Page 39 of 92 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cambrian1 View Post
    Currently I just discovered Brian K. Vaughan's Saga to which I am hopelessly hooked
    Check out his other stuff, like Y: The Last Man and Ex Machina.

And welcome to CBR!

Greetings, users,

I've lurked here for five years and finally decided to join since I've rather enjoyed the discussions that go on here -- plus the new forum rules have meant the mods have done a better job of regulating trolls.

In terms of comics, I just read Marvel through Marvel Unlimited. I got in through the first Iron Man movie and have since come to prefer the comics over any of the adaptations. Never been to a comic shop, but there are a few in my city, so I may visit sometime -- just to check it out.

Hello everyone! My name is Kevin, from Indonesia.

I used to mainly read manga and my knowledge about American comics came from Wizard magazine (early 2000s I guess).
    About a year ago i started collecting collected paperbacks and graphic novels.
    Since then, they're growing on me and i look forward to collect them more.
    For now, my favorite reads are Black Science and Saga.

Welcome Kevin! I'm digging both of those as well.

Well since I have an account here now I might as well introduce myself then

I'm 22, I've been interesting in comics for a long time but didn't really get into them (outside of webcomics) until a few years ago in part because cost and because I was to shy of buying them (so instead I would sneakily read them in books store when I though no one was looking, then occurred to me I could buy on-line and now I don't care either way, ah youth). The first series I ever bought was Fables and the first I feel in love with was Locke and Key. My most read publishers is Image though I also read Vertigo , Marvel and little bit of Top Cow and the main DC comics.
    Alas! Most the comics I read are old enough that most comic readers have already read them and aren't talking about them any more.

Ryan Kieser

Hi I'm Ryan, from Cape Town South Africa. I am in my forties and collected for a short time in the early nineties. I got back into comics today actually, bought a few different titles to get a feel for what is out there. So far I am hooked on Crossed. We have two comic shops in the area, which is a major plus.

Cheers

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Welcome to CBR, Ryan and Jellyfish.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

that1dude

Hi everyone! I just recently got into comics about 2 years ago and I've been reading mostly new 52 Aquaman comics and a lot more of the other bigger heroes in DC's universe.

All-New Member

Hi everyone, I just started comics about 6 months ago. Have been illustrating all my life but just started to get into the comic format. Really into graphic novels too, lots of french ones. Looking for advice on webcomics if anyone's got advice / experience.

All-New Member

Hi there. I'm Ivan, a chemist/teacher/science journalist from Moscow, Russia. Mostly indie stuff; prefer DC heroes to Marvel heroes. Any help with the origin of this panel?image.jpg

No idea, but it looks like some stuff's about to go down!

Spectacular Member

Hi, my name is Samuel, I'm here to discuss about my favorite heroes. As I can see lots of interesting persons are here, so it would be a great fun.

All-New Member

Hi CBR, my name is Stefan and I am from the Netherlands. I'm working hard to be a profesional comic artist so I like to draw and to collect documentation as a referent to my work and my website. Its also a dream for me to meet the great artists in America in the company DC Comics and Marvel like Stan Lee or Jim Lee. Its not a son of him isn't it ? (haha)
    Its also a nerdy hobby (well I think everybody has a nerd inside his or her body) to talk about movies from comics and just comics. I just watch the season of the flash and I liked it stil becouse I think Barry is still a superhero when he is the flash.
    I can't wait to see the next season of it. What also stil is a great serie just becouse I like batman too from DC Comics is the Gotham serie. I think somewhere in begin may the new Avengers wil be in the cinema's in Holland so I'll go there too.

I also do go to comic conventions here in Holland. Last one was the first Dutch comiccon ( http://www.dutchcomiccon.com/home ). So that's me! Do somebody has some tips for me becouse I'm new here how to post new topics or messages on the forum here?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bunny; 04-22-2015 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NevznachaY View Post
    Hi there. I'm Ivan, a chemist/teacher/science journalist from Moscow, Russia. Mostly indie stuff; prefer DC heroes to Marvel heroes. Any help with the origin of this panel?image.jpg
    It's from Wolverine #300.
    BB

All-New Member

Thanks a lot!