Page 37 of 92 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Hiya!

I'm Tommi, a 30+ something geek from a far away land called Finlandonia and I used to work as an environment artist. (Currently I'm between jobs)
    I'm new to the CBR community and also a "late bloomer" when it comes to comics. I actually bought my first Marvel comics just a few months ago. I wanted to start my new hobby with a bang so I bought the complete collection of Deadpool and X-Force. Not a bad start if you ask me.

Hopefully soon I can get my hands on X-23, X-Men, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Ms Marvel etc. It's a long shopping list so I'm not gonna list them all.
    What else could I tell you? Ooh! I LOOVE female superheroes and villains too! ( Hawkgirl and Harley Quinn <3) That's why The Justice League and Batman: The Animated Series are on my fav list of shows. I also like to use my hobbies as an excuse to decorate my flat so I bought a few comics and decided to frame them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...lloLadies2.jpg (Sorry for the crappy quality.. )
    Notice that the curtains have a cool texture which makes them look like a worn cape. (Thanks Supergirl!)

Before I found comics I used to read alot of science fiction and fantasy literature and because of that my bookshelves are almost overflowing with stuff to read and that's a good thing! Although I could use a bit more space for my new comics, DVD and Blu-ray boxes.

I'm not gonna list all of my favourite tv series or movies because like most you guys and gals the list is waaaay too long so.. ^^'''
    So, um, yeah, that's me I think. Ask away if you have anything else you want to know about me or my hobbies etc. I'm happy to answer.

Looking forward to getting to know the community!

Cheers!

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Welcome to CBR, PointSixFive. What's your favourite series currently?
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PointSixFive View Post
    Hiya!

I'm Tommi, a 30+ something geek from a far away land called Finlandonia and I used to work as an environment artist. (Currently I'm between jobs)
    I'm new to the CBR community and also a "late bloomer" when it comes to comics. I actually bought my first Marvel comics just a few months ago. I wanted to start my new hobby with a bang so I bought the complete collection of Deadpool and X-Force. Not a bad start if you ask me.

Hopefully soon I can get my hands on X-23, X-Men, Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Ms Marvel etc. It's a long shopping list so I'm not gonna list them all.
    What else could I tell you? Ooh! I LOOVE female superheroes and villains too! ( Hawkgirl and Harley Quinn <3) That's why The Justice League and Batman: The Animated Series are on my fav list of shows. I also like to use my hobbies as an excuse to decorate my flat so I bought a few comics and decided to frame them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...lloLadies2.jpg (Sorry for the crappy quality.. )
    Notice that the curtains have a cool texture which makes them look like a worn cape. (Thanks Supergirl!)

Before I found comics I used to read alot of science fiction and fantasy literature and because of that my bookshelves are almost overflowing with stuff to read and that's a good thing! Although I could use a bit more space for my new comics, DVD and Blu-ray boxes.

I'm not gonna list all of my favourite tv series or movies because like most you guys and gals the list is waaaay too long so.. ^^'''
    So, um, yeah, that's me I think. Ask away if you have anything else you want to know about me or my hobbies etc. I'm happy to answer.

Looking forward to getting to know the community!

Cheers!

Hope you'll try to collect the Storm ongoing solo. The art on the later issues may not be that good but they stories are great.

If you want something funny, you should get the Squirrel Girl ongoing solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Welcome to CBR, PointSixFive. What's your favourite series currently?
    Like what's my current favourite tv, book, movie or comic book series?
    Ok here goes!

TV: The IT Crowd - It's so hilarious but alas too short!
    Books: Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt Adventures - History, action, adventure and treasures! What's not to love! <3
    Movie series: X-Men - Mutants mutants mutants and two of my favourite actors Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart!!
    Comics: X-Force - It's so dark and violent, bloody and gory <3

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Hope you'll try to collect the Storm ongoing solo. The art on the later issues may not be that good but they stories are great.

If you want something funny, you should get the Squirrel Girl ongoing solo.
    Cheers for the tips!
    Squirrel Girl is on my shopping list too. ^^

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PointSixFive View Post
    Like what's my current favourite tv, book, movie or comic book series?
    Ok here goes!

