Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Hello everyone, my names William, I'm happy to be here. My favorite hero is Steve Rogers (I wish he was still the director of SHIELD), my favorite villain is Apocalypse (so excited for the next X-FILM).

Hey everyone!

My name is Jake. I have lurked around here for awhile and finally decided to join. I'm 25 and I grew up around comics. I've read off and on for years but last year I got back in hardcore. I'm mostly a Marvel and indie guy but I've been diving into DC a lot here recently. Glad to be here!

My name is Patrick and I just rediscovered this site after a long absence. I've been collecting comics since the mid 70's when I discovered Marvel comics at the age of five. The two characters that got me hooked were the Hulk and Spidey. I also became a huge Neal Adams fan when I bought Batman #255 and read the werewolf story until the book literally fell to pieces!

Back in the 90's to early 2000's, I had the chance to do some inking for Big Bang Comics, Antarctic Press, and some other small press stuff. Over the past five years, I've been doing freelance commissions, including sketch covers, cover recreations, inking, paintings, etc. I've also been selling comics and related items on ebay for the past 15 years.

It's good to be back on this site again, and I look forward to participating!

Yo.

I'm Kevin, I live in the so-so city of Orlando from the awful state of Florida. I've been collecting since I was 12 and decided to join the CBR community after realizing I have absolutely no person I can talk comics with. I'm 24 now and I'm heavily involved with independent comics, zines, and small press business, though I grew up on Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer.

Uh...

I get paid writing about pop culture and film and hip-hop for a New York-based publication. I freelance for places all over the Internet where I don't see my writing fits on a New York-based publication. I work around Disney and get into the parks for free, I run a clothing company, I'm kinda cool, I guess.

Also, a quote from me is in the back of Ed Piskor's Hip-Hop Family Tree Vol. 2 Hardcover. That's dope, right?

hip hop fam tree.jpg

Hope at least one person confirms they've read this so I'm not some dude in an oversaturated introduction thread.

Greets.

Hiya Kev!

How you been digging the new Silver Surfer series by Slott and Allred?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Hiya Kev!

How you been digging the new Silver Surfer series by Slott and Allred?
    Yes, actually. I'm a big fan of most any Silver Surfer volume I've read!

Hello Nerds!

I'm Aaron, I love Marvel comics especially but dabble in Image and Darkhorse occasionally. I'm a huge Spider-Man fan and a Spider-Lady Lover~!

I also play a lot of games on my 3DS and play League of Legends regularly.

Huge Anime fan as well.

Hello everyone ! I'm Lucas, Biomedical engeneering student from Argentina (also amateur singer).
    I mostly read Marvel, specially X-men titles.
    I recently got into the Avengers because of the movies and Agents of SHIELD, haven't read much of them, except for House of M and AvsX (yeah crossovers with the X-men, Biiig surprise).

Favorite characters : Psylocke, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Apocalypse, Beast.

Hey. I actually joined 2 days ago, but whatever.

I'm a big DC fan, but I still keep up with Marvel and I like their universe better. DC has better stories IMO.

I love silver age stuff.

All-New Member

Hello, I'm 40, and live in Brazil. I am a big DC fan, but I read almost anything that has a good story, and nice art.

Welcome to CBR joemoon!

Quote Originally Posted by joemoon View Post
    I am a big DC fan, but I read almost anything that has a good story, and nice art.
    Well? Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Well? Which is it?
    Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by joemoon View Post
    Hello, I'm 40, and live in Brazil. I am a big DC fan, but I read almost anything that has a good story, and nice art.
    Welcome! I used to live in Brazil in the late 1970s! Learned and lost Portuguese unfortunately as a child. But I do remember comics being everywhere back then and Hanna Barbera (and many others) were on the tv constantly, well right along with soccer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Hi CBR, my name is Stefan and I am from the Netherlands. I'm working hard to be a profesional comic artist so I like to draw and to collect documentation as a referent to my work and my website. Its also a dream for me to meet the great artists in America in the company DC Comics and Marvel like Stan Lee or Jim Lee. Its not a son of him isn't it ? (haha)
    Its also a nerdy hobby (well I think everybody has a nerd inside his or her body) to talk about movies from comics and just comics. I just watch the season of the flash and I liked it stil becouse I think Barry is still a superhero when he is the flash.
    I can't wait to see the next season of it. What also stil is a great serie just becouse I like batman too from DC Comics is the Gotham serie. I think somewhere in begin may the new Avengers wil be in the cinema's in Holland so I'll go there too.

I also do go to comic conventions here in Holland. Last one was the first Dutch comiccon ( http://www.dutchcomiccon.com/home ). So that's me! Do somebody has some tips for me becouse I'm new here how to post new topics or messages on the forum here?
    Hello and welcome! I actually was born in the Netherlands in 1969! I don't think you'll find too many Haitians born in Nijmegen, eh?!
    for posting new threads, go to "home page" under "community," pick a topic, click it (enter that forum) and then click on this button:

CBR.jpg