Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Hi - I'm Brian, new here but have been posting as urko37 over at the comicbooks subReddit for a while. Loved Marvel as a kid, drifted away in the late 80s then came back a few years ago when my kids discovered superheroes. Marvel Now brought me back, but I've gotten event fatigue and am enjoying discovering what Image, Valiant, and Monkeybrain have to offer. I read a wide range, including everything from Spider-Gwen to Madman to Southern Bastards to Quantum and Woody to Letter 44. The list goes on and on and on.

I also co-host what may be the only Spider-Man podcast that doesn't really focus on Peter Parker:

http://www.ultimatespinpodcast.com

We got to interview David Marquez earlier this year and hope to line up some more guests.

Anyway, glad to be here! I enjoy the chat on Reddit, but appreciate the structure of forums and look forward to some good conversations here!

Welcome, Project!

Have you checked out Mike Allred and Dan Slott's curent Silver Surfer series? It's lots of fun, and refreshingly event-free.

Less than knowledgeable. Skornn's Avatar

Hi, I'm Joe, figured I'd introduce myself. I've made a few posts, but just thought I'd let you guys know who I am. I'm a bartender from Ohio, and I'd like to think I'm pretty well informed on many different subjects, but I wouldn't call myself the expert on any, especially not comic books. I do love to talk and learn about comics, and have recently been delving more into that medium for entertainment. I've bought quite a few books lately, including Daredevil, Punisher, and X-Force stories. I like Batman, as well, and X-Men, as well. I'm not very into like Superman or Thor, but Iron-Man and Captain America are also pretty appealing. I used to love the old Hulk TV show as well, and find his story pretty cool, so I'll probably be looking into that more as well. I've been more into manga and anime for a long time, however, than traditional "superhero" type comics, but I just have so many friends and acquaitances who have talked up the medium, that I've grown to really love it and hope to expand my knowledge and palate. I enjoy the grittier stories, and noir like tales, but I am a huge fan of cheesy action movies, especially 80's Stallone, Swarznegger, Lundgren, etc. type films, so a comic like X-Force series 1, with its cheesiness, big costumes, and outrageous powers, mixed in with a bunch one-liners, is just super appealing and enjoyable for me, so I've been digging into that with a light heart and it's been enjoyable.

I'm glad to be here, though, and its nice to meet you all.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Welcome to the mad house newbies

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Welcome to the CBR, new members!
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

hey guys, just got back into comic book reading hopefully will get some recommendations n poop.

Lots of recommendations in this thread already! Not so much poop, though.

What are you into?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Lots of recommendations in this thread already! Not so much poop, though.

What are you into?
    hey don't knock poop man.

i recently read (and enjoyed) the red lanterns series, thanos rising, runaways, deadpool vs cable, batman beyond, and batmanga.
    anything along those lines would be dope.

Quote Originally Posted by mhmtlaflare View Post
    hey don't knock poop man.

i recently read (and enjoyed) the red lanterns series, thanos rising, runaways, deadpool vs cable, batman beyond, and batmanga.
    anything along those lines would be dope.
    Hmm. Let's see...Brian K. Vaughan wrote Runaways. I highly recommend other comics he's written - Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, and Saga.

I haven't read any of the rest, so can't really help you with anything similar I'm afraid.

rainbowbaggins

Hello and thank you for having me in your forum. My name is Deborah and I live in the capital city of Canada, Ottawa.

I love comics but it is very difficult to find any good sites such as this one online.

Once again, thanks and I look forward to being here.

Hiya Deborah!

What comics are you enjoying at the moment?

Hey, my name is Laney and I'm all that.

Good for you!

All-New Member

Hello I'm ultrathanamine and I'm glad to be among comic book enthusiasts and fans of heroes great and small. I actually signed up as part of my mission to spread the word about Kinsman and the company that gave him life, I'd pay a dollar to see that.com. I hope that is alright to do here! I figured that it would be because Kinsman has the potential to be the most inspirational super hero EVER! All he needs is some support from some of us big kids! (18- 70 years of age)

codec1610

Hello my name is blank i am from Dallas,Texas. I love marvel comics and im a huge fanboy of them. i also read image and a very small amount of dc (its never really interest me like marvel has). I don't watch the walking dead but i do read the comics, i love game of thrones as well. i watch every comic book movie even if i dont like the characters or the director. i hope to find marvel fanboys like myself on here as well as others.