TV: The IT Crowd - It's so hilarious but alas too short!
    Books: Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt Adventures - History, action, adventure and treasures! What's not to love! <3
    Movie series: X-Men - Mutants mutants mutants and two of my favourite actors Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart!!
    Comics: X-Force - It's so dark and violent, bloody and gory <3
    Awesome! I'm a fan of the X-Men movies too, and I've been planning to check out the IT Crowd. Which X Force series are you currently reading ?
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Awesome! I'm a fan of the X-Men movies too, and I've been planning to check out the IT Crowd. Which X Force series are you currently reading ?
    Well at the moment I'm reading The Dark Angel Saga

Unrepentant Magog Fan HaroldAllnut's Avatar

Hello all! Lifelong comics fan. I'm 25 now, 6 or 7 when I was first handed that fateful copy of Batman: Shadow of the Bat #39. Been hooked ever since. I was a pretty heavy poster here at the CBR forums under this very same handle back around 2008-2010, but then college and grad school kind of took over my life. Still working on my PhD, but I've been getting back into comics over the past few years by reading lots of the older stuff I used to dig (mostly DC stuff from the 90s), as well as doing my damnedest to keep up with some creator-owned titles (mostly Image books).

I think getting re-involved, at least a little bit, in life here at the CBR Forums might be just the thing I need to kick my comics hobby back into overdrive. Great to be back!
    Last edited by HaroldAllnut; 03-22-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Dario89

Hi! My name is Dario , from Italy, i 'am 25 years old.
    i love comics as long as i was a child … i remember that disney's comics are been my first introduction on this world ..
    Then i had read italian classic comics: Dylan Dog , Tex, Zagor … etc …

now i love all comics of the world.
    my favorite is batman's world .. and vertigo's world
    Even if the my favorite comics that i had read are:
    Eternauta - Oesterheld Hèctor G. - Solano Lopez Francisco
    V for Vendetta - Alan Moore
    since that i start reading in english , i found yours beautiful community and i want share with you my passion!
    sorry if my english can be so bad , the reason because i reading in english are:
    - I hate translations Italian
    - i want developing my english

I hope it's a start
    have a nice day!!
    Last edited by Dario89; 03-22-2015 at 04:33 AM.

KevinTheRiddler

Hi my name is Kevin Riddle and I've been into comics off and on ever since I was 12 years old and I'm 33 now. Been reading a lot of smaller press stuff like Effigy and Southern Cross. I'm also a big Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Warren Elis and Neil Gaiman fan. I'm more into the DC side of things for capes but I'm pretty burned out on standard superheroics. I love them but the constant reboots, reimaginings, crossovers and whatnot gets tiresome. I will pick up a trade if it looks interesting though. Basically just here to talk funnybooks, stay up to date, and hopefully make some friends.

Welcome aboard Kevin!

Hello, I'm the extraskater, I'm 30, I'm from Brazil and I like comics in general, although I prefer the so-called "alternative"/"independente" ones (I hate these terms, though). I'd say my favorite artist is Adrian Tomine, but I like a bunch of other titles, artists and writers too. And, of course, I follow most of major publishers and characters. Among the big ones, my favorite artists are Mike Allred, John McCrea, Mike Mignola, Ed McGuinness, Bernard Chang... and my favorite writers are Garth Ennis, Warren Ellis and Grant Morrisson.
    But I think I'm here mostly to act on Artist & Writer Showcase forum, both showing my work and seeing others'.

Welcome, skater. Mike Allred is the bees whiskers! I like a lot of Grant Morrison's stuff, too.

All-New Member

Hello everyone,

I've been a comics fan for many years, mostly following superhero comics. Over the years I've enjoyed titles like Locke & Key, Watchmen, The Walking Dead, and The Boys. Recently I've read and enjoyed the Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man and the New Ms. Marvel. And Saga is the best ongoing series on shelves today. I'm looking forward to some great discussions with other comics fans!

Welcome! I've been loving Saga and Miles Morales as well.