Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yojimbo View Post
    Thanks for both your statements

Glad to find some other Usagi's fans.
    Makes me glad, too. On the old Bendis boards, I was known as usagi20.

Cool I am Comics

Hello, my name is Ismael, I'm a comic book artist since 2010, I started in 2015 a new youtube channel, please feel welcome to take a visit: https://www.youtube.com/user/IamComics80

My hobbies are calisthenics, running, reading fantasy novels, and listening music, specially 70's progressive rock.

I'm somewhat stubborn in a discussion but I LOVE to have a good conversation, see you!
    burrogris_ep001_portada_v2.jpg

BANNED

Hello I'm Ramior...

I have nothing else to say, bye.

Hi my name is Nathan i'm 28 and from Australia. Got back into comics about 5 years ago. I was a marvel kid back in the 90's but now am really into batman. I pretty much exclusively buy tpb. I'm really getting into image comics as well and bought my first daredevil tpb.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noob_Nathan View Post
    Hi my name is Nathan i'm 28 and from Australia. Got back into comics about 5 years ago. I was a marvel kid back in the 90's but now am really into batman. I pretty much exclusively buy tpb. I'm really getting into image comics as well and bought my first daredevil tpb.
    Both the Man of Steel and Batman Begins movies really helped bring me over into the DC camp, after a youth spent exclusively in the Marvel universe. Now I realize that things had to work this way; see, now I can enjoy an entirely fresh foray into a new universe, during my middle age no less!

Unwanted by the Bureau spookymulder's Avatar

Hi! I'm a 30 year old Scotsman who has just recently got back into comics, mostly thanks to the All New All Different Marvel universe. As well as Marvel stuff, picked up the #1s of The Steam Man, Limbo, Saints and Black Magick. Was blown away by the scope of Monstress this past Wednesday!

Looking for some advice on classic story arcs/characters as well as some hidden gems that might not be so well known. I prefer the sci-fi/fantasy side of things as opposed to horror/crime but I'm open to suggestions.

Outside of comics, I like binge watching tv shows, collecting vinyl and playing bass. Looking forward to getting involved in some heated discussion!

G'day Nathan!

If you're in the Melbourne area, check out All Star Comics, 53 Queen St. They are the BEST.

Which DD did you get?

*Wrong formatting sorry guys*
    Last edited by Noob_Nathan; 11-13-2015 at 10:22 PM.

*Wrong formatting sorry guys!*

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    Both the Man of Steel and Batman Begins movies really helped bring me over into the DC camp, after a youth spent exclusively in the Marvel universe. Now I realize that things had to work this way; see, now I can enjoy an entirely fresh foray into a new universe, during my middle age no less!
    It's great hey! I got into batman after begins too. I love how dark and broody batman is, i relate to those aspects of the character. I haven't yet dived into superman yet, i really want to but i dunno where to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    G'day Nathan!

If you're in the Melbourne area, check out All Star Comics, 53 Queen St. They are the BEST.

Which DD did you get?
    Hey Spike! I'm from the best coast (West coast) of Australia but i am heading to melbourne end of the month for a wedding so i will def hit up ASC! Thanks so much for the tip! I got Born again im a big fan of millers batman run and with the netflix show i've been really wanting to delve into the DD character.

Hey Spike! I'm from the best coast (West coast) of Australia but i am heading to melbourne end of the month for a wedding so i will def hit up ASC! Thanks so much for the tip!
    Excellent!

I got Born again im a big fan of millers batman run and with the netflix show i've been really wanting to delve into the DD character.
    That's a great place to start. The original issues of Born Again were actually my first Daredevil comics. From there, check out the older Frank Miller stories, and the excellent Brian Michael Bendis/Alex Maleev run (the Wilson Fisk in the Netflix series is very influenced by Bendis' interpretation). The current (just finished) Mark Waid run has been pretty great, too. And we're about to get a new series, written by Charles Soule. If his treatment of Matt Murdock in his recent She-Hulk series is any indication, we're in for some good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    That's a great place to start. The original issues of Born Again were actually my first Daredevil comics. From there, check out the older Frank Miller stories, and the excellent Brian Michael Bendis/Alex Maleev run (the Wilson Fisk in the Netflix series is very influenced by Bendis' interpretation). The current (just finished) Mark Waid run has been pretty great, too. And we're about to get a new series, written by Charles Soule. If his treatment of Matt Murdock in his recent She-Hulk series is any indication, we're in for some good stuff.
    Man thats so cool, what a great start to get into the character. Did you keep the original issues? Thanks for the tips! I will definitely be getting some more daredevil trade paperbacks. I'm a mad Kevin Smith fanboy what do you think of his Guardian Devil run? Worth a pick up?

Man thats so cool, what a great start to get into the character. Did you keep the original issues?
    Yeah, I still have them.

I'm a mad Kevin Smith fanboy what do you think of his Guardian Devil run? Worth a pick up?
    I haven't read it.

Hi, you guys can call me Marshal for short if you want. I'm a Christian, a gamer, and a Marvel fan! Unfortunately I've never have been able to read many comic books since there's never been any good places to buy them where I live. I'm a big fan of the Marvel movies and many of the games though, and I'm currently playing Super Hero Squad Online! Members of the SHSO Game Players Facebook group probably know me as Dakota. I decided to join this site since the Ground Zero thread and the Facebook group are the closest to an official/unofficial forum that game has.
    Last edited by Marshal Super Lion; 11-21-2015 at 01:36 PM.