Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

I've really been enjoying the Amazing Spider-Man title for the last few years, since Dan Slott started writing it. I also dug when it was Superior Spider-Man for a couple years there. I won't spoil anything about that, but check it out if you can.

JonahQKline

Hello CBR forums,

My name is Jonah, im an artist from Pennsylvania, about an hour from Philadelphia. I have always really enjoyed comics, manga, ect. and i have been inspired to start reading again. I started collecting in late 2009 and my enthusiasm really fizzled out completely in 2012. I sold my collection and feel like my soul has almost been cleansed in the cbw, the enthusiasm is back tbh. I mainly read digital comics but I also still go my shop and buy books on Wendsday/Thursdays. HANDS DOWN, my favorite hero is spidey and my favorite villain is sandman. I never explored beyond the surface of the manga world and have intentions in the future. I feel welcomed by the community, cant wait for what the future potentially holds!

~ Jonah

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonahQKline View Post
    Hello CBR forums,

My name is Jonah, im an artist from Pennsylvania, about an hour from Philadelphia. I have always really enjoyed comics, manga, ect. and i have been inspired to start reading again. I started collecting in late 2009 and my enthusiasm really fizzled out completely in 2012. I sold my collection and feel like my soul has almost been cleansed in the cbw, the enthusiasm is back tbh. I mainly read digital comics but I also still go my shop and buy books on Wendsday/Thursdays. HANDS DOWN, my favorite hero is spidey and my favorite villain is sandman. I never explored beyond the surface of the manga world and have intentions in the future. I feel welcomed by the community, cant wait for what the future potentially holds!

~ Jonah
    I hope you have a great time here. It sounds like you will.

I used to be a Spidey fan myself (okay, I am, just not as much as I used to be) and I'm looking for a hero to fill the void.

By the way, I look forward to seeing your art in the forums someday.

Fantastic Member Chicken Pocket's Avatar

Hey all! A belated introduction here. I mostly read comics from '84 - '92, my interest waned in college...looked into them again post-college, but could not get into the predominant 90's comic art style. Byrne, Romita Jr., J. Buscema, Zeck, McFarlane, and A. Adams are among my favorite artists. Recently, I've enjoyed Carmine Di Giandomenico's run with All-New X-Factor. So I'm jumping back into the comics thing, and it's fun. This forum is great! Glad y'all are here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pocket View Post
    Hey all! A belated introduction here. I mostly read comics from '84 - '92, my interest waned in college...looked into them again post-college, but could not get into the predominant 90's comic art style. Byrne, Romita Jr., J. Buscema, Zeck, McFarlane, and A. Adams are among my favorite artists. Recently, I've enjoyed Carmine Di Giandomenico's run with All-New X-Factor. So I'm jumping back into the comics thing, and it's fun. This forum is great! Glad y'all are here.
    Wait, I'm NOT the only one who has problems with a lot of modern comic art?

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    Wait, I'm NOT the only one who has problems with a lot of modern comic art?
    90s isn't modern.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    90s isn't modern.
    I was talking about late 2000's and after. 90's art was a mess, but at least I could understand why most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    I was talking about late 2000's and after.
    Yeah, but he wasn't, so...?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Yeah, but he wasn't, so...?
    So I missed that part.

Spectacular Member

I'm John. I have been a fan of CBR and CSBG almost since their inceptions. I've been a devotee of comics and sequential art off and on since the Silver Age. I happily am now in a situation to spend some time catching up on series I have have missed since the late 80's, and will appreciate suggestions of which ones I should look into getting graphic novels or omnibuses of. I just finished Nexus Omnibus 2 (outstanding) and have 3 on hand to read soon. I also plan to read Invincible soon. I've lurked on these boards for a number of years and look forward to communicating with all you nice people. Hello!

Hi, My name is Josh and I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. I'm 20 and I'm currently a student. I've been reading comics for about 4 years. I've been a silent follower of this forum for a couple of months, now I've decided to join.

All-New Member

My name is Mark and I'd hail from Galway Ireland. Silently followed this forum for a few days and have already posted in the thread congratulating deadpool surpassing X-Men: Days of Future Past. Well apart from comic based films and tv shows I love watching soccer, hurling (an irish sport) and enjoy walking in my spare time.

All-New Member

Hey guys.

Just joined the fourm, I'm 24 years old living in Florida and currently a student. I've been into comics for about a year or so and was just looking for a comic forum to join. A little bit about me: My favorite comic series of all time is Uncanny X-Men, favorite charachter would be Red Hood, and favorite book would have to be Watchmen.

Some current comics I'm really enjoying are: Lazarus, TMNT, Extrodinary X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men '92, Daredevil, Saga, Starfire, Star Wars, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Rat Queens. I do love single current issues, but I also collect omnibuses, hardcovers, etc. I also really enjoy collecting older comics as well.

Some of my favorite movies are: Donnie Darko (hence the username), Warriors, Conan the Barbarian, Clockwork Orange, Star Wars, and Gran Torino. Any 80s 90s cult classic I pretty much enjoy. I absolutly love anything 90s related: Scooby-Doo, TMNT, Power Rangers, X-Men, Batman, Seinfeld. Aside from comics, I really enjoy hiking, fishing, camping and all those sorts of things.

Happy to be apart of the forum and explore around

Hey guys,

New guy here... just came from another forum that is dying. Thought I'd say hello to my new forum.

I am Canadian.

hey, my name's Stephen i'm 22 and I wasnt aware CBR had a forum until a few days ago and got word from another very active music forum. I'm a pretty big DC Comics fan but not afraid to give Marvel love where its due (esp MCU). My fav heroes is Wally West (loved him from JL/JLU and later dived into John's run and loved him on Young Justice) and Miles Morales is a close second. Fav Comic book movie would go to Captain America The Winter Soldier and fav comic book show is The Flash.