic companies beyond the big two like Image's Invincible and a few other indies.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxygnome View Post
    What!! I wish I had seen the same booths you did... Seemed harder to find book vendors this year.
    it was the booth with the vendors dressed in Doctor's smocks (up against the food court in the center of the floor).

he had BOXES of Hardcovers for $5. . bought way too many (over 25). . LOL. . my friend in Artist's Alley (Tom Stillwell) is mailing me some of them as they made my suitcase too heavy.

seriously, the Shield trade in HARDCOVER (retails for $39, I think?). . $5.

My name is Vik. I'm 18 years old and a resident of Houston, TX. I'm going to be a college student next year. I used to post on the old CBR boards as !Pharozonk!. I started out in comics reading X-Men and Spider-man, but quickly branched out to mostly DC stuff, especially Green Lantern and Flash and am now a huge DC fan, much more than Marvel at least. I probably spent most of my time on the old boards supporting H. E. A. T and talking in the Classic Comcs board(R.I.P). I can only hope that this new community can be as fun as the old one.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 05-26-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Hi, Evie here. 20 this month, Law student, Canadian.
    New to CBR and relatively new to comics in general (I grew up on anime/manga). Forever trying to explain to people why I like Captain America. Mostly I read Marvel stuff (thank you Marvel Unlimited) but I'll probably branch out eventually.

BANNED

Hi all.

I'm an Engineer-recently-turned-biology major who started reading comics about a year and a half ago. I mainly read DC but bought Captain Marvel and Thor in trades. I'm currently rearranging my pull list so I can afford to branch out further into Marvel and IDW Transformers.

My permanent pull list right now is pretty much only Aquaman. I'll be taking a break from Batman after ZY and from Green Arrow after Outsiders War. I'm going to read Captain and Ms. Marvel for the first arc and then maybe go back to trades. I'm looking forward also to getting back into Red Lanterns and New Guardians.