Page 47 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Greetings, and welcome to all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
    Well, I suppose I should tell you some of my other interests...
    I am a fan of comics from all parts of the world. British, US, Manga, it doesn't matter to me. All that really matters to me is quality!
    Hi L.
    I define how much I like a comic on joy factor, regardless of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by iSren2.48™ View Post
    Well, for years I've been reading One Piece, a Japanese comic. Still reading it. Just avoiding Japanese animes, and watching Batman, Superman and other MARVEL movies. I never read any comic by DC or MARVEL. I looked at those new 52 DC comics and they got me interested. Over 50 volumes of the new 52 DC comics in my wish list at Amazon. Planning to buy them soon.
    A brother, from the Arabian Gulf region.
    شرفتنا بوجودك يا ابا علي

Quote Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
    Casshern here from TX. Sparked up my need for comics when I introduced them to my kids. I gave them some for their collections as starters and then started off searching for more. I'm not a NM type guy, I just like having the issues so long as they are decent copies. I like the smell of old comics. Glad I finally found a place like this. Nothing like it back when I was collecting.
    What's NM?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-12-2015 at 11:42 AM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

All-New Member

Default Hello all!

Hello CBR Community! My name's Crow, and I joined the forum because I want to discuss comics, discuss manga, and share my project with you all. I hope to meet new people here, and I look forward to my stay. Thank you.

Base

Hi folks, just saying hello before heading off to explore the many threads on here. Glad to have found such a cool place and looking forward to staying a while

Quote Originally Posted by Whitecrow View Post
    Hello CBR Community! My name's Crow, and I joined the forum because I want to discuss comics, discuss manga, and share my project with you all. I hope to meet new people here, and I look forward to my stay. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    Hi folks, just saying hello before heading off to explore the many threads on here. Glad to have found such a cool place and looking forward to staying a while
    Welcome to the forums!

Hello, name's Nitmo but outside of the internet, I'm known as Justin. I've been posting off and on CBR since before vBulletin.

Many here know and loathe me already

My posts do tend to be short.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-23-2015 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Don't start

Welcome.
    @Crow: manga are comics too.
    @Nitmo: I won't hate you.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

All-New Member Superior Spider-Man's Avatar

Greetings all.

My name is Bill and I hail from Dallas TX.

My primary collecting focus is Silver Age Spidey's and Pre-Code Horror/Crime/Sci-Fi/Fantasy etc...

My reading focus is pretty much indie stuff from Image.

- cheers

Hi there,

my name is 1.21, I am 25 and I am from Germany.

Since childhood I played video games based on comics and watched movies based on comics, but besides Disney comics and french/belgian comics in my early childhood (mainly Asterix) I never really read comics. Comic fandom in Germany always was a niche thing and just boomed a few years ago when the movies based on comics boomed too. I started with the Walking Dead comic a few years ago because I liked the TV series. I am still reading that and I also read different comics, graphic novels and manga.

I registered here because I wanted to join a community where people can recommend me new reading material

Nickomancer

I've been collecting comics since the 1980s and I still have pretty much all of them. I'm due for a purge. I like a variety of comics, numerous styles, American, European, manga/manhua/manwha, whatever.

Lately I've been bored of superheroes and been getting more Indie stuff than I used to. Anything Hellboy-verse, Invincible, Low, Trees, Gotham Academy, Batgirl, and whatever else catches my fancy.

Read CBR on/off for years, just never bothered to join forums. Giving it a try.

Nick

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Hello all, GreenLanternRanger here. Long time reader of CBR but first time poster.

I've been reading comics since 1998 but only started seriously collecting back in 2011. I'm a big fan of DC Comics and other then that im a fan of Power Rangers, Star Trek and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Currently one of my favorite books is the Green Lantern/Star Trek Crossover mini-series. I've also been enjoying Action Comics and the various Green Lantern books.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickomancer View Post
    I've been collecting comics since the 1980s and I still have pretty much all of them. I'm due for a purge. I like a variety of comics, numerous styles, American, European, manga/manhua/manwha, whatever.

