Page 48 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Hi guy!

If you liked Ultimate Spider-Man (and let's face it, who wouldn't? Fools and communists, that's who), check out Bendis's creator-owned series Powers.

Hickman's Manhattan Projects is some wacked-out craziness, and Remender is killing it with Black Science.

Marvel Lous

HI cbr community. I am Louis, 12 yrs old from Marvel country. I just started reading Marvel comics. Marvel comics are marvellous.Love them.
    Spiderman is my hero. I also enjoy drawing apart from comics.

Marvel country sounds like a dangerous place to live.

Hi all. I'm glad to be back after a few years away. I don't even remember what my username was (SuperheroViolinist I think), but I'm way past due to get back on here.

Looking forward to getting back into the comics discussion!

VG

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Hi guy!

If you liked Ultimate Spider-Man (and let's face it, who wouldn't? Fools and communists, that's who), check out Bendis's creator-owned series Powers.

Hickman's Manhattan Projects is some wacked-out craziness, and Remender is killing it with Black Science.
    Seriously though. Reading Ultimate Spidey was a major life event. Burned through it all in a couple months when life was less than stellar earlier this year and damn was that a good decision.

Got the first trade for Powers. Really really liked it. As a pretty big fan of decompression, I can't help to love most of what Bendis does. Obviously artists are so incredibly important for parts without dialogue, but regardless Bendis is a pro at the subtle character interactions.

Will definitely check out those other two. Was absolutely blown away by both their Avengers runs. Speaking of, what the heck happened with AXIS? Did Marvel get in the way of Remender writing a good story? Or did he just totally drop the ball on that one? I was surprised by the totally different tone and dialogue shift from Uncanny Avengers to AXIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Seriously though. Reading Ultimate Spidey was a major life event. Burned through it all in a couple months when life was less than stellar earlier this year and damn was that a good decision.
    I read the first hundred or so issues over a weekend a few years back. Damn, Bendis put that kid through some stuff!

Got the first trade for Powers. Really really liked it. As a pretty big fan of decompression, I can't help to love most of what Bendis does. Obviously artists are so incredibly important for parts without dialogue, but regardless Bendis is a pro at the subtle character interactions.
    If you haven't read his Daredevil run, DO IT. NOW. And keep going with Powers, it's brilliant.

Will definitely check out those other two. Was absolutely blown away by both their Avengers runs. Speaking of, what the heck happened with AXIS? Did Marvel get in the way of Remender writing a good story? Or did he just totally drop the ball on that one? I was surprised by the totally different tone and dialogue shift from Uncanny Avengers to AXIS.
    Can't help you man, I don't think I read any of that. I tend to gravitate towards the smaller, self-contained Marvel titles that just sit over in the corner doing their own thing, staying out of the endless procession of Big Events.

Hey, I'm not really new. I was here ages ago, and now I'm back. My Name/Avatar is TVs Frank in super-garb from an MST3K ep, I figured it would be a fun name, a way to combine my two entertainment obsessions.
    Last edited by Doughy Man!; 09-26-2015 at 04:21 AM.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Hey everybody!

I too am not really new. But whatever. I'm Odd Rödney, been posting 'round here since 2004. Used to go by Arrjay, when the great reboot happened I became Anxiety Lad. But not anymore.

I read a whole bunch of Marvel stuff, mainly X-Men, though I do read some Batman stuff and some indies too. Been reading comics since I was a kid. I love them to the point that I started a Graphic Novel book club at the library I work at. I also love music and play guitar, preferably really loud.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 12-16-2022 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Long Ago User...

Hi, I'm not new. Using one of my old names. Recognize some of you, but man! This place has changed a lot! O.O Reason I left was basically, life. And I stopped, again, reading comics for a few years to catch up with myself. But now, things have kinda settled and I'm back into comics so, here I am, I guess.

Spectacular Member

Greetings all,

Im 48 years old, had stopped reading comics about 30 years ago, but was always a DC fan and kept up with the multimedia efforts of DC (i.e. smallville, the movies etc etc). An autistic daughter found myself at a local comic shop where she was involved in a Pokemon card league where I would peruse things on a weekly basis. Both Batman and Green Lantern seemed to have enormous complexities involved to their story telling across multiple books and unfortunately, I was never terribly impressed to recent Superman efforts. I found myself enoying titles like Flash, Green Arrow and the now defunct Supergirl.

Long story short, I recently got back into straight purchasing and enjoying comics again, but as with the above mention concerns, in addition to multiple reboots of the universe I wondered where to start. Ive always been a golden age fan and appreciative of the historical impact of Batman and Superman, so that was my approach to getting back into comics. Surprisingly, I found a new version of Dr. Fate and the Spectre, I started there. Then We are Robin, a book that reminds us of the importance of the sidekick (going back to an autistic daughter, theres an even longer story there. See Ron Suskind's Life Animated:A Story of Sidekicks, Heroes, and Autism) and Robin's historic lineage. I was back in Gotham and have slowly begun to trickle into that complex math of Batman books. The new DC You has started a lot of series from scratch, i.e. Doomed occurring in Metropolis where I have discovered that Superman is once again the traditional Champion of the Oppressed as Siegel originally described him.

At this point, I'm settling on my favorites, but luckily I have just enough in the way of finances that DC in its entirety is on my pull list.

Cheers,
    Brad

Greetings bholderman! Welcome to CBR!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 12-08-2021 at 05:00 AM.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

All-New Member

Hey all,

I'm a 28 year old dude who got back into DC/Marvel about three years ago. Looking forward to sharing opinions in a respectful way and...

Wait... this is the internet, isn't it?

Sorry, forget I spoke.

Hello.

I recently began my third foray into comics. My first experience was mid-eighties to early nineties Marvel, followed by a brief return (cut short by college) in 1996 for Heroes Reborn. This summer I bought my ticket to Ant-Man via Fandango and received six free Marvel digital comics. That led to a Marvel Unlimited subscription, jumping into the start of Secret Wars, subscribing to a couple of podcasts, and then exploring other non-Marvel books.

I'm looking forward to the start of ANAD Marvel this week, as well as a bunch of recent Image books that I'd like to read. My current struggle is deciding whether to buy single issues or trade wait. Any thoughts on that, or other beginning guidance, is appreciated. Thanks,

Eidur

I'm trades (or HCs) only these days. It's more cost-effective, and you can read a bigger chunk of story at a time.

BANNED

Hey CBR!

Not much to say about myself...I'm 18-years-old, really into old horror movies and comics! I mostly trade-wait for stuff since I always tend to buy too many issues whenever I'm at the LCBS. But I'm a really big fan of the Angel & Buffy comics, Batman, the Walking Dead (the only comic I buy by the issue) , Lucifer, and Hellblazer.

I'm also a HUGE fan of the TV show Millenium, as anyone who has seen the show can tell. For anyone who hasn't seen it and likes horror/supernatural crime dramas, I suggest giving it a try! It's awesome! And it's a sister-show to the X-Files, which is another awesome show that I just finished recently.

I don't really go to forums that much, but a friend recommended this place to me. What are some good sub-forums to check out based on my interests? Appreciate the assistance and look forward to chatting with you all!