Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Hey.

Just another Canuck hanging out here. Name is Andrew. Been a long-time lurker, but have had little time and even less incentive to post.

Work in communications and have been an avid comic reader since I was a kid, starting with Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck comics. Graduated into others in the 80's including the multitude of Spidey titles and then into the TMNT.

Today? I still follow Spidey's adventures, and love me some IDW titles including Samurai Jack, TMNT and TMNT minis etc., and Transformers (both titles plus minis). Planning on a couple of upcoming Image titles and I avoid DC like the plague.

Have a great spouse and three offspring of varying ages, all of whom read comics, love movies and generally are cool people.

Really like good wine and craft beer. Tend to cheer for/pity San Diego sports teams. Travelled a lot and I tend to spell Canadian.

Cheers all.

I'm Tami, about to turn 50 and from New Jersey. Been watching Saturday Morning cartoons since the days of Scooby Doo and the Jackson Five (since I was a kid) and started collecting comic books when I got to college. Currently unemployed due to family issues, hopefully that will change eventually. I spend most of my time on Rumblers, discovered forum when I was doing an online search for anything to do with Ranma 1/2. Been a CBR/Rumbler since November 2004 (Nearly 10 years). Into Anime and Manga as well as Marvel Comics and Fantasy/SciFi fiction.

Oh and I'm married to a wonderful Husband who supports my interests and who is into Web Comics and Graphics arts himself.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-01-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm Tami, about to turn 50 and from New Jersey. Been watching Saturday Morning cartoons since the days of Scooby Doo and the Jackson Five (since I was a kid) and started collecting comic books when I got to college. Currently unemployed due to family issues, hopefully that will change eventually. I spend most of my time on Rumblers, discovered forum when I was doing an online search for anything to do with Ranma 1/2. Been a CBR/Rumbler since November 2004 (Nearly 10 years). Into Anime and Manga as well as Marvel Comics and Fantasy/SciFi fiction.

Oh and I'm married to a wonderful Husband who supports my interests and who is into Web Comics and Graphics arts himself.
    Wow, didn't know you about 50. And you're married too? Damn, and here I am harboring a bit of a crush on you. But alas, it would seem that all the good ones really are taken.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Hello. I am Brian, about to turn 30 this year. I live in South Carolina and I am a author. Of many things, comic books, songs, child's books, more fiction, and even games.

I love RPGs to death really. And as for comic books? Depends. A lot of good stories despite the company in question. One of my favs is "The Goon" due to the humor and sometimes seriousness in it.

But yeha I am trying to get my stuff published, aside that I work odd jobs to make money to get by, and just going with the flow.

Mighty Member

Hi. Torrance. Pushing 40. Trying to cut down on spending but comics and manga still call to me....

Yes, old-school Claremont is what sucked me into this entire habit. Pretty wide range of things I read when I can but I am not giving DC any more money until they get sane editors.
    Last edited by heretic; 05-01-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Wow, didn't know you about 50. And you're married too? Damn, and here I am harboring a bit of a crush on you. But alas, it would seem that all the good ones really are taken.
    Your making me blush. I like you too, we have had a lot of fun online together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Your making me blush. I like you too, we have had a lot of fun online together.
    We have, haven't we? And I'm happy to have you as a friend, if only online.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Hey everyone I'm NeonRiderAryeh, I'm an 18 year old guy and from the UK
    I'm a brand new member. I've been lurking and reading threads on here for like a couple years but never signed up. I decided with the reboot, that now would be a good time. Less intimidating, I guess :P
    I've been buying comics for almost three years maybe. Though before that for years I would read wiki articles and stuff about comics and characters from them so I didn't start reading without any background knowledge.
    My favourite hero is Supergirl.
    I buy DC and Marvel stuff but I've also bought a couple things from IDW before too.
    and for those who don't want to like me, I'll say that I prefer the new Wally. Sorry folks! xD

I'm Dom, 21 years old, from Scotland. I like reading the ol' funny books. I love DnA Cosmic Marvel, Daredevil, everything about the DC Universe, Fatale, Hellboy and the BPRD, etc. Usually post on /co/ but decided it'd be nice to post somewhere with a name for once. See you around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    We have, haven't we? And I'm happy to have you as a friend, if only online.
    I feel the same way, and not just you but all my friends on the CBR.

Hey, I'm Froggy, 24 and a person who works in education. I first got into comics through this like bigass Spiderman trade my cousin gave me that I read until it fell apart, which was a sad day.

I tried the nu52 for static,grifter, stormwatch and Grant Morrison's action comics. Unfortunately they canned three of the titles I listed. Currently I read east of west, Bedlam, Godzilla and assorted other titles

I lurk all over generally and I'm pretty amiable or so I've been told.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Hello,
    I am emac1790. (real name censored for your protection) A 42 year old man born in Manhattan, raised and currently living in the Boogie Down Bronx. I grew up around comics, as my Father was a big time Silver-Age Marvel fan. His collection of 60s/early 70s FF, Thor, Silver Surfer, Namor, and Doc Strange comics were the first ones I started reading. My favorite superheroes are Spider-Man and Batman. The way I started on them were from TV (Electric Company, Adam West Batman).

I don't buy comics are much as I used to. The price is not a problem (yet), the problem is it seems like the same plots and stories over and over again. Hopefully, things will get better.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

All-New Member

I'm an Australian with an alledgedly OK demenor.

Hi, all! I'm Beverly Allen, 71, from Massachusetts. Besides comics, I like to read mysteries and fantasy fiction, write poetry and play the flute. I've been trying to set my own poems to music; my secret ambition is to play 4-part harmony all by myself a la Willie the Whale.

I'm obsessed with getting justice and redemption for Madelyne Pryor, but other than that I'm mostly rational. I codenamed myself for her healer identity back in happier times; I wonder how many newer/younger X-fans even know about that part of her life.

My favorite DC characters are James Jesse, whom I'd love to see as an earthbound ghost tricking bad guys to earn his place in heaven; the current Dex-Starr, whom I want to see avenge his human's murder; and--my very fave--the Silver Age Dr. Terrence Thirteen and his wife Marie. I'm trying to like the current Terry, but for me he just doesn't feel complete without the woman his original self loved. If I can't have the Silver Age couple back, the next best thing would be if DC lets the new Terry meet a new Marie, and they feel as if they'd known each other all their lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Hey, I'm Froggy, 24 and a person who works in education. I first got into comics through this like bigass Spiderman trade my cousin gave me that I read until it fell apart, which was a sad day.

I tried the nu52 for static,grifter, stormwatch and Grant Morrison's action comics. Unfortunately they canned three of the titles I listed. Currently I read east of west, Bedlam, Godzilla and assorted other titles

I lurk all over generally and I'm pretty amiable or so I've been told.
    Hey, Froggy! Do you know how to retrieve the Wild West RPG signup thread? I'd hate to lose the game at this point.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 05-01-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Hi, all! I'm Beverly Allen, 71, from Massachusetts. Besides comics, I like to read mysteries and fantasy fiction, write poetry and play the flute. I've been trying to set my own poems to music; my ambition is to play 4-part harmony all by myself a la Willie the Whale--only with my flute instead of vocals.

I'm obsessed with getting justice and redemption for Madelyne Pryor, but other than that I'm mostly rational. My favorite DC characters are Dex-Starr and Dr. Thirteen; I want to see the former avenged upon his human's killer, and the latter reunited with his Silver-age wife Marie.

Hey, Froggy! Do you know how to retrieve the Wild West RPG signup thread? I'd hate to lose the game at this point.
    Actually yeah I do, and I pm'ed you about it buddy