Page 38 of 92 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker here for a while now so thought I'd finally make a post! I've only been reading comics for the past year or so and I've been blown away by how much choice there is out there. I've mostly been reading trades and hardcovers of Alan Moore, pre New 52 Batman and The Sandman but my wanted list is huge lol. I'm enjoying Miracleman, ASM and dipped into a few Image titles as floppies too.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker here for a while now so thought I'd finally make a post! I've only been reading comics for the past year or so and I've been blown away by how much choice there is out there. I've mostly been reading trades and hardcovers of Alan Moore, pre New 52 Batman and The Sandman but my wanted list is huge lol. I'm enjoying Miracleman, ASM and dipped into a few Image titles as floppies too.
    Welcome! You just can't go wrong with Sandman.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Welcome! You just can't go wrong with Sandman.
    Thanks! I'm only up to volume 7 (Brief Lives) of Sandman but I've really enjoyed it so far.

Hi new folks, nice to have you here.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Spectacular Member

Hello to all members, my name is Marvin. I'm from New York n I'm a big fan of DC & Marvel.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Angel View Post
    Hello to all members, my name is Marvin. I'm from New York n I'm a big fan of DC & Marvel.
    Welcome to CBR Marvin. Which series are you currently reading?
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Marvin ?

I've been using the boards for a couple months now and love this site, and comics as a whole. Read a little of everything. Now that marijuana is legal in my state, I have turned New Comic Book day into my toking day, and prefer weirder comics as a result (Grant Morrison and Hickman style indie titles are my main thing).
    The coolest aspect of he site being the occasional interactions with creators, which I geek out over every time they happen. I wish more writers would camp out on here and be as chatty as Cullen Bunn.
    Favorite comic: cliche answer, but Sandman. Glorious when baked.
    Favorite reviewer: InformationGeek, because I usually disagree with him, but because of that, his reviews offer a fresh perspective on things.

Default New guy here

Hi everyone,

New guy to the Comics world (32, took long enough). Wife and I have always enjoyed the comic related movies, but have really got into comics (me more so), but together the animated movies and TV shows. We'll also be going to our first Comicon this year.
    Last edited by Diesel6401; 04-05-2015 at 04:52 PM.

All-New Member

Hello everyone. I write about comics at soundonsight.org, overmental.com, and geekedoutnation.com. I'm a big fan of The Sandman, BMB's Ultimate Spider-Man, and The Wicked + the Divine. Kitty Pryde is my favorite superhero. Comics are most definitely the best art form!

hi peeps, i can see joining here gonna hit the bank hard already added loads to the ol' amazon wishlist, mainly buy graphic novels & collected editions, interested in horror, sci-fi fantasy but can't seen to stop buying superhero stuff either

Hello, I've been reading CBR for some months since the Incursion storyline started. Reading more threads resulted in my wanting to sign up to the forums. I've noticed that the comicbook movie trend really rekindled a lot of peoples interest in comics and fantasy/action movies. So I hope it continues. It will make these genres and hobbies more commonly released and second nature. Much like anime just simply airs in Japan because its just another form of media.

Currently (as if March-April 2015) I am collecting All-New Captain America. I plan to get as many comics as I can afford that feature Sam Wilson. I think he is a great character and would like to see him return to the Falcon mantle because that is his known and established identity. Though, for however long, I will support him and glad the Winter Soldier movie gave him a bit of a boost in popularity. I am also gearing up for Black Panther, so I've been reading that appreciation thread day after day I just like the debates, discussions, and appreciate for the character. And I hope his popularity grows in the next year, it is really important.

Anyway.
    - Black American
    - Female
    - Adult
    - I like drawing, reading, and writing (when possible). I am signed up to various sites, though my username has been hijacked quite a lot over the years, so I hope you don't fall for these mistaken identities.

Hello, all!

I'm Ken, I'm 40, and I live in northern Norway. The nearest comic book shop is a seven-hour train ride away. I welcome your sympathy.

(The upside is that whenever I visit a town with a comic book shop, I have an excellent excuse for binge shopping!)

I'm mostly into Marvel, but have been broadening my horizons the past few years, and have been reading some DC and Image titles as well. I'll read anything by Straczynski, Bendis or Grant Morrison.

Not sure how much I'll be posting, but I've been lurking around here for several months now, and was starting to feel like a creep. Which I hope I'm not.

Hey everyone!

My name is Kate. I'm 27 and from a teeny-tiny town in Georgia that is home to TWO comic book shops. I wandered into one of them almost two years ago and haven't looked back since. I mostly read Marvel, but I've recently added a few DC titles to the mix. I'm excited to learn more and hopefully add to my box.
    Last edited by KatieKaBoom; 04-19-2015 at 04:47 PM. Reason: It's too embarrassing.

Because comics matter cambrian1's Avatar

Hello, my name is Matt. I'm a 26 year old from Massachusetts and I was introduced to the world of comics through the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Batman TAS (of course), and a little comic by Adam Warren called Empowered which I will defend to my dying day as one of the greatest comic books ever written.

Currently I just discovered Brian K. Vaughan's Saga to which I am hopelessly hooked and I just finished Brain Wood's DMZ.

In the real world I work several jobs as an actor, service employee, and teacher (yes I am very busy). I am also an aspiring comic book writer and I just launched my own web comic The Secret Lives of Villains. It's about a family of supervillains as they go about their daily lives in a city filled with heroes and villains and provides some insight into what REALLY goes on behind the scenes of your favorite super hero comics. If you're interested it can be found on my website http://cambriancomics.com/ .