Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Hello! So I'm still pretty new to comic books and just started getting into them these past few years. My favorite superhero is Moon Knight and he's about the only one I follow so far as superheros go. I'm currently subscribed to Pretty Deadly, I Hate Fairyland, and Southern Cross, to name a few. I also absolutely love the show Orphan Black and can't wait for season 4! It's been amazing so far. In my real life I just work at a vet clinic in Arizona while I'm working on my degree in anthropology.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    For your daughters: Gotham Academy (DC, Cloonan, Batman universe but not too connected) for your daughters, the wife and maybe even you. Think Hogwarts in Gotham City.

Black Magic (Image, Rucka) for your wife and you. A female cop against a coven of witches.

Revival (Image, Seeley) for your wife and you. A female cop, Stephen King small town type horror and zombies (with a twist)
    Thanks for tips. I did get Tiny Titans and Abigail and the Snowman for the youngest. I noticed Spike-X recommended the Scooby Doo team up so im trying to hunt that down. Also picked up the new Wonder Woman in the hope that my oldest can read it, gotta check it out first.

I just got the Humble Bundle of comics deal which included Black Magic #1 so will check that out. You should check the deal out yourselves, lot of goodies. Much prefer having the physical comic though.

All-New Member

hello i am Frank I am 21 years old from cinci Ohio USA. I really enjoy Comics , I follow DC more closely and the flash is my perspnal favorite. i collect everything from comics statues action figures basically anything. my favorite villian is the joker. I am an autobody technician for a career and play pathfinder and other table top games in my free time

Hi, finally decided to register here. I've been into comics and that kinda stuff for a long time, and will pick up whatever interests me.
    Last edited by Schrecken; 09-11-2016 at 12:29 PM.

Inudemon

I am 24 years old, and I am kind of more of a Marvel fan than a DC fan. I live in the USA in IL. It's prettty cold here at the moment, so getting used to that again..ugh.

I don't really read much comics or anything much anymore, but may do so again ASAP. I found the site linked to me before, and find the articles awesome.

All-New Member

Hi everyone--old man here, who read a lot of comics in the 80s and 90s. These days I'm not into the superhero stuff so much, and am more drawn to poetry, unique stories, oddball indies, and the classic graphic novels.

I registered here because a friend and I are trying to break in to the comic scene, and I realized that to do so, I should probably be part of the comic community. My days of being a solitary hermit may be over. Such is the penance of self-promotion.

Our (first) comic is called SCARABS and we're currently (jan 15th to feb 15th) trying to fund a printing on kickstarter. I'll make a separate post about that though.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Inudemon View Post
    I am 24 years old, and I am kind of more of a Marvel fan than a DC fan. I live in the USA in IL. It's prettty cold here at the moment, so getting used to that again..ugh.

I don't really read much comics or anything much anymore, but may do so again ASAP. I found the site linked to me before, and find the articles awesome.
    Now's a good time to jump on board with Marvel; they've just re-started their entire line. Not a reboot as such, but there's been a few changes.

All-New Member

Don't remember if I had an account here before, i guess I'm one of those lurkers but finally decided to register...
    44 year old male - mostly a DC fan in my teens/college years but slowly lost interest over the years and these days just read trades - mostly non-cape but I'll read anything with a good story or art.

Just registered so though I should say hello. Live in UK 32, used to focus more on collectibles rather than comics and literature but recently have been reading Green lantern (which was a headache to break into) and now picking up more marvel stuff. Pretty new to all stuff comics so you can imagine it felt quite daunting finding something to get into and where to start.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Welcome aboard, folks. There's something here for everybody's viewing and reading pleasure. So, like the title of that classic song by the original material girl: "Express Yourself!" (Actually "Express Yourself" is a 1970 single by Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band. Oh..and the rap group NWA did a version as well.) Ha.

All-New Member

Hello everyone I am new to cbr. Id love some feedback please go here http://dubsart.com and here jaredrank.blogspot.com to see my art, Thank you everyone .

Hello Everyone.

I am new to CBR forum and just wanted to drop by and say hello. I love reading comics, playing video games and watching TV series and movies. I wish I read more comics, since I haven't been into them for most of my life and just discovered the joy of comic books a few years ago. It's difficult to keep up with the latest comics when there are decades upon decades of stuff written and I am trying my best.

Cheers!

Hello,

My name is Anne-Ora, and I live in Europe (I move around quite a lot). I am 23, have quite a boring financial analyst job (it is actually extremely interesting, but somehow people do not find finance really hot, so I will not push it);
    I love painting, writing, I still party too much, I love traveling but I start to grow tired from it, I do snowboard and running, mostly together with my two dogs, wh are the main reason why my comic collection and book collection is digital. (Janek, the oldest dog, really loved Asimov's books.)
    What else about me? Typical girl that likes fashion, loves nike sports-wear, spends a lot of time shopping and owns way too much matte M.A.C. lipsticks.

My experience with comic world is.... in different parts. Basically I started reading comics around the same time I started playing PC games (turned/strategy based and Witcher style) - I had a back injure and spent months in hospital. I started with Spider-man and Batman, because someone had gifted me action figures of those guys on my birthday. (apparently, my parents thought that because I liked Pokemon, I will love those guys as well). They were right. I moved from Batman to Iron Man, and then to Black Widow, which is still my #1 favorite person ever. Lately, I have become Marvel exclusive, at least, I look only for Marvel collectibles. Right now trying to read everything Daredevil. In general I hope this place will help me to get into comics, because this far I have been quite a casual reader, but you know, I wanna dig deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by darediva View Post
    Right now trying to read everything Daredevil.
    There's a whole lotta great Daredevil comics out there! Frank Miller, Brian Michael Bendis, Ed Brubaker, and most recently Mark Waid are the writers you should be looking out for in particular.

In general I hope this place will help me to get into comics, because this far I have been quite a casual reader, but you know, I wanna dig deeper.
    Yes! Dig! There are so many great comics out there!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Right now trying to read everything Daredevil. In general I hope this place will help me to get into comics, because this far I have been quite a casual reader, but you know, I wanna dig deeper.
    Daredevil is speaking for your taste I can't think of another superhero with more quality runs to his name. Daredevil by Frank Miller, Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis, Daredevil by Ed Brubaker and last but not least Daredevil by Mark Waid (from 1980- 2015). That should keep you occupied for some time. I'm currently rereading them as well, being halfway through the Miller material.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 01-30-2016 at 03:49 AM.