Lately I've been bored of superheroes and been getting more Indie stuff than I used to. Anything Hellboy-verse, Invincible, Low, Trees, Gotham Academy, Batgirl, and whatever else catches my fancy.

Read CBR on/off for years, just never bothered to join forums. Giving it a try.

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Hello all, GreenLanternRanger here. Long time reader of CBR but first time poster.

I've been reading comics since 1998 but only started seriously collecting back in 2011. I'm a big fan of DC Comics and other then that im a fan of Power Rangers, Star Trek and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Currently one of my favorite books is the Green Lantern/Star Trek Crossover mini-series. I've also been enjoying Action Comics and the various Green Lantern books.
    Welcome to the forums!

Hi, I'm kinda new, but not very new. I just haven't posted a whole lot. I'm a cartoonist by nature, but always trying to make it my career. Comic books is how I learned to read, and I've been an avid collector over time. My Dad was into cartooning, and was even published many times in the military newspapers back in the 80's. My main comic series I'm doing is called "Spaceheads". It's really funny, enjoyable, and new episodes are constantly coming out. If you care to take a look and see what this delightful comic is about click on the link... www.spaceheadscomics.blogspot.com
    Spaceheads: A comic strip series about epic outer space adventures containing hilarious situations. Join Zork, Mack, Crunk, and Mouse as they solve their problems one screw up at a time!

Hiya all! I am Valamist, a wanabe writer from jolly old England, and I have been reading/collecting Marvel comics for... nine months.

I suppose I should explain. Before January this year, I had never read a Marvel comic before. My childhood had given me an appreciation of Marvel thanks to the X-Men/Spider-Man 90’s cartoons, but for some reason I never really went out and tried a comic (Perhaps because I live in the middle of nowhere…) Recently however, my interest in the universe had been rekindled by the MCU films and, most importantly, a MMO game called Marvel Heroes. I became rather addicted to this game, which features lodes of Marvel characters I had never even heard of. One of those characters was a hero called Squirrel Girl, who I grew to love just because it was so refreshing to see a character that was just good old fun, rather than dark and gritty.

Then, at the start of this year, I found a charming little comic book store in my local town and there, looking at me on a stand, was a copy of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1. Having really enjoyed her character in-game, I decided ‘Why not try it?’ Now, nine months later, I am addicted to comic book reading. I just love the world of Marvel and there characters and thanks to Marvel Unlimited have read hundreds of past comics. Squirrel Girl remains my favourite character, with Angela at second and Howard the Duck third!

Oh, and some other random facts about me: - I love Doctor Who. I adore anything in the gothic/horror/fantasy/LGBT romance genre. My favourite author is Virginia Woolf. I have two cats, nine tarantulas and four snakes as pets.

Sorry of that was long winded off me!

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I have two cats, nine tarantulas and four snakes as pets.
    Wait wait wait...you have cats? Gross.

Hello everyone. Geez. I haven't genuinely been interested in forum posting since I was in junior high. Kinda excited to see how this goes.

So yea I'm Some Guy. I'm 20-thing years old. I have always liked anything that would stereotypically fall under "nerdy" though I had only ever read a few comics when I became interested in on-going series thanks to Superior Spider-Man. This year I bought an iPad and really started diving in. Used Marvel Unlimited to read the entire Ultimate universe. Dang was that ride. Enjoyed almost every minute. And since then I've been diving right into catching up on Marvel NOW and I'm super pumped for the All-New All-Different relaunch. I'll be following 25 series. I'm trying to learn all the different writer and artist names and trying to support many of them in their creator owned efforts as well. Not sure who my favorites are yet, but Al Ewing seems to be currently impressing me the most with his ability to flesh out characters who were previously forgotten or just there as wallpaper. Big fan of Camuncoli's pencils too.

So yea. Hi! I hope to be a quality member.