Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by misternobody View Post
    Hi, I am Eddie.

I like most things by morrison, moore, jim starlin,and Gaiman. I use to read a lot of comics as a kid, but then drifted...
    The ol' flame was re-kindled anew with Mister Nobody and death in venice (doom patrol #50, I think).
    Now I must get a life or make myself some comics. I think i'll take the easy route.

This place seemed nice and dandy, thought... might come in handy.
    Anyway, nice to be here guys.

Ah, should've be here long ago but, well, late than never, I say!

Welcome aboard Eddie!

[/FONT]
    Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Welcome aboard Eddie!
    Thank you freak, now take me to your leader!
    just kidding, Detox... This feels like a real nice place.
    Just nice to be here with you all I suppose.
    Thank you for your warm response.

Hi, I'm from Italy but I'm a great fan of American entertainment in comic book form. My username + avatar are pretty big hints about my favourite title of 2015. To be fair, I still have to find something penned by Garth Ennis, whether DC, Marvel or Indipendent, I can't enjoy at any level, so I could be a little biased in my opinions about the author.

My current reads are almost exclusively DC, but that doesn't mean I don't love some Marvel classics, like Claremont's first Uncanny X-Men run, Peter David's X-Factor, Byrne's Fantastic Four, or less celebrated works like Busiek's Avengers and Michelinie's Amazing Spider-Man.

I registered a week ago, but I thought that today would be the right time to present myself to the CBR community AND to wish a merry Christmas to all the forum members!

Welcome...umm...tool!

BANNED

Hi everyone. I'm Jeff, a long-time action figure collector, and I'm starting to tire out of action figure collecting. I started collecting comics due to the launch of DK3 Master Race!
    Hoping to read for several days/weeks to get more knowledge around the Comic Book Collecting hobby.

All-New Member

Hi,

I go by Phonytoast, I am a long time Comic Book reader (DC, Marvel, Image, Others) and Gamer (Mostly fighting games. I have been collecting comics for about 22 years now and recently started a comic book podcast\live stream as well. I don't want to advertise on here but if you google my name I am the only Phonytoast so you can check out the previous episodes on my youtube. I haven't been on a comic forum for a while and miss the online discussion format. I hope to contribute to this large community.

All-New Member

Hi guys!

I'm Marco from Italia, I read, collect and draw comics for 40 years. I came here to share informations with other artists and help him with some useful advices or learn some new things.
    I thnik that's all, hope I'll give my best to this community

Well, i'm Sam, for a living I sell various bags, usually ones with steel zippers and synthetic fabric made from an offshore manufacturer in China. These are high end bags none the less but I was born with a serious condition... I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my legs, and every afternoon I break my arms. At night, I lie awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep. I started reading comics after I wasn't allowed outside for my safety, they really appealed to me as it allowed me to feel like i was living in another world, like... I was from Gotham or Keystone City, etc. Now I sit at home still to this day like when I was a kid reading comics, but now I do it from a computer...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Venkman View Post
    Well, i'm Sam, for a living I sell various bags, usually ones with steel zippers and synthetic fabric made from an offshore manufacturer in China. These are high end bags none the less but I was born with a serious condition... I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my legs, and every afternoon I break my arms. At night, I lie awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep. I started reading comics after I wasn't allowed outside for my safety, they really appealed to me as it allowed me to feel like i was living in another world, like... I was from Gotham or Keystone City, etc. Now I sit at home still to this day like when I was a kid reading comics, but now I do it from a computer...
    Heh. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Venkman View Post
    Ooohh... I love chocolate with nuts. XD
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

All-New Member

Hi! I am starting my collection with some Deadpool and Marvel collected editions. Also, recently I have found Transformers books with really good artwork so have been starting to build a small collection of those as well! Eager to see what people think in this community.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    Hi, I'm from Italy but I'm a great fan of American entertainment in comic book form. My username + avatar are pretty big hints about my favourite title of 2015. To be fair, I still have to find something penned by Garth Ennis, whether DC, Marvel or Indipendent, I can't enjoy at any level, so I could be a little biased in my opinions about the author.

My current reads are almost exclusively DC, but that doesn't mean I don't love some Marvel classics, like Claremont's first Uncanny X-Men run, Peter David's X-Factor, Byrne's Fantastic Four, or less celebrated works like Busiek's Avengers and Michelinie's Amazing Spider-Man.

I registered a week ago, but I thought that today would be the right time to present myself to the CBR community AND to wish a merry Christmas to all the forum members!
    Please let me know what you enjoy about Crossed (that's where my love for Ennis stops)

All-New Member

Hi, I am from Aberdeen Scotland and used to read a lot of comics when I was a kid (and also a lot of D&D & WW RP). Not sure when that all stopped but a few years back I read Watchmen in preparation for the film (I like to read the sources before movies I want to see) but after the film got slated I didn't bother watching it. Anyhow, after reading the Watchmen I forgot just how powerful graphic novels/comics could be so I slowly found myself reading less books and more stuff with artwork.

I have 2 daughters (7/10) and I am slowly getting them into enjoying comics themselves. I am always on the look out for age appropriate material for them and I am always on the hunt for that new story. I am also trying to convince my wife (who often says "you're such a geek") to get into comics too and she like Red Thorn #1 so if you have any recommendations for stuff like vampires and pretty much anything supernatural I reckon I could convert her.

Currently I am reading the following
    Huck
    Superman American Alien
    Snow Blind
    Everything so far from Aftershock label
    I think I got up to #130-ish on the Walking Dead, need to catch up on that

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dedge View Post
    I am always on the look out for age appropriate material for them and I am always on the hunt for that new story. I am also trying to convince my wife (who often says "you're such a geek") to get into comics too and she like Red Thorn #1 so if you have any recommendations for stuff like vampires and pretty much anything supernatural
    For your daughters: Gotham Academy (DC, Cloonan, Batman universe but not too connected) for your daughters, the wife and maybe even you. Think Hogwarts in Gotham City.

Black Magic (Image, Rucka) for your wife and you. A female cop against a coven of witches.

Revival (Image, Seeley) for your wife and you. A female cop, Stephen King small town type horror and zombies (with a twist)

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    For your daughters: Gotham Academy (DC, Cloonan, Batman universe but not too connected) for your daughters, the wife and maybe even you. Think Hogwarts in Gotham City.
    I'd recommend Scooby Doo Team Up, as well. I got the first tpb for my 11-year-old daughter, and she loved it.