Page 52 of 92 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Hey guys, new here obviously. I was not a comic reader until about a year ago when my, then, 4 year old son got into superheroes in a big way. I bought a couple graphic novels in order to read his favorite superheroes to him and got a little addicted myself. Anyways, I decided to join here to find recommendations and to join in on discussions with folks who share my new found hobby.

Glad to be here guys.

Amazing Member

Hi all, I'm Bryn (real name James) and have recently started reading a lot more comics so thought I'd join up, doesn't seem to be many places to discuss the hobby.

My first book was Watchmen on a friends recommendation before the film came out, loved it. Didn't then get any more until last year when I got the MCU tie ins, which I keep up with. This year I then started getting some New 52 TBPs, just Superman and Action 1 and 2 at the moment and last month far too many of the new Marvel series. Plan to get some Batman new 52 and Turtles at some point.

Also really enjoying (most of) the movies and TV shows out there at the moment.

So I'll probably be popping up in a few different sections!

Morrix

Hello everybody, I'm Morrix. Long time comics fan, happy to be part of the CBR community.

JustWannaDance

New guy here. On again off again comics reader, I'm pretty casual about it since I don't have the most funds for comics. Perhaps when I get a career instead of just a job I can afford the hobby to the extent that I would like to, then again if children are in the picture I'm sure that will be compromised.

As far as music goes I'm into metal, prog rock chillwave, electro techno and so on.

Hello. Former Marvel veteran here. Getting back into comics now and it's hard as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    Hello. Former Marvel veteran here. Getting back into comics now and it's hard as hell!
    Not really. Find some comics you like. Read them. Simple!

I joined today. My old account got lost or hacked. Can't remember which. I'm getting back into comics again. Mostly Marvel and Dark Horse, Image. I write short stories and poems. I do landscaping custodial work for a living. I see a few people from the pacific northwest. Think I'll say hey. That's it. Peace.
    Last edited by Red Wolf; 01-22-2016 at 05:10 PM.

the last storm traveller Silent Wanderer's Avatar

Hello everybody,
    This community is a great discovery for me! I am an illustrator and a comic book artist, and I came here to hang out with my fellow comic lovers.

Cheers everyone!

Hi guys!!

I'm from Australia, first introduction to comics was when I was around 8 and my mum's friend gave me a shoe box full of them. The shoe box contained comics from both marvel and dc, I still read avidly and have no exclusivity.
    My favourite comic is still Invincible (I know I know haha I can't tell you why, there's just something about it.

Other than comics (and their film and television counterparts) I have many other interests. Including; Film and Television in general (I do act on the side mainly just short films atm), Martial arts, gaming mainly PS4 (was a pc gamer for a while but couldn't keep up with it) and am a huge sports fan. Being from Aus, I grew up with Aussie rules football, but since 2001 have followed the NBA and since 2005 the NFL as well. I follow the leagues and have my fav players but as of yet haven't started following a particular team. If anyone wants to reply and give me a reason to follow their team I may do so hahaha.

I also just recently started a YouTube channel reacting and reviewing various things. I will be talking about all of my interests if any of you wanna check it out and subscribe would very much appreciate that!! I will be uploading everyday.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuJ...6nMY_tC7vV5YOA

Thanks for reading!!

Quote Originally Posted by therowdyb View Post
    Hi guys!!

I'm from Australia, first introduction to comics was when I was around 8 and my mum's friend gave me a shoe box full of them. The shoe box contained comics from both marvel and dc, I still read avidly and have no exclusivity.
    My favourite comic is still Invincible (I know I know haha I can't tell you why, there's just something about it.
    Because it's good, is why!

If you're in the Brisbane area, Ace Comics & Games is the place to go for all your comic needs. They have a shop in Queen St, and another in Annadale (wherever the hell that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Because it's good, is why!

If you're in the Brisbane area, Ace Comics & Games is the place to go for all your comic needs. They have a shop in Queen St, and another in Annadale (wherever the hell that is).
    Hahaha yeah I know its good, that's for those who say it's gone stale. I'm not one of them BTW.

Thanks man I'm on the Gold Coast but have been meaning to go up to Ace as there's nothing here really. From WA originally. Moved over this year. So don't know the area well. Are you up in Brisbane?

Quote Originally Posted by therowdyb View Post
    Hahaha yeah I know its good, that's for those who say it's gone stale. I'm not one of them BTW.

Thanks man I'm on the Gold Coast but have been meaning to go up to Ace as there's nothing here really. From WA originally. Moved over this year. So don't know the area well. Are you up in Brisbane?
    No, I'm down in Geelong, but I'm Internet friends with the owner and one of the staff. They used to post here, but they don't any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    No, I'm down in Geelong, but I'm Internet friends with the owner and one of the staff. They used to post here, but they don't any more.
    oh yeah sweet. I'll check it out when I'm up there. Thanks man

seankelly

hi everyone... sean here from portland.

so i'm just dropping by to do a bit of research. i have stacks of comics from when i was a kid in the 1980s and 1990s. however due to financial hardship i need to sell pretty much everything i own now, comics included.

has anyone had to do this? what is the best way to sell? are comics that were not professionally maintained even desirable in the secondary market or are they worthless?

for example, i had some teenage mutant ninja turtle comics. i see some going for hundreds of dollars each that i have copies of. however, mine aren't graded or anything fancy, so i just started the auction at $1. did i do anything wrong that you would do differently? what will be a good outcome for these?

thanks everyone for your help.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-14-2015 at 12:38 PM.

Hi, I am Eddie.

I like most things by morrison, moore, jim starlin,and Gaiman. I use to read a lot of comics as a kid, but then drifted...
    The ol' flame was re-kindled anew with Mister Nobody and death in venice (doom patrol #50, I think).
    Now I must get a life or make myself some comics. I think i'll take the easy route.

This place seemed nice and dandy, thought... might come in handy.
    Anyway, nice to be here guys.

Ah, should've be here long ago but, well, late than never, I say!

Last edited by misternobody; 12-17-2015 at 02:51 PM.