Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Excellent!

The original issues of Born Again were actually my first Daredevil comics. From there, check out the older Frank Miller stories, and the excellent Brian Michael Bendis/Alex Maleev run (the Wilson Fisk in the Netflix series is very influenced by Bendis' interpretation). The current (just finished) Mark Waid run has been pretty great, too. And we're about to get a new series, written by Charles Soule. If his treatment of Matt Murdock in his recent She-Hulk series is any indication, we're in for some good stuff.
    Thanks so much for the reccomendations, I'm (finally) deep into Born Again and it's knocking me out! Terrific story. Looking forward to picking up a bunch from the Miller era now.

Glad to hear it!

All-New Member

Default Hello!

Hey there, everyone! My name is Skulldrey and I love comics - obviously. I've got a soft spot for Spider-Man and I think my favorite series right now is probably Outcast. I collect a lot of CGC-graded first appearance comics, as I am sure many here do... given that I am not a rich man, this is a very expensive hobby. I've elected to stop buying new ones for a while unless I can get a steal of a deal.

I came to this forum because - try as I might - it is almost impossible to find people who share my same excitement about comic books via the small town in which I live. I used to be very involved in different forums, but my obvious neglect of internet phenomena is easily ascertained by my inability to find the "reply" button on this thread for a good two minutes... maybe I'm just stupid, who knows?

I also run a YouTube channel that focuses on geeky stuff, in general. Here is a link to one of our comic-related videos, feel free to leave feedback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceCyiED-yRo

I promise I'm not here to post-and-go, leaving my YouTube stamp on your website. Genuinely would love to make some new friends and discuss comics with a fan base that I can both engage with and learn from.

So, where do I go first?

All-New Member

Hi guys,

Name is Lou - new to the community here. Looking for some new material to read. Happy to be amongst friends that share my interests. Favourite graphic novel, The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller.

Just posted my first question, I think it's an important one for the comic book community, right here: http://community.comicbookresources....lligent-Comics

Let me know what you think.

Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldrey View Post
    So, where do I go first?
    There's a bunch of sub-forums dedicated to discussing various publishers, and characters. There's even a Spider-Man board!

I haven't read Outcast yet, but it looks interesting. Any other Image books you dig?

hello . i'd like to introduce myself either by forum name or you can call me micheal. been reading comics for quite a while and at the tender age of 56 still reading them on and off my current faves are mostly marvel (and nearlys always marvel) the new ms marvel,squirrel girl ,spider man (peter parker and miles) getting very interested in the new thor, ermmm never was a big fan of iron man. loving the way marvel is re-inventing their universe it's pretty exciting because did seem to be getting a bit stale for my tastes and i love looking around at fan art

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noob_Nathan View Post
    It's great hey! I got into batman after begins too. I love how dark and broody batman is, i relate to those aspects of the character. I haven't yet dived into superman yet, i really want to but i dunno where to begin.
    Sorry Nathan, I missed your post earlier. My first foray into Superman comics were the "Superman Unchained" series, which in my opinion are really excellent. Jim Lee's art is top notch, and it's not for young children. I highly recommend it, there's that somewhat darker side as well.

All-New Member

Hello, I'm Curtis 25 years old, I'm half American living in Belgium.
    I really like comics (The Marvels, but I really like Belgians comics such as "Tintin" or "The Smurfs", and it's much more easy to write "Smurfs" than Schtroumpfs ^^).
    Music is also a big passion. I play and sing country/folk/classic rock music, I'm into music from the 60's and 70's, big Neil Young fan, I like : Graham Nash, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, The Carpenters, The Beatles, The Guess Who, Parliament Funkadelic, Sly & The Family Stone, Stevie Wonder, and many many more...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Hi guys,

Name is Lou - new to the community here. Looking for some new material to read. Happy to be amongst friends that share my interests. Favourite graphic novel, The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller.

Just posted my first question, I think it's an important one for the comic book community, right here: http://community.comicbookresources....lligent-Comics

Let me know what you think.

Lou
    Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    There's a bunch of sub-forums dedicated to discussing various publishers, and characters. There's even a Spider-Man board!

I haven't read Outcast yet, but it looks interesting. Any other Image books you dig?
    Actually I just started collecting and reading in March of this year. My collection is immense already by most standards, but I've stopped buying on a weekly basis in favor of graded comics once every month or so. They hold their value,whereas modern day comic books don't usually end up being worth the paper they are printed on. My point being that I haven't had a lot of time to read a lot of other Image stuff. I've heard Chew is really good, but the only other Image title I'm up to date with is The Walking Dead. Robert Kirkman is a true genius when it comes to storytelling.

Chew is great!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Ohayo gozaimasu, my little punishers! I hope all is well with everyone, and that you enjoyed a pleasant and enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend. Meanwhile, today is Cyber Monday, so who will be shopping online?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Wrong thread!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

D-OH! Quite right! My bad!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Abito in Italia, esattamente in un paese tra Padova e Venezia.

Hello everybody!

My name is Lucia, I'm 24, from Italy.
    I like to read comics and watching science fiction movies.