Page 34 of 92 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Nice to know you folks.
    And Luke, Micah, love your avatars.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Hi, I'm Simon, I'm a 38yr old teacher. An Englishman living permanently in Australia since 2011. Rediscovered comics around the same time, having played Batman Arkham Asylum. Love Daredevil, Batman, Avengers, Walking Dead and many more. Current pull list is Batman, Detective Comics, Daredevil, Earth 2, Thief of Thieves, Peter Panzerfaust. Also trying to collect Back issues of Detective Comics vol 1 (around 210 collected), Avengers vol 1 (195 collected) and Daredevil vol 1 (88 issues). Wish I had more time to read and more money to buy!

Nice to know you Simon.
    What do you teach?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

I'm a primary teacher so everything really. I have been adding comics to my book shelf in class to encourage some reluctant readers which has worked well.

Welcome everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by sclay5 View Post
    I'm a primary teacher so everything really. I have been adding comics to my book shelf in class to encourage some reluctant readers which has worked well.
    Thanks for the answer.
    And that's a nice touch. I remember when I was at that age, the book shelf had some magazines and a few comics.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

All-New Member deathbyjazzhands's Avatar

Hi Everyone, I'm Donnie! I'm 27, work in IT by day and moonlight as a creative type by night. I hail from Florida in the US and have a complicated relationship with this beautiful, slightly racist place in which I live. I've written and produced comics and videos for the web and have been featured on sites such as The Escapist and Machinima.com. My dream is to one day write comics professionally.

I've been an avid reader of webcomics since around the time that Penny Arcade started (somewhere around 15 years now I guess?), but I'm relatively new to the print comic space. I began edging in to the scene through graphic novels and now I'm a Card-Carrying, What-Do-You-Mean-My-Pull-Was-$35-This-Week regular at my LCS. My gateway to the print world was Sandman by Neil Gaiman, but I've been a Marvel fan through the cartoons and games for years, so my pull is split pretty evenly between mainstream capes and offbeat indies. Kelly Sue DeConnick, Matt Fraction, and Jason Aaron are my favorite writers working today, and I'm only now beginning to dive in to stories from the past.

I can't wait to finally have folks to chat with about comics, as most of my friends haven't drank the kool aid.

keeper

Hi, I am 28 y.o. from Ohio, USA. I read a lot of marvel comics and draw a lot. Recently I've started writing my own work which has been fun, but difficult and has given me an appreciation for the great authors out there.

I joined because I am excited to connect with people with shared interests. I also need help! I have a photograph of a comic, I completely forget what it was but I remember being really taken by it. Can anyone help ID it?

IMG_1308.jpg

Hello, my name is Darrell I'm 52 & I'm from New Joisey, I'm a new poster, but I joined a while ago. I had joined other comics themed message boards, but found them to be overrun by juveniles not interested or equipped to engage in a good debate, just a lot of name calling, sorry I ain't got time for that. From what I've read so far, there seems to be more of a sense of community.
    My comix background, I started buying at the tender age of 11, with the dual purchase of Marvel Team-Up #12 (Spidey & Werewolf by Night) and Avengers #114 (Swordsman & Mantis join) after that summer and the Avengers/Defenders war I was hooked. From then on buying everything Marvel I could get my hands on, until about 7 years ago when I was done with new Marvel for various reasons (of which I'm sure many of you already can guess). Nowadays I spend my hard earned dough on Silver/Bronze age comics, books on comics history & the occasional Independent comic book. I do like to stay informed on what's going on, for better of worse (mostly worse though).
    Professional background, I work in Mid-Town Manhattan for an Architectural firm as a Project Manager/CAD for obtaining permits for Special Events in the City, so if you see a concert, fashion show or merchandise pop-up for a commercial, chances are I had a hand in it.
    Fun Comics Fact: I work at 330 W. 42nd St. in the McGraw Hill building, the same building where Timely Comics in the 40's was located. Jack & Joe created Cap here, cool huh?
    I don't post too often, but I like a good debate.
    Ok, I guess that's enough.

