Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Feralchemy

Hello everyone! My name is Mark, I'm 31, and I kinda just started reading comics.

I dabbled here and there with comic books growing up. I was blessed to have a stash of old, old comics from many sources as a small child. I thumbed through the occasional ancient X-Men or ye olde Batman but ever really got way into comics. Even at the height of my X-Mania in elementary school, where I was trading X-Men trading cards like my life depended on it, I never really got deep into the print. When I was in high school I wandered into a local comic store and started reading manga and anthropomorphic indies but that's pretty much where my interest ended.

Many, many years later I am now a husband living in California. I have spent over half a decade working for Disney and have devoted most of my leisure time to playing video games and watching tokusatsu and now a new spark of interest towards superhero comics has... Um... Sparked inside me. I swung into the local comic shop near my apartment and found that there were a bunch of new stories starting up. I've always had an interest in the universe surrounding Batman and DC in general, so I picked up some stuff that looked interesting to me.

So far I've really been enjoying the new Batgirl, Gotham Academy, and I picked up the #1's of Robin: Son of Batman as well as Starfire. I'm excited to start my new adventure into comics and even more excited to start meeting fun folks on this forum!

Sorry if the post kinda rambles terribly. I make sloppy internets

Hello CBR Community!

I am Will and I am 27 years old and I always loved super heroes and was a avid watcher of the 90's Spider Man, X-Men, Ninja Turtles, and Batman cartoon shows. I got into comics during my teenage years around 18-19. I am an aspiring filmmaker, (films like Jurassic Park inspired me to want to make movies) I like taking hikes, photography, HUGE NFL football fan ( Go Eagles) NBA, WWE, UFC, video games and just hanging with friends and having a good time. I also post over on the Super Hero Hype message boards (but currently kinda out with that site due to the community). But if any other people from that site are here, feel free to say Hi.

Greetings!

I've been following comics for years, and I've talked often about getting into them more, but I'm finally doing so. This can most likely be attributed to the All-New All-Different Marvel launching this fall as I'm extremely excited for Amazing Spider-Man and Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D. On the DC side of things I picked up Green Lantern #41 today and loved it. I've also recently discovered The Hypernaturals, which where my namesake comes from. Maybe I'll eventually have an avatar of him as well.

I'm also a lifelong fan of both Ghostbusters and Star Wars, a brony, and a huge fan of the Wii U. Currently addicted to Splatoon, it's eating up almost all of my free time.

Glad to meet everyone!

Greetings, Todd here from the Chicagoland suburbs. I read DC almost exclusively because I feel they have more intriguing villains/anti-heroes and a more compelling cast of mystical and occult characters/teams. I dig characters like Deathstroke, Deadshot, Black Adam, Sinestro, Larfleeze, Constantine, Dr. Fate, and Justice League Dark. I Can't wait for Dark Universe!

With that being said, I do like some Marvel back issues and I'm probably the world's only Doctor Druid fan. He's great when written properly ( e.g. Roger Stern's Monster Hunters ). I could easily get sucked back into Marvel if they did any of the following things...

1. Put a title like Weird Wonder Tales back in rotation. I loved that hint of horror and pulp fiction feel.
    2. Do more retro adventures with teams like the Monster Hunters.
    3. Bring back Doctor Druid and write him like he's supposed to be written; a mystic and well respected occult investigator/telepath... Not the Avenger's version of a half assed Charles Xavier that nobody likes.
    4. Give Druid's son ( from Secret Warriors ) a little time under the sun.

Glad to be here
    Last edited by Doctor Druid; 07-08-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Howdy! Ollie from Tupelo, Ms... Birthplace of Elvis Presley.

I haven't posted in the forums in a L-OOONG time. I used to post daily as "Phoney Bone"... mainly in Gail Simone's group.... in the days before Facebook when the world was flat. It fells strange going from being a Senior Member the last time I posted to a Newbie, but, I kinda dig it!

I don't read many new comics. My passion is trying to complete a run of Marvel, DC, Charlton, Harvey, Archie and Gold Key comics from 1977-1986.

Yup... I'm an old geezer.
    Last edited by Ollie Burcham; 07-09-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Welcome all, and nice introductory stories.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Hi I'm TigerRavioli and I like Superheroes

My favorite comics are Megaman Archie,Megaman/Sonic Crossover Worlds Collide and Worlds Unite,Spiderman And The Xmen,Power Pack,Lots of Deadpool stuff,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Howard The Duck,Guarding The Globe,Invincible Universe,Plasticman,Metal Men,and Convergence Shazam

I also like anime/manga,video games like Capcom Fighting Games,American cartoons,and Tokutatsu
    Last edited by TigerRavioli; 07-11-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Hi TigerRavioli! I wonder if you could do us a favour and put spaces after your commas? It'd make your posts ever so much more readable. Thanks!

I love this username.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Hello...Invisible here, aka Mat

lurker of CBR because the news here seems to be always credible, not buying monthlies at present, but typically reading Spider-Man, Flash, Rat Queens, and whatever catches my eye

big fan of Flash and Arrow on CW, Supernatural, Doctor Who, soccer, baseball, and hockey

I have a roommate and two cats

also tacos

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Hello...Invisible here, aka Mat

lurker of CBR because the news here seems to be always credible, not buying monthlies at present, but typically reading Spider-Man, Flash, Rat Queens, and whatever catches my eye

big fan of Flash and Arrow on CW, Supernatural, Doctor Who, soccer, baseball, and hockey

I have a roommate and two cats

also tacos
    Enjoy posting here.,

BANNED

After reading some of the posts here, how I wish I have posted here to introduce myself too.

I know it isn't too late to introduce myself but it just feels awkward if I would.

Jotaro

Hello everyone.

I'm brand new here to the CBR Community. I been looking for a new forum to sign up on for some time and this place seems to be very active and a perfect place for me to join.

I am 33 years old and from Norway. The kinds of I like reading Spider-Man, TMNT, Deadpool, Spawn, Hellboy, but I don't read many new comics like current.

As for both anime and manga I like Trigun, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach, and Azumanga Daioh, I have a bit more that I haven't listed but mostly I like watching classic anime.

Also I like videogames, WWE, novels and martial arts.

zealotjewelry

Hello, My name is Neb. I love Marvel and DC comics. I also enjoy Star Wars and Game of Thrones! I own a Fanatic shop (ZealotJewelry.com) that makes fanatic rings, you can customize it to your favorite character as well! Besides those, I enjoy traveling and would like to go to Comic Con, well hopefully next year lol!

Hi, I'm a 26 years old wannabe comic book author. I live in France (was born there too in fact). My first comics are franco-belgian ones (they count right ?) like Astérix, Tintin, the Smurf and Lanfeust. My american comics years came later, I guess I'm more of a DC fan, I especially read Batman (year one, dark knight returns) and Catwoman by Brubacker. I also like Hellboy, well I have a lot of stuff to sum up (comics, franco belgian BD, manga).

I also like the DC animated movies (red hood, dark kngiht, recently God and monsters) and secretly hope that MArvel could do exciting ones too (I like spiderman, x men, hulk and daredevil).
    As for the live action movie : the burton's batman, spiderman 1 and 2, the dark knight, captain america (both), watchmen and man of steel (don't kill me so soon for that please) and I'm very excited about the upcoming ones too.

that should sum up my taste !

I stumbled upon CBR doing research to promote a project of digital comic book I'm in (that's why my first post is a shameless self promotion, sorry for that !)