YO YO YO... lol hey guys, my name is Dave. i started my journey reading comics back in the early 90s... i had all those fun awesome over priced chrome and embossed covers... mostly valiant and image. WILD CATS, SPAWN, Bloodshot, Ninjak, Solar, X-O Manowar, Turok... etc etc -- Deathmate too. i didn't just get started back into comics recently.. .more like 5 or so years ago... i bought a couple trades of Flash - rebirth, Green Lantern - rebirth, Dark Knight Returns, Joker, Killing Joke, Watchmen, Knightfall vol 1.
    being the OCD collector i am i really would just rather have omnibus volumes of everything... i own Wolverine and the X-men and love it... my wish list has Deadpool and cable omnibus and the Mark Millar Wolverine Omnibus... any really good "one story" omnibus i should get.... one thing on my wish list im getting for sure is Arkham Asylum --- though i've never read anything by Morrison.
    I'm not a big poster on many of the forums i frequent, but i do love reading all the forums on here. thanks for your time.

sirmbhe

Hello Guys,

My name is David. On day job i works as employee on an electronics company. And in my night time (plus holiday) i run a small website who share about comics (mainly DC and Marvel). I have been visiting CBR many times, but just happen to make one account today. I wish to be an active member and participate a lot in this community. I hope i'll find a good times in here.

Have nice day all,
    Cheers

Hey there CBR. Before the reset I was SurfDUI since 2006.

Outside of what I run across or skim past here know little to nothing of new comics, specifically post approx mid 2000's. I'm an 80's kid, when I started collecting comics they were 75 cents, continuity was strong and the extent of the comic based movies were Chris Reeve as Superman and Dick Durock (R.I.P.) was Swamp Thing. Now books are 4 bucks, Iron Man (my fav) has been in damn near half a dozen movies and re-boots have been happening for 15+ years now. Crazy.

Also a huge sports guy and that's what I remember most from CBR back when. I'm an old school Indianapolis COLTS, Indiana Pacers and Chicago Cubs fan. How bout that Andrew Luck huh, huh? Actually I could rap about Raider football or the new college playoff format all day.

I'm stuck waist deep in silver, bronze and some modern age 616 cannon so I just like to read about what folks are reading these days. The affluence of the comic medium into movies and TV is icing on my old cake.

Lata

stubbymite

Hello everyone I am a new memebr checking in

My name is Karl and have discovered a love for comic recently like reading mainly marvel and dc comics but have been recently reading the walking dead series which i am loving as an alternative to the tv series.

Looking to get some info from some of the members here on collecting and a how to get a collection going as i am looking to build up the few comic that i currently have.

Look forward to speaking to you all soon.

Thanks Karl

All-New Member

Hey guys, I just joined the forum. I've been reading comics since 1987. I still remember seeing Marvel Comics Presents #1 with Wolverine on the cover sitting in the rack in 7-11 back when 7-11 (and CircleK) used to sell comic books. I enjoy many different comics, from the Golden Age to the most recent, from various publishers.

Hi. I'm known as The Owosso Harpist Sherry Konkus and I'm from Owosso, MI. I'm 41 years old and is trying to raise funds to buy a large concert grand harp so I can study the harp. I've been a fan of The Punisher since last year and I've been building up a great portfolio of Marvel's greatest and deadliest vigilante engaging in something no one could ever think he can do besides blowing criminals away-- play a harp. That's right. I'm doing a series of fanart and toy photograps where I portray Frank as The Punishing Harpist who plays the harp in memory of his family as well as punish criminals just like he always does. The reason I do this is because this is my way of expressing my great love for the musical instrument. I've been drawing favorite cartoon characters of mine playing the harp for that same reason ever since I was a little kid dreaming about playing the harp and becoming a harpist. When I became a fan of The Punisher last year, I decided to make a drawing of The Punisher playing the harp and the results were fantastic! I love it! So I'm building up a special portfolio collection of my Harp Playing Punisher incarnation I officially entitled The Punisher: My Gun, My Harp, and Me. It's posted all over Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, DeviantArt, even on my special blog, Punisher Harp Zone, which is titled in reference to the Punisher War Zone series. Feel free to check out my sites and look at my Portfolio